8/14 Butters AMPS 274/+2 299/+5 317/PMPS 257/+2 302/+3 337/

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Butters & Lyla, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Yesterday I learned, besides ideas to help with calipers dosing, that I cannot count to four. I was going to go back and edit the post where I counted to four as: 1, 3, 2, and 2. Since I have not even a modicum of pride, I'm going to leave it as is. :cool:

No beach visit last night. Now I'm just anxiously awaiting Butters' next increase. Need the patience pants back.

Have a wonderful day/evening, all.

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Butters slides down today.

Butters & Lyla likes this.
  3. Briere Fur Mom

Briere Fur Mom Well-Known Member

You're doing so good Lyla. Butters will come back down.
    I have a civvie named Butters. He really should of been a Cheddar. The Cheddar's I've known were mean so, we settled on Butters. His personality is very much like Butters(south park).
    Be good Butters:cat:
    Have a great day Lyla

thebigfuzz and Butters & Lyla like this.
  4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Hey Butters, are you reading this? Dosecrease is being considered soon. Only you can change that.

5. Butters & Lyla

Everyone loves Butters. :cat: My Butters is also named after one of the greatest south park characters of all time. Even if your civvie Butters' colouring is more of a Cheddar, it sounds like his personality fits much more with being a Butters.

Butters is actually reading this, or at least she's on my lap staring at my computer screen pretending to read it. Hopefully she understands.

KittenTheCat and JOJI and Kit like this.
  6. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Threat is on the table. Pay attention.

7. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

They seem to sometimes respond to those threats. Funny story. One of mine eats cotton, plants, all kinds of stuff. So she’s only allowed in the living room part of my place when supervised. We have a game when I want to get her out where she keeps running under furniture. Well yesterday I let her stay without me for a few minutes. She came back on her own. I was at my desk. All I did was start to stand and she ran as fast as she could so I could down the hallway. She wasn’t about to let me close the door which her sister opens frequently. I have to barricade it to prevent that or lock it from the outside.

8. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

From looking at that SS, I would have increased this morning - 6 cycles without a green in sight...

Is there another reason you're waiting? (work or other obligations)...

You're testing plenty...looks great!!!

9. Butters & Lyla

I have those obligations, but no, that's not why. Right now with work and COVID I am at home unless I get called to come onsite. I have a bit of flexibility as long as I can get in and do my thing within a 8-10 hour window, usually. I am so lucky that way. So I have been managing that okay and if she did drop and I was supposed to come to work, I'd consult here immediately and/or find someone to cover for me. But I haven't had to worry too much about her going low!

In my condo yesterday, @Marje and Gracie said best to wait ten cycles per TR. @Bron and Sheba (GA) had also stated something similar right off the hop that day. I believe they were concerned about giving the depot enough time to fill from the increase to 0.75. That's why I've been waiting. I could've misunderstood. I know TR says wait six to ten cycles for an increase with nadirs under 200.

I know I will get different opinions on here, and I love to debate and I like to see everyone's reasoning. It's true, no green in sight for six days, since the PJ Party that I likely had a role in since I wasn't using calipers for dosing. But I'm not getting any more blues from her lately, either.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  10. Butters & Lyla

That is hilarious!!! What a cat. Sounds like she has so much personality. It's like reverse cat psychology.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  11. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

You are correct. She’s been at this dose eight cycles through tonight. If you don’t see more blue....like a nice long string or even blue close to green, I’d increase tomorrow.

When Lyla started using calipers, she discovered that instead of the dose being 0.5u, the syringes were so inaccurate that, at times, she had been giving much more insulin than that but she wasn’t sure how much more. When we don’t know, it’s always better to be a little more cautious. We were going to fast track her up but she was responding. The increase to 0.75u had her showing enough blue BGs to wait more than six cycles to see if the cumulative effect of the shots and the filling depot would get her into better numbers but she looks like she might be telling us she needs more insulin.

Some cats are slow responders. My Gracie was which meant that if I saw blue in the first six cycle, I needed to give her eleven cycles to see if she was serious or not.

Thanks, Sue!!

Butters & Lyla and Sue and Luci like this.
  12. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Ah, I knew there must have been more to the story :)

13. Butters & Lyla

Thank you for the advice, tonight. Looks like we will be increasing tomorrow.

I"m not going to wake up specifically to get a test, tonight. I'm not sure why I would need to, other than for data collection purposes, since she has gone so high. I think we could both use a little break.

14. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Good luck with the increase tomorrow morning, I hope you will start to see better numbers, I'm sure you will. Butters face is so precious, she looks like/a little diva lol
    Have a good sleep, both of you :bighug::cat:

Sue and Luci and Butters & Lyla like this.