8/15 Oberon AMPS 390, +3.25 386, +6 368, +10 391, PMPS 356, +2 329

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Lisa & Oberon, Aug 15, 2020.

1. Lisa & Oberon

Lisa & Oberon Well-Known Member

2. Briere Fur Mom

Briere Fur Mom Well-Known Member

With that drop last night into the yellows you would've expected a red start. I was thinking last night, while watching his drop into the yellows....Oberon might benefit from easing him into the yellows and blues. Use some LC snacks to slow his descent. Especially when you see a big move in #s. A "big" move in #s will cause the bouncing too. I know you're eager to see blues/greens. Some cat's do better taking it slow. He seems to be bouncing for a day after seeing yellow....so not an extremely long bounce. We'll see what his cycle does today.
    Be good Oberon.:cat:
    Have a great day Lisa

BTW Your graphs are beautimus. Love being able to see the cycle:kiss:

Sue and Luci and Lisa & Oberon like this.
  3. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

Lisa, I love the graphs! I used to be great with Excel, and now I fiddle around for hours, and still haven't gotten as far as you have!
    Be a good kitty Oberon, meow:cat:

Lisa & Oberon and Briere Fur Mom like this.
  4. Lisa & Oberon

Thanks, that sounds like a good idea. If I see a big decrease at +2 or +3, I can give him a bit. What counts as LC? He's getting FF classic pate regularly (~2-3% carb) and we free feed Young Again Zero dry but he only nibbles at it occasionally. I have some FF w/gravy (~12-15%) and ProPlan DM (~6%) on hand in my hypo kit.

5. Briere Fur Mom

Just his normal 2-3% carbs should work. 10% carbs and under is considered LC. 11-14% is MC and 15%+ is HC. A tbsp should be a good amount. You'll learn Oberon's carb sensitivity very well. The 6% could also be employed as LC. I didn't realize DM was 6%. Learn smthg new everyday. This food steering technique is used to help kitties with bouncing. Oberon doesn't seem to be on the extreme side of bouncing, like some other kitties on the board. His bounces clear fairly quick.

6. Briere Fur Mom

I'd try the 2-3% carbs first. See what that does to slow the drop. If there's no effect from the 2-3%, try the 6%. It's a mid-range LC (6%). Might work better in some circumstances. It's all one grand experiment when you steer with food. Be sure to keep notes on your SS so, you can refer to them. Know what food works the best for certain "number changes";)

7. Lisa & Oberon

He gets the FF in small amounts throughout the day already; he's a nibbler and a food snob. (Canned food slightly dried out? No good. Must be fresh!) So he's usually getting that at around +2 or +3 already. Sounds like maybe I should bump up to the 6% stuff? I have nearly a case of the DM that my aunt gave me after she lost a diabetic cat in December. (Also an Alphatrak that I can use as a backup meter if necessary.) Don't even know if he likes the DM yet, but I'll give it a shot next time he has a big drop.

8. Briere Fur Mom

You can try a small amount(tsp) added to the 2-3%. Notate what he's getting and when. Experiment.

Lisa & Oberon likes this.
  9. Lisa & Oberon

He came down to 356 before the evening shot. Hmm. Wonder what he'll do tonight.

Briere Fur Mom likes this.
  10. Briere Fur Mom

Only one way to find out:p:facepalm:

Lisa & Oberon likes this.