8/12 Mačka AMPS 536, increasing to 2.25 and switch to TR / PMPS 552, not hungry :(

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Penelope and Mačka, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Penelope and Mačka

Penelope and Mačka Well-Known Member

CandyH & Catcat likes this.
  2. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

Penelope - you can do it!!! You already put in so much effort, it shouldn't feel like much of a change!

I was worried when I was counting a 200+ drop in numbers. When I started shooting lower numbers, I thought... If Tina drops 200 points, she would be at zero. It did not work that way at all!! Shooting lower numbers honestly is ideal. Lantus wants to work in a steady way to keep glucose low. I know this from taking it myself. If I'm low, I still need my same dose of Lantus! Just may need a bit of LC food boost a time or two. Other than that statement, I won't talk about me.
    Treatment for cats is different... Our felines have to be special you know!
    Love to your beautiful boy Macka:cool:

3. Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA)

Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA) Well-Known Member

I think you might actually be LESS nervous on TR, once you get used to it. You should feel more empowered and more in control!

Best of luck to you both!

4. Penelope and Mačka

Thank you @Tina Marie and Jan, please talk about yourself!, I'm learning a lot! You're answering a question I had recently, and why it scares me so much to increase. Hopefully, the curves don't just drop but slow down at some point!!!!
    My poor Mačka has been in the 500s for two cycles now, obviously in a bounce from yellows. I am losing hope so many times a week. What if he can never be regulated? Ahh....

5. Jerry dutchboy

Jerry dutchboy Well-Known Member

Aah the roller coaster of diabetes..isn't it infuriating at times. Just try to stay calm, you've got this.:bighug:

6. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

You'll do fine! Just don't panic if/when you see those numbers start to come down - you've got to stay strong and be diligent - but don't over react. It does look like he's ready for that 2.25 - so if you're on TR and you don't see any green, he only gets 6 cycles before the next increase. You can check out Luci's SS - she's been needing an increase every 6 cycles for a while now - she just bought herself another cycle tonight because she hit that green 89 today - otherwise I was set to increase her again tonight. Sometimes they just need another push to get them back to the lagoon (green)...and Luci has been particularly stubborn lately.

Hang in there! :)

7. Penelope and Mačka

Thank you! What frightens me the most is when numbers go down at night and I'm sleeping. Which is why I have a very bad sleep at the moment and wake up every 3 hours. If he did not start from such high values, I might over react less, but from 500s to 100s in 4-5 hours? He gives me heart attacks (and not even greens yet, just once at the beginning, inexplicable). Anyway, I'll be brave and stay on TR for a while. I want to see nicer numbers very soon. Thank you all so much for your encouragements! <3

8. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

I deal with anxiety myself, but am a lot better now that Tina is doing better, with numbers mostly between 95 - 150.
    I wish I could send you some needed confidence. You obviously love Macka, you have support right here.
    Sending a big hug.
    Most of my anxiety has lessened a lot, but I dread a long family day coming up on Sunday. Then I have to be gone for up to 5 hours to take my Dad to the doctor Wednesday, BUT I've done that 3 times since Tina's diagnosis, and she survived just fine.
    I'll never say this is easy, but we are making it and feeling pretty good! Don't forget to treat yourself like a special lady.

9. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Chances of that happening are unlikely. Ollie is an acro and makes it so much harder but she has leveled off for the most part and staying in the 100's. She has been through severe ptitis, constipation which both are ongoing battles, remodeling, all the stress in July.

I say don't worry about that, he will get there, just not over night.

10. Penelope and Mačka

Thank you so much <3

11. Penelope and Mačka

Thank you! I am sure that anxiety comes right down when you can finally regulate your kitty a little better. I can already see it when Macka is in the 200s, I can breathe and chill again (but as a counter part I test more, ah...). What worries me also is the length of time spent in the highs, and how it may damage his old little body. I wonder every day, is he going to survive this and live another 5 years like some of my previous babies, or are we slowly going downward?

As for the time out, I get it so much! If I leave the house more than 3 hours I panic. And yes, every time we come back, they're actually just fine... :/
    I have a 5 day trip coming up in September, and a cat-sitter will stay at home. That does not make me feel too good to leave for so long^^

I treated myself last week with a new haircut, and in two days, I'll get a tattoo of 2 of my former cats (first ever, I'm not necessarily into tattoos, but this one is therapeutic)! If I survive the pain, I'll get the whole cat family at a later time!! Scary

12. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Let's both breathe deeply and do our best. Good for you, taking care of yourself. Keep doing it! Congrats on your tattoo art work. Now that is very special.
    Poorly controlled diabetes will eventually cause irreparable harm. However, cats can withstand a lot of damage and still recover just like we can. Macka is just asking for a bit more insulin.
    My experience was increase up to 3 units to kick the reds and pinks, then decrease back down, and now we are down to .5. Your boy may do something similar. Or not. We will see!

13. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

You will be able to do it !! All this is very stressful, but it's something we can do to help our kitty being regulated or even go into remission!
    At the beginning, I was so stressed but with time I'm feeling a lot more in control and understand a little better his numbers! I have to say that I'm still worried when I have to leave all day to take care of my old uncle, but he's always doing fine! Never forget that you're not alone ! :bighug:
    Always take time for you, that's important! Nice for the tatoo, good idea! Maybe a picture when it's done .....;)

14. Penelope and Mačka

PMPS 552, +2 578, that does not look good. He's not hungry apart from some LC kibble, I think he has nausea. I gave him Cerenia an hour ago.

Crista & Ming likes this.
  15. Crista & Ming

Crista & Ming Well-Known Member

16. Penelope and Mačka

He just ate 1/4 of Fancy Feast.
    Purring: on a few occasions today, peeing: a lot, pooping: diarrhea this morning (I wonder if it's the Applaws chicken that caused it, it's the only new food I introduced yesterday), playing: none, too high for that, preeing: what does it mean? (sorry English is not my native language).

He drank a lot water with paté mixed in to stay hydrated. I added bonito flakes on his food earlier, but he's just not feeling too good. I'll see again in a few hours if he will accept more food.

Edit: I tested the ketones twice today: negative