8/16 More Prayers Needed for Jayla's Rico

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by tiffmaxee, Aug 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Yahoo!!! image.gif image.gif image.gif

Attached Files:

jayla-n-Drevon likes this.
  2. PlumsMom

PlumsMom Member

Hooray for normal poo! Fingers, toes, & paws crossed for both boys. :bighug:

3. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

OMG I love the picture!!

Osha likes this.
  4. Shoeskitty-GA

Shoeskitty-GA Well-Known Member

Great news for Rico!!!!!!

5. Photorecon

Photorecon Well-Known Member

That's kind of nice that he's getting to a better shape.

Positive attitude is the key to success, think about what doing well and there will be more.
    Sending waves of positive toughs !

6. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Then post it!!

We love poo pictures here.....you sure wouldn't be the first one to be proud of a good poo pic!!!

Wonderful to hear Rico is doing better!!

7. jayla-n-Drevon

I am afraid to jinx it!!
    If we have #2 perfect poo it will be a headliner!
    I am not sure who will be happier after the construction.... the boys or me!

8. Gussie's mom (GA)

Gussie's mom (GA) Well-Known Member

Sweet words to hear! ( and I too have been known to photo poops!:rolleyes:)
    :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

9. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

More cheers for the good poo! http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/****/poo-dance.gif (anyone reading this condo on their first visit to the Board would think we are all nuts) More, please!

I'm so glad Rico is feeling well enough to groom Dre. Grooming is one of the first things to go when they aren't feeling well.

Are you talking about weight here? DId he eat in between weighing? Are you saying there was a one pound difference? That is odd.

10. Marilyn and Polly

Marilyn and Polly Well-Known Member

Hooray for Poo! *applause*

We'll keep the vines on autoship for your Rico, but I'm liking the sound of things today.

Marilyn and Polly

11. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

Wonderful news Jayla :)

12. elizabeth and gus

elizabeth and gus Well-Known Member

Sending more prayers and vines.

13. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

(((Jayla)))) I had no idea you were having a crisis with Rico! I'm glad he's doing better now - what a huge relief!

I wanted to pass along this link about probiotics. S. Boulardii is very effective at stopping diarrhea. Recent study showed that it can even beat c. Difficile better than an antibiotic. It's pretty amazing. Wish I'd known that when punkin got C Diff from taking Clindamycin for 40 days. I've given it to McGee and now am giving him Renew Ultimate Colon Care probiotics. It's got 80 CFU - we worked up to one capsule per day and then stayed at that dose for 1 month, then dropped back to one capsule every other day. I just mix it in his food.

Take a look at the 3rd link here in this about probiotics in IBD kitties. Maybe you can get Rico's gut back to an even keel with some probiotics - and fortunately, they don't have any negative side effects. These are from the "Where Can I Find?" thread.

Digestive Problems:
    Constipation, Maggie11 & Ann; Feline Constipation
    Hairballs/Chronic Vomiting
    Probiotics in IBD (or other) cats

Hope Rico is out of the crisis and on his way to being better now. :bighug:

14. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Carol & Murphy (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh Jayla - happy to hear this good news You have so much going on
    I give Murphy L Lysine

15. Tara & Ivana (GA)

Tara & Ivana (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness, I just caught up on all of the happenings with Rico - so glad he's home with you and it looks like the cardiologist has got a good plan. What an exhausting week it must have been for you, hope you are taking care of yourself too! Ivana sends Rico some feel-better vines too :)

16. jayla-n-Drevon

well we had normal poo #2 last night but this morning it was normal then water then normal--
    he is #12.15 at night and the morning after a poo and pee #13.1
    uhhhhh
    this is a emotional situation.... he sleeps mostly although his resp was 28 last night-
    thank you all for the continued prayer thought and vines....:bighug::bighug::bighug:
    he is eating!

@julie & punkin (ga)
    we tried the S bollard for months with no luck as well as metronidazole -azith-SEB--jarrows s bouladri
    trying to think of all the stuff we tried! is crazy because his BW and poo panel were good-
    and I did a HUGE very extensive 400$ panel-nothing--
    the vets and me (after enough endless nights researching and without a biopsy) thought either IBD or lymphoma and he was responding to the higher 5mg pred-but now in a catch 33--3 contradicting illnesses-
    he went from happy active playful to heart failure in hours.....
    Hoping to bring him back weaning off pred onto budesonide....sp?
    My cardiologist thinks if we can get him off pred his heart may go back to normal size-is not that enlarged a little thickening. Is a delicate balance he has not had fluids all week-
    we go see her Monday...:bighug:

julie & punkin (ga) likes this.
  17. Shoeskitty-GA

Shoeskitty-GA Well-Known Member

Glad that Rico is eating and having normal poos! More prayers and vines heading your way Jayla!

18. Suzi_S

Suzi_S Well-Known Member

Sending vines to you and Rico

19. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I'm so glad to hear that Rico is feeling better. The cardiologist sounds great so hopefully, all is working toward a good outcome.

20. Gussie's mom (GA)

Boatload of Rico Vines and Bean Vines coming your way from Gussie and I..:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

21. jayla-n-Drevon

I thought we had a normal #3 poo but it was a water bomb in the middle ....
    I wish I could stop this sinus? issue--am giving HEEL crushed traumeel/allergy and sinus and put in capsule.
    Looking forward to Monday....
    thank you for all the prayers....:bighug::bighug::bighug:

22. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending more prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

23. Carol & Murphy (GA)

@jayla-n-Drevon - Is the sinus issue Rico's or yours (couldn't tell) If the former, you might go back to Dr T for some apoquel. Murphy has terrible seasonal allergies - he's on daily zyrtec from Mothers Day until the first snow - occasionally needs some antibiotics
    She gave me a new med called Apoquel to give along with zyrtec, and at least for Murphy, it was like an overnight miracle. It was developed for dogs with cutaneous allergies but they are trying it for other things

24. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

Hope it's a good day for you and the boys Jayla. Sending lots of vines and prayers your way. Hopefully the switch to budesonide will be the ticket. :bighug::bighug:

25. Gussie's mom (GA)

Vines, lots of them, coming your way in big waves...:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

26. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

Jayla, what a wonderful update! I'm so glad to hear both Rico and Dre are doing well!!! Sending prayers and vines for continued healing!!!:bighug::bighug::bighug:

27. jayla-n-Drevon

Thank you everyone...
    @Carol & Murphy
    I am pretty sure it is related to what else is going on with him....
    I will ask Monday--she has a internist in the office as well. Thank you for the info-
    It is so hard seeing him like this....I am hoping it is not fluid build up even there? He is so lethargic :(
    He is still eating pretty good, I help him but he does ok. His weight is up from his normal weight with concerns me but his resp rate is pretty good-usually under 30-
    The HEEL allergy/sinus and traumeel along with the essential oil Raven on his chest have been helping enough to get thru til we see the Dr.

Squalliesmom likes this.
  28. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Can you describe the sinus issue?

29. Jan Radar (GA)

Jan Radar (GA) Well-Known Member

Jayla, I'm so sorry to hear that you've had such a stressful time with Rico not feeling well. Sending lots of feel better soon wishes for Rico and lots of :bighug::bighug::bighug: For you. I hope the doctors continue to do their excellent work tomorrow.

30. jayla-n-Drevon

it started Friday.... it was some sneezing at first then it seemed to be in his nose congested. Nothing is dripping out but when he lowers his head I can see it bothers him and he will sneeze a few times and rub his nose like it itches.
    Nothing is dripping out but a few times when he sneezed I saw some fluid come out.
    All of the plates are raised but any tilt down is annoying for him. He does not seem to be "sick" and Dre is fine-
    When he is sleeping or resting I can if I put my ear to his face I can hear the congestion.
    He is eating but sometimes I put a little juice in his mouth to taste it first....to entice him.
    I think the HEEL allergy/sinus is keeping it from getting worse but it seems no better either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.