8/14 Moe:amps=186;+4=187;+7=272;PMPS=251;+2=157;+4=79

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Erin and Moe (GA), Aug 14, 2020.

1. Erin and Moe (GA)

Erin and Moe (GA) Well-Known Member

Last: https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...s-231-2-185-7-135-pmps-67-2-5-49-5-79.233561/

Good morning. Moe is starting out lower than he has for the past few days, AMPS is 186. I lowered his dose just the tiniest bit this morning; instead of the plunger being exactly in the 7.5 mark, it was just barely below it. I’m hoping he doesn’t go super low today. DH will be home but just isn’t as diligent as I am about testing him.

I hope everyone has a good day and kitties surf safely.

Briere Fur Mom likes this.
  2. Briere Fur Mom

Briere Fur Mom Well-Known Member

Nice start even with the low last night. Good job keeping him safe Erin:)
    Maybe leave out a "higher" carb LC or maybe even MC if you're concerned Moe might go low. Good luck:bighug:
    Have a beautiful day

Erin and Moe (GA) likes this.
  3. Erin and Moe (GA)

Moe is holding steady for the moment. 187 at +4. He is very reactive to food, so even LC will bring his glucose up. DH will check him again around lunch time.

4. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Very nice coasting.

Erin and Moe (GA) likes this.
  5. Erin and Moe (GA)

And here’s the bounce. 272 at +7. :blackeye:

6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Moe comes back down soon.

7. Erin and Moe (GA)

8. Erin and Moe (GA)

9. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

You might want to note on the spreadsheet that you gave a skinny dose this AM. And by the way, with his size dose (and depot), skinnying would not have done anything to substantially change the outcome of the cycle. A few extra carbs for his meals would have been a safer way to go.

Any particular reason you didn't reduce cause of that 49 last night? That earns a reduction.

10. Erin and Moe (GA)

I figured it was a fluke...his numbers are so all over the place that it’s hard to gauge how he will react on any given day. He’s dropping fast tonight...I will reduce tomorrow morning. To 7.0 or 7.25?

11. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Second time below 50 on this dose, so no fluke. Normally you'd do a full 0.5 unit reduction when over 5 units. Also factor in your ability to monitor. This is where you get to try something and see what works for Moe. For higher dose cats, you really need to Know Thy Cat. Some need only smaller decreases, some need the full amount. Always safer to try the larger amount first, and adjust up if needed.

Sue and Luci likes this.