? 8/12 - GIDEON BLUE - PMPS = 431

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Shiloh567, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Shiloh567

Shiloh567 Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/8-11-gideon-blue-amps-212.233471/

We are in the BLUE again for AMPS after being PINK at +6 last night. Thi seems strange that he would dip low after +6. A couple days ago, I tested every half-hour to hour after he had a BLUE morning, and he went down to LIGHT GREEN after his Lantus before mid-day.

So, could Gideon now be a late dropper, and his nadir is somewhere around +10 (PM)? Should I not get up at 1AM in the morning, but hold off to like 3AM to test him? I just think he is unpredictable.

2. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

That's quite a drop from that 6+ last night to this morning's AMPS...watch him closely...I always set an alarm to get another test after a drop of 100 points o more...let's see where he's headed today...the insulin is going to kick in soon...time to get your super duper eyes on him.

Briere Fur Mom likes this.
  3. Shiloh567

Shiloh567 Member

Yes, he probably will drop in the GREEN if he follows the same pattern a couple of days ago. It is just so strange that I tested at +6 this morning and he was 333, now he is so much lower. I would have expected him to rise even more by morning. Tested 30 mins after the 143 AMPS, and he was 154. I will check in another hour to see where he is headed. Then will test every 1-2 hours. I am working at home today, so I can keep a good eye on him. Will not be home tonight, so my husband will be the monitor.

Briere Fur Mom and Sue and Luci like this.
  4. Shiloh567

Shiloh567 Member

Well....at +2 my boy is 282. Should the next test be +4 or +6?

5. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

I'd get a 4+ to be on the safe side...these kitties are unpredictable...yesterday he hit a nice low at that time of day...

Shiloh567 likes this.
  6. Shiloh567

Shiloh567 Member

Thanks Sue. Will do. I am also focused on what Lantus dose he should be on while we are away, starting on Sat 8/15.

7. Shiloh567

Shiloh567 Member

+4 = 385
    So do I bother with a +6?

8. Briere Fur Mom

Briere Fur Mom Well-Known Member

I think you can give Gideon a lil pokey break. Looks like he's starting a bounce. @tiffmaxee has been helping you guys alot. We'll see what she says when she logs in:)

Shiloh567 likes this.
  9. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Good morning. Take a pokey break. It’s looking to me like he is breaking past any insulin resistance and will break bounces quickly. He might be now having a later nadir. I suspected that before but now we are beginning to see it as bounces clear quickly.

10. Shiloh567

Shiloh567 Member

Thank you all. I feel so much better with such a great team looking in on my Gideon!
    Note: I do work overnight tonight, but will have my husband test at (when?) during the night. Perhaps +8?

11. tiffmaxee

Let’s see what happens today and PMPS and then decide when he should test.

Shiloh567 likes this.
  12. Shiloh567

Shiloh567 Member

PMPS = 431
    When do you think my husband should wake to test Gideon?

Last edited: Aug 12, 2020
  13. tiffmaxee

Would you please change the subject? Add PMPS.
    I’d test at +3 and if yellow then again at +5. If higher I don’t think I would do another test after +3. Looks like it could be a bounce cycle.

14. Shiloh567

Shiloh567 Member

Sorry. I did not know I had to change the title for PMPS too.
    I will have my husband test at +3. If 200-300, then test at +5. If higher than 300, don't,t do another test.
    Thank you.

tiffmaxee likes this.
  15. Shiloh567

Shiloh567 Member

+3 = 307, so husband will not wake to test again tonight, since he is in the PINK.
    I will update the spreadsheet when I get home in the AM.
    Have a good night.