8/14 - GIDEON BLUE - PMPS = 386

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Shiloh567, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Shiloh567

Shiloh567 Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...hould-new-lantus-dose-be.233560/#post-2610607

This morning we did decrease his Lantus dose to 1.25 units BID. The vet tech will be the one drawing up the insulin and giving the shot. She also will be the one testing prior to shot, but beafter he eats. The pet sitter will be able to get a mid-cycle shot during the day, which is usually +6, but can be earlier based on his AMPS number. She will also test at +3 in the PM. She is an older lady who thankfully was willing to learn how to test Gideon. Unfortunately, Gideon isn't being on his best behavior and he is moving his head and ears when we test him. This is new, since he always has been super about getting his test done. Perhaps he is just tired of being tested. We will try to think of different incentives for him to be compliant with his testing. Either way, he will continue to get tested.

The pet sitter emails me with the test results, but I think I will have to tech shoot me a text for AMPS and PMPS values.

Thank you all.

tiffmaxee likes this.
  2. Shiloh567

Shiloh567 Member

I just saw a reply that I was to wait until tonight to decrease. I did not see that reply from yesterday. I must have been in bed, or just missed it totally. So, Gideon rec'd 1.25 units this AM.

3. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

It’s fine to have decreased this morning. I was just anticipating he would be higher this morning. No worries.

4. Shiloh567

Shiloh567 Member

OK. Thanks. I was it bed, right after testing Gideon at 10PM (+3). I had been up for 36 hours at that point.

During vac, I hope to still be in contact to update the spreadsheet, and keep you all aware of how Gideon is doing.

Thank you for all that you do for these special kitties.

5. Briere Fur Mom

Briere Fur Mom Well-Known Member

Oh my Word....36 hours..:eek::stop: You need 36 hours sleep to recoup. Oh please get some good sleep:bighug:
    Take care Shiloh:)

ETA: Be good Gideon:cat:

tiffmaxee likes this.
  6. tiffmaxee

I don’t know how you pull two jobs and Gideon makes three. You need that vacation. I think the vacation dose will give you a much need opportunity to relax and catch up on sleep.

Shiloh567 likes this.
  7. Shiloh567

Shiloh567 Member

Thank you. Well, after a RED morning, Gideon surprised me with a BG=110 at +6. I fed Nulo 9% carb food, and at +7 he was 155.
    This mid-day dip may be his norm now, or do you think it is a slight bounce from being high?

I will leave some Nulo for the pet sitter with instructions to give if he is below 200 at +6.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
    Briere Fur Mom likes this.
  8. tiffmaxee

I think he’s clearing bounces more quickly and his nadir might be later when he clears a bounce.

Briere Fur Mom and Shiloh567 like this.
  9. Shiloh567

Shiloh567 Member

Should my next test just be the normal PM test?

I will leave some Nulo for the pet sitter with instructions to give if he is below 200 at +6.

10. tiffmaxee

Good plan. Are the foods labeled in some way?

11. Shiloh567

Shiloh567 Member

Every can is labeled and also in bins which are labeled.

Briere Fur Mom and tiffmaxee like this.
  12. tiffmaxee

You are very organized. I’m impressed.

13. Shiloh567

Shiloh567 Member

It takes me several days to label with day and time to feed what food. We leave very explicit instructions for the pet sitter. She has a paper for each day with check boxes. This way, nothing is forgotten. She has been doing our cat sitting for many years, so she is used to my style.

Red & Rover (GA) likes this.
  14. Shiloh567

Shiloh567 Member

I will be leaving for work in less than one hour. Husband will test Gideon at +3. If he is in the yellow at that point, he will test again at +6.
    Have a good night, if it is night where you are!