? 8/13 - GIDEON BLUE - PMPS = 429 What should new Lantus dose be?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Shiloh567, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Shiloh567

Shiloh567 Member

We are having a BLUE morning! Gideon is so unpredictable. Hoping he doesn't bounce again.
    I will test at +2, just to see where he is at, then decide when to test again.

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Gideon Blue surfs for you today.

Briere Fur Mom and Shiloh567 like this.
  3. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

Good blue morning Gideon Blue! I hope your boy settles down, Shiloh, into lots more blues and safe greens soon.
    Gideon Blue sure is handsome, and tripods are special babies;) - give him extra scritches or kisses from Tina:cat:

4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

He’s clearing the bounces more quickly. That’s improvement!

5. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Very nice.

Shiloh567 and Briere Fur Mom like this.
  6. Shiloh567

Shiloh567 Member

Didn't expect him to go to 78 at +6. He is eating some 9% carb food.

Briere Fur Mom likes this.
  7. Briere Fur Mom

Briere Fur Mom Well-Known Member

Nice catch!

Shiloh567 likes this.
  8. Shiloh567

Shiloh567 Member

I will test in 1 hr to see which way he is going. He is so happy and loving today. Even more than usual, which is pretty difficult.

Update: +7 = 125, which looks pretty good to me. This was after eating 9% carb food.

9. tiffmaxee

Wow! He’s full of surprises. So glad you caught it before he plummeted. Good job.

10. tiffmaxee

Yes. I think he’s good.

11. Shiloh567

Shiloh567 Member

Now, we will see how he does tomorrow, and then decide on the vacation dose. Tonight, should I do the same as last night...if at +3 he is higher than 300, (in the PINK), do not test until AMPS? I would like to be able to loosely follow some formula. On vacation, in addition to AMPS and PMPS, he will be tested at +6 (AM) and +3 (PM).

12. tiffmaxee

I think that should be good. Since you are leaving Saturday we might want t take his dose down tomorrow. I have to think about that and also see what others think.

13. Shiloh567

Shiloh567 Member

Thanks for all the help. I might enjoy my vac after all.

14. Shiloh567

Shiloh567 Member

After having a fairly good day, we are now in the RED!
    Baby steps, I guess.

15. tiffmaxee

The good thing is he’s clearing bounces faster and spending more time in blues and greens. Right now blues are the best so he won’t bounce as high.

16. Teri & Disco NoFurNo (GA)

Teri & Disco NoFurNo (GA) Well-Known Member

What is the 9% carb food you are feeding? I have lots of 12 and 13 and 14%, but only have 0-3% carb on hand right now. I will take a look at the Cat Food Chart again and try and come up with a shopping list of foods Disco might do well on with his IBD.

17. Shiloh567

Shiloh567 Member

Nulo is 8-9% depending on the flavor. He loves it, but I usually go with 4-6%. He likes Merrick's Duck, Marrick's Grandma Something, and Wellness Complete, Blue Wilderness Chicken, Duck, Turkey. Also, Blue Kitten, and Fuzzy Cat. Lots more too.

18. Teri & Disco NoFurNo (GA)

Teri & Disco NoFurNo (GA) Well-Known Member

Thanks for ideas! I have to go grocery shopping and will pick up a few, so I have some! Hoping you can relax and enjoy your vacation!

19. tiffmaxee

I’m torn between suggesting you stick with 1.5 or go down to 1.25. Let me ttag others.
    @Sue and Luci @Bron and Sheba (GA) What do you think for a vacation dose? He will get tested before each and once in between I think.

20. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I think for safety's sake 1.25 is a better dose just in case he dips to lower greens.

Sue and Luci and Shiloh567 like this.
  21. Shiloh567

Shiloh567 Member

What should the Lantus dose be in the AM?
    Ok. I will decrease Lantus dose to 1.25 units BID. Tonight +3=419. Thank you!

Teri-. Gideon also likes Weruva foods, and Beyond. I would go by Dr. Pierson's food chart.

22. tiffmaxee

I’d wait to decrease until tomorrow night if you go with 1,25.

23. tiffmaxee

@Chris & China (GA) Hi. If you are still around what do you think us a good vacation dose? She leaves Saturday and Gideon will be tested about 3 times each cycle.

Chris & China (GA) likes this.
  24. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

How good is the vet tech at measuring the doses that are in between the lines? 1.25 would be a good vacation dose as long as he's eating normally IF they are able/willing to do those "in between" doses.

If not, for safety's sake, I'd go to 1U so it's on a line and have the pet sitter test for ketones if he's in any way acting "off" or not eating.

Will either the petsitter or vet tech be able to text you to keep you informed about his numbers?

Sue and Luci likes this.
  25. tiffmaxee

She’s likely asleep. Last month they texted and she posted so yes. I think a vet tech will shoot. The sitter will get mid cycle tests so I don’t think measuring will bd a problem. We just reduced from 1.75 recently.

Chris & China (GA) likes this.