8/12 Butters AMPS 263/+3 256/+6 288/+10 256/PMPS 320/+4 283/+7 151/+9 175

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Butters & Lyla, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Butters very briefly visited the beach overnight. Glad I was able to drag myself out of bed to test her or I never would have known. Then I worried she'd keep dropping, so I tested her again and she'd gone back up.

Have a lovely day/evening, all!

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Butters heads back down today.

Butters & Lyla likes this.
  3. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Yes, that miserable getting up to the alarm in the middle of the night! We are all very familiar with that bit of misery! Cats just love to do their 'thang' late at night...a mystery that remains unsolved - nocturnal I suppose...some of the best results are discovered at night!

But it's great info for helping you decide when to change the dose!

4. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

At least she still knows the way!....LOL

Come on Butters....work that juice!

5. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Now she just needs to do it during the day also.

6. Briere Fur Mom

Briere Fur Mom Well-Known Member

finally got around to saying hello!
    you're such a good mom Lyla. you know Butters really appreciates it:cat:
    Work that juice Butters:cool::D

Sue and Luci and Butters & Lyla like this.
  7. Butters & Lyla

lol you all make me smile with the cute comments.:cat:

Not sure why the beach is so appealing at night and not during the day. And let's not even mention her past visits to the lagoon, mainly at night. :rolleyes:

On another note, my beautiful patience pants are wearing a bit thin, tbh. I worry she is trending higher again. Marje had put out there that we could talk about fast tracking an increase if she stays higher since switching to calipers, since Butters has been getting less insulin. So I think that would mean a possible increase tomorrow morning, (four cycles after the TR increase instead of the normal six) assuming she stays high overnight tonight. I won't do anything without consulting first, though.

Sue and Luci and Briere Fur Mom like this.
  8. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

Butters may surprise you and start working that .75u! She knows you are already talking about an increase and might rebel:cat:
    I found some hilarious (stupid looking) pants for you to wear as patience pants, and I can't get that image copied in . . . grrrrr . . . Anyway, they are blue leggings with a giant cat on one leg! I'll post your new pants if I can get my brain back:smuggrin:

9. Butters & Lyla

I can't wait to try on my new patience pants! :joyful: They sound amazing. The ones Briere Fur Mom gave to me yesterday have since gone to Lisa & Oberon. Lisa needs them today.

On that note, @Marje and Gracie, I'd love your thoughts on fast tracking a dose increase for tomorrow morning if Butters stays high tonight.

ETA: For context to anyone just lurking, when I switched to using calipers on my BD syringes, the markings were so far off that Butters has been getting a lot less insulin. If you need to know more, just check out my condos from the last few days.

10. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

I want to go through a few things so anyone seeing this would understand my thought process. Also, this advice is for Layla to use with Butters (I just love that name) under these special circumstances. Please do not copy or use this advice for your cat.

Observations:
    • Butters earned a reduction from 0.75u to 0.5u on 8/7 pm cycle.
    • After six cycles and clearing the bounce, she did not come back into green numbers; under the TR protocol, that would be considered a failed reduction and, under TR, Lyla would go back to the last good dose.
    • Butters briefly dropped into the 30s so, normally, the “last good dose” would be between 0.5u and 0.75u.
    • Lyla started using calipers and realized what she thought was 0.5u was actually off by as much as 0.25u and so she increased the dose to 0.75u.
    • Butters dropped to 126 pm cycle of 8/11 and has had three full cycles of 0.75u with higher, bouncy numbers preceding the 126.
    Lyla...I’d see what she does tonight because you’ve got flat yellows today with a bit of a pop-up at PMPS. She might have a little surprise in store for you. If you don’t see any green or all you get is a tiny toe bean in the “beach sand”, I’d increase to 1u tomorrow and monitor closely starting with a +2 at the very latest after AMPS. Since we don’t know exactly how much her insulin was off before the calipers, you might find that 1u quickly becomes too much so watch closely.

Sound good?

Sue and Luci and Butters & Lyla like this.
  11. Butters & Lyla

Thank you, Marje. I read through your observations and advice, looking at my spreadsheet so I could follow your thought process.

First things first, I will see what happens tonight: I always get a before bed test, at least. I will set an alarm :)arghh:) to get at least one or two late night tests, depending on her numbers.
    If there is ANY green, or more blue than just a tiny toe bean in the sand, I will NOT take the increase tomorrow.
    If there is no green, just a tiny toe bean's worth of blue, and/or otherwise higher numbers, I am going to take the increase.
    I feel comfortable doing this because, besides the data and knowing she's been getting less insulin, I am able to stay home and monitor her all day tomorrow and Friday.
    I will start by getting, at the latest, a +2 after her AMPS after taking the increase.

Thank you so much, Marje, for taking the time to help Butters and me. And for sharing your knowledge and thought process so that I, and others, can learn. It is very much appreciated.

This is ONLY applicable to Butters.

12. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Lyla just wanted to say that face of Butter's is adorable. Wishing you all the best for Butter's :cat:

13. Butters & Lyla

Thank you, Diane! We both really appreciate your good wishes. And Butters thanks you for the compliment. :)

14. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

You’re welcome. Paws crossed!