8/12 Walter AMPS 137 PMPS 344

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Zelda & Walter, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Zelda & Walter

Zelda & Walter Well-Known Member

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice blue start. I hope Walter doesn't bounce too high today.

Zelda & Walter likes this.
  3. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Hi Zelda, the more time Walter spends at lower numbers, the less the bounces will be...let's hope he's aware of that ... and gets on back down to the beach soon.

4. Briere Fur Mom

Briere Fur Mom Well-Known Member

Wow Walter!!!Just wow.:cool::cool::cool: Nice AMPS. And the bounce begins....
    Oh Walter. You're going the wrong way :facepalm:What are we going to do with the Rainbow Kitty:cat:
    Have you thought of ways to help control the bouncing? I love to learn and expand my knowledge......sorry if i'm being a pain:bighug:
    Have a great day Zelda.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  5. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

I've asked Zelda about adding medium carb foods to his diet, monitoring more often when he's on his way down and testing with a human meter since the protocols are written using human meters - please feel free to add to that and make other suggestions! I'd love to see Walter level off, if only in the blues or low yellows....those bounces are just so hard on him...up/down, up/down.

Thanks @Briere Fur Mom :)

6. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I used to use food to guide Max’s curves to prevent him dropping too much like Sue has suggested. I fed him small amounts often and based on each test gave lc or mc for the first few tests. I think for bouncers if you get them used to blues first and the work on getting them used to greens it helps. Take a look at Kit’s spreadsheet. It seemed to help her. Right now she’s probably fighting a UTI so the last few days aren’t normal for her but look at tge whole ss.

7. Zelda & Walter

Zelda & Walter Well-Known Member

Medium carb foods do seem to help— he had a small amount last night and then some more this am.