? 8/14 Taco AMPS 537!!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Brandi & Taco, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Brandi & Taco

Brandi & Taco Member

https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/thr...ase-needed-food-question.233547/#post-2610018

4 cycles on our new dose and Taco isn't anywhere close to being okay. I am so frustrated and just feel like crying. Idk what I'm going to do if we have to keep going up. We are a one income family and can barely afford all this to begin with and a Lantus pen is lasting only a month right now.
    I'm sorry, I just had to vent. He was doing so well and then bam!
    I switched him to FF (first serving last night). Even though it's lower in carbs would a food change cause a 500+ AMPS?

2. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Please try not to feel frustrated...it's still early in the game for Lantus.

Have you looked in the Supply closet her to see if anyone has any free or deeply discounted Lantus?

There was a member here on the forum who's precious baby just passed...and she was donating the Lantus, basically just for postage...please post there if you need help obtaining Lantus.

None of us ever know how long of a journey we're going to be on - but it does take time....plenty of time and patience.

3. Brandi & Taco

Brandi & Taco Member

Thank you for your encouragement. I used to keep an eye on the Supply forum but stopped once we got our pack of pens. I'm down to two pens so I should start stalking it again. Thanks for the reminder. :)

Briere Fur Mom likes this.
  4. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

You can also post that you'd appreciate getting some free or at a reduced cost...

Ask @Olive & Paula if she still has any left. Since you're on a bigger dose you'd use it up fairly quickly!

Briere Fur Mom and Brandi & Taco like this.