8/17 Philly +12 104, AMPS 143,+3 44 (AT2), +3.5 52 (AT2)/38 human meter, +4 80 (75 NM)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Beck and Philly, Aug 17, 2020.

1. Beck and Philly

Beck and Philly Well-Known Member

Recent

We are in a period of falling numbers before AMPS again. I've made sure his numbers are going up before shooting. We've had scary journeys shooting falling numbers in the low 100s.

2. Beck and Philly

My Facebook memories today are from seven years ago. This is Philly as a little guy with his brother (who is still here as well). FB_IMG_1597670331960.jpg FB_IMG_1597670337960.jpg

3. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

4. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Such sweet babies.

5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

How adorable. I hope Philly surfs safely today.

6. Beck and Philly

Uh oh. I shot a rising 149 this morning after feeding. He had been falling between +6 and +12 before eating, but the 149 seemed safe to shoot. At +3 he was 44 on an AlphaTrak2. I gave him SOS gel plus dry kitten chow. Fifteen minutes later he is 52 on the AT2 and 38 on the NovaMax human meter. I gave him more SOS gel to bring him up a bit more. Will retest.

Will be reducing back to .75 again after this.

7. Beck and Philly

He's up to 80 on the pet meter and 75 on the human meter.

8. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

That must have been scary. Good catch.

Beck and Philly likes this.
  9. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

Whew! So glad Philly came back up. Did he seem weak or show any symptoms?

10. Beck and Philly

No symptoms that I could tell. I wish I could get a handle on these falling numbers before his morning cycle.

11. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

WOW! You had a bit of excitement there today...the only thing I can suggest is to always get a 2+...looks like he's in a hurry to get 'there' after he gets his juice. About all you can do is catch him in the act and start feeding some high carb food.

I hope he'll come around to all canned/wet food soon so you can get him over to TR.

Let me know if you figure out how to predict an active cycle...as you can see Luci needs to give me a heads up too...she never has or refuses to...I dunno...I just have to go with the flow as she's in charge :)

12. Beck and Philly

Scary, but not completely unexpected. We tend to have excitement when he starts the day with falling numbers. This has been going on for several weeks.

13. Beck and Philly

Thanks
    I sure could handle less exciting days, but I'm no longer surprised by them. It seems like he flushes his depot or something once a week or so. We'll have a couple mornings of falling numbers before his shot and then a whoosh down into lime greens. If we take a reduction, he'll go to pinks and reds.

14. Sue and Luci

Aren't you in the vet field?

15. Beck and Philly

Me? No. I'm a technical writer.

16. Sue and Luci

Ah, well my mistake...tech writer, sounds almost like vet tech...??? Well not exactly...oops...:oops:

Beck and Philly likes this.
  17. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I guess Philly was telling you today that you really should have reduced on the 13th when he went below 68. Even for newly diagnosed cats on TR (much less SLGS), you should reduce when the dose takes him that low.

Paws crosses he holds the reduction this time. There is no concept of "failed reduction" within SLGS. You wait 7 days at the new dose and see how he does. TR is a more aggressive dosing method - Philly will still get there in time with patience, by following SLGS.