8/13 Oscar AMPS 103, +5 43, PMBG 53, +14 55, +18 44

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sam & Oscar, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Sam & Oscar

Sam & Oscar Member

Yesterday

I decided to not shoot last night and actually get a nice night of rest, it was actually very nice to have a break from the stress of him going low - like he is right now :)

Luckily, Tuesdays are a great day for me to work from home, so I have been here with him all morning. He just ate a good amount of HC and I will test again in 5.

I just hope that we can get down to a dose that will keep him level for a few days so we can both chill!! I am going out of town on Saturday pm-Monday pm so that will be 4 shots that DH is responsible for. I am prepared to have him skip if we've got the same situation going on since he won't be able to monitor as much as I have been.

2. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

How long did it take to have your DH help? Did it take you a while to trust? I just can't seem to let go, but my DH is willing to help.
    I'm sorry you are losing so much sleep!

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Oscar is looking really good. It looks like he just earned another reduction today.

4. Penelope and Mačka

Penelope and Mačka Well-Known Member

Oscar you rock!!!

5. Sam & Oscar

Sam & Oscar Member

Yes he did! I am glad to see his numbers the way they are, and he's been really really playful, teasing the dog and everything.

He started testing for me right away because he is a teacher so he was home and I was at work and it was easier-- now the shot.....I haven't had him do! LOL, that's on me though, he has offered. He will be practicing with me this week, but we will see where we are on Saturday. I've been taking sleep when I can get it - I am no stranger to a good nap.

6. Krystina & Nelli

Krystina & Nelli Well-Known Member

Rut roe!
    :nailbiting:
    Nelli and Oscar are flirting with each other!

7. Sam & Oscar

Sam & Oscar Member

Of course he's stayed in the 50s all day and is still throwing them now at PMPS (when Matt tested while I was at work earlier and told me 86 I was thrilled! But when I got home I realized he had used the AT2). Anyone with any advice would be welcome. I know shoot low to stay low, but this is uncomfortable for me.

He was to get a reducie to .75 tonight, but what do you think? Stalling since he's not acting like he needs to eat NOW at this point.

8. carfurby (GA)

I'd stall and see if he comes up. He's coming down the dosing ladder fast and you don't want to have to fight to keep him up tonight. If he doesn't come up you can skip. Then tomorrow you'll know his numbers are from the dose and not the depot.

9. Sam & Oscar

Sam & Oscar Member

Thanks Carla! I wanted to make sure it wasnt just my pillow trying to convince me! I skipped last night even though he came up a little and felt bad about it, but I don't like seeing him drop too low every cycle and risking putting more stress on him (too low+12pokes).

10. Sam & Oscar

Sam & Oscar Member

Ahh! 44 after stalling, yikes, Oscar! No dose tonight. Reduce to .75 tomorrow am unless you think I should try .5? I guess I'll have to see what AMPS is. And make sure he stays safe tonight.

11. carfurby (GA)

Make sure you get a +1 and a +2 even though you skipped to keep him safe. I'd try the 0.75 units tomorrow. You don't want to skip a dose.

12. Sam & Oscar

Sam & Oscar Member

I'll be on high alert still, he definitely ate plenty and has no problem with letting me know if he needs a "fresh" serving :rolleyes:

Sonia & Leo and Crista & Ming like this.
  13. Sam & Oscar

Sam & Oscar Member

So I think I'm doing the +hr thing right on my heading. But at 18hrs after his last dose Oscar just threw me a 44. Hes eating now, but I thought without insulin I could relax.

If hes still low in 6 hrs at his AMPS, I can be home to monitor with the exception of ~1hr where I have a meeting. Planning on the reduction to .75, but what AMPS should give me pause? I've read that lantus works well to level out with lower numbers, but Oscar seems to be on his own path. And I don't know if I can risk being away for a whole hour at this point.

14. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Did you have trouble keeping him up in the low greens the last few cycles? Did you have to feed much high carb.
    44 after 18 hours indicates he certainly needs less insulin. And you have skipped three of the last 4 cycles.
    Did you give some high carb food after the +18 44?
    I'd wait and see what the AMPS is but I'd be hesitant to give 0.75 after such a long string of low green and three skipped shots out of the last 4 cycles.
    I would post and ask for advice. It may be safer to drop the dose lower than 0.75 Units or skip.

Sam & Oscar likes this.
  15. carfurby (GA)

You may need to skip in the morning. If he's still in the 50s or lower, I think I'd skip just to be safe.