8/2 Cosmo AMPS 472, +3 405, +4 349, +7 364, +9 443 PMPS 504

Discussion in 'Lantus / Basaglar (glargine) and Levemir (detemir)' started by thebigfuzz, Aug 2, 2020 at 12:36 PM.

1. thebigfuzz

thebigfuzz Member

SaraW1983 likes this.
  2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Given the amount you test, his numbers, and tomorrow off on holiday, I might increase tomorrow. I'd actually try 3.0 units. It'd be a safe increase. It's not per SLGS, but he really has to get out of red/black. I think that gastro food is really messing with his numbers - I know it's what he needs, you just need to increase to compensate.

How is Cosmo feeling today?

thebigfuzz likes this.
  3. thebigfuzz

thebigfuzz Member

I was wondering if we should go up to 3 units. He just tested 405 at +3, maybe today is the day to get into a pink?

He is feeling good - eating really well (maybe gained a few ounces?) drinking, purring and being a super funny rascal during test time. He just had a brush and is feeling handsome :) Good, soft, regular BMs each day.

His neuropathy and walking isn't great still, for obvious reasons, coupled with bad arthritis, he walks when necessary (food, water, litter box) but not for fun. I wish he was more active to burn off some sugar. He hobbles around and takes a break half way. Poor guy.

No day off tomorrow for me :arghh: but I do have Tuesday off.

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Good Cosmo report.:) They are more than their numbers. Getting him into better numbers will help the neuropathy.

OK, maybe you do wait until Tuesday for that increase then.

5. thebigfuzz

thebigfuzz Member

Thanks!

He just had some outdoor leash time checked out his favorite grass patches and back inside for a snack :)

I might try an extra test at 130pm to see if he is close to nadir... I really want to catch a sub 400 test today!

6. thebigfuzz

thebigfuzz Member

Ohhh boy!!! And there it is! a 349 for Cosmo! :p

tiffmaxee likes this.
  7. thebigfuzz

thebigfuzz Member

Yay for 364 at +7! (celebrate the small wins right?)

8. thebigfuzz

thebigfuzz Member

Felt like an actual curve today... Cosmo is doing great today!