8/20 Off Topic.... getting dog back today

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by rhiannon and shadow (GA), Aug 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

A few of you might remember all the troubles we had back in 2014....
    so small update.... my mother died, daughter left, grandmother had stroke

My dd had moved out the moment she turned 18 ( before finishing high school) with a huge exclamation point.
    She got married within a week.
    Her dh was sorta trying to get her to shun us, and she did for a while. But we've been slowly making our way back. After all, we are her people.

well.... this weekend... she and her husband decided to divorce.
    Of course, we will help her move and resettle....and support her. She's 20 1/2. She has their 2 cats and I hope
    she doesn't decide to give them up.

She had one of our dogs ( gypsy, the sheltie) and we will be getting her back....

We realized last night that 3 of the kitties here.... haven't met gypsy.... so this should be fun....
    hope no one gets upset...
    gypsy is pretty sweet but she's bigger so that might spook them.
    I should try to get a picture or two of that ....

I think my dgm has had another stroke which could be a blessing. She's so miserable out at the nursing home. If she makes it to Oct, she'll turn 93.
    She was very out of sorts yesterday and had apparently had a really bad day on Sunday, almost like
    temper tantrums. I wasn't even sure she recognized me yesterday, she didn't care that I was there.
    I'll go again today.

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

3. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

Hugs and hugs and more hugs Rhiannon....thoughts and prayers too....

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending prayers for you and your family. I hope Gypsy integrates with the cats okay.

5. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about the turmoil. I was a rotten teenager putting my mother through way too much. One day I snapped out of it and have turned out pretty good...thanks to my mom never giving up but letting go when needed. Sending prayers for your dgm and hope Gypsy is ok with the kitts.

6. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Many hugs and prayers....especially for your grandma.

7. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I hope you have close friends nearby who are a strong source of support. You've got a lot on your plate. Let us know if there's anything we can do.

8. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

someone come have lunch with me.....:joyful::joyful::rolleyes::rolleyes:

9. carfurby (GA)

I wish I lived closer so I could. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

10. Tuxedo Mom

Tuxedo Mom Well-Known Member

Rhiannon

So much on your plate. Sending many prayers, hugs and strength vines for you.

:bighug: :bighug: :bighug:

11. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

Looking into plane tickets....;)

I've gotten the impression that your relationship with your DD has improved, despite her DH (using the alternative to "Dear") lately? I hope that is the case. She'll need you more than ever.

Didn't you have their cats at your house for a while? Was that before you got your own? Perhaps they can come, too (what's two more, right? :rolleyes:)? Just tell your cats that Gypsy is an overgrown kitty with developmental disabilities. Maybe they'll feel sorry for her. :p

Sending much light and mega vines for your DGM. I know that's been hard on you, too.

Remember, you have a large family here to lean on.

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

12. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Let's have a virtual lunch. Would you like a peanut butter sandwich?:)

((((Rhiannon)))), many prayers for your grandma.
    I hope all will work out for your DD, the kitties, and the drooler.
    Hang in there!

Hugs and scritches,

Ella & Rusty

13. Peg and Toby

Peg and Toby Well-Known Member

Sending Hugs and Prayers to you and your family.:bighug::bighug::bighug:

14. Jeannie & Cairo

Jeannie & Cairo Member

Oh my! (((Hugs))) to you. You definitely deserve some type of relaxation time!

15. Kathy and TiTi

Kathy and TiTi Well-Known Member

What a hard time for you. They say, whatever does not kill you makes you stronger. I have my doubts about that, but let it be so for you!
    :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:Healing energy for you and yours.:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

and hugs

16. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Lots of vines for the upcoming transitions. A Sheltie can't be too much bigger than a cat?
    Liz

17. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

18. Marilyn and Polly

Marilyn and Polly Well-Known Member

That's a lot of "happenings" to deal with and sort out. Lots of vines that you include yourself in all those you will be caring for!

I'll join you and Ella for the virtual lunch. Peanut butter sandwich. My usual. How 'bout I throw in some strawberry jam for a little treat!

Hugs, lady. Lots of them. We're here. And we listen pretty well!

Marilyn and Polly

19. Gussie's mom (GA)

Gussie's mom (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi, sending lots of hugs. I too gave my mother too many grey hairs for too many years. I moved out the weekend I graduated from HS into the only part of town I could afford. Definitely not uptown.. She quit talking to me and only got back in touch when my dad was diagnosed with terminal cancer. We patched things up after she was widowed and when she developed Alzheimer's the only gift of that disease was it erased our tumultuous years from her memory. That you can be there for your daughter now when she needs you is a gift. It sounds like you let her go and now are there to help catch her fall. That is an incredible gift of love you are giving her.the hindsight my aging has given me has opened my eyes to the gifts given by my mother, I hope she will do the same. I can only imagine how this impacts your life, but admire the willingness to open your arms and your life to her.:bighug::bighug::bighug:

20. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

So sorry you had to go through such tough times. Some day your daughter will recognize how lucky she is that you were there to see her through all of this! I'm glad you and she are getting closer, again. Sending healing light for your grandmother. Prayers for all of you! :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

I'm down for the virtual lunch! Don't care much for peanut butter, so I'll have chicken salad, yummy. :)

Hope Gypsy integrates well back into your household!:bighug::bighug::bighug:

21. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Sending lots of hugs and virtual support your way. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

I'll add pear pie to the lunch dessert.

22. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

Gypsy is big in the sheltie realm....but she's a pretty pretty girl....
    i will, of course, let her hair grow back out....

she was only about 1 year old in this picture....
    [​IMG]

DD called while I was making dinner.....
    her soon to be ex had taken Gypsy back to albuquerque ( where she is) and left her at their apartment.
    He was too intimidated to bring her over to us, like we would do or say something towards him.
    So we will get her this weekend.

Gypsy was used to Shadow.... and Shadow was the alpha.... Shadow would just wave her little paw ( like a fist) to scold the dogs if they
    were told they were bad for any reason.....
    I loved my Shadow back up....She chased Gypsy around the couches so many times..... trying to help scold her.....

so the reaction is more how these kitties will feel about Gypsy....
    They've gotten used to Luna....but Luna is half the size of gypsy.....

Thanks for the virtual lunch....
    I had a BLT instead... I shouldn't eat peanut butter.... not fatally allergic but allergic nonetheless. My tummy reacts like a hot air balloon ....super swollen if I eat peanuts..... which is really really uncomfortable on an airplane...... dontchaknow?

Oh Yes... I've waited a very long two years to be back in my DD's good graces, walking on eggshells....
    and keeping my foot in my mouth ....
    we knew it was partly a matter of her growing up but she still has miles to go in that regard, we just love her, support her and wait.....

Thank you everyone......

23. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

24. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending you lots of hugs :bighug::bighug:

25. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

26. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about you DGM and you DD and how wonderful that you love her unconditionally. Sounds like you will have a lot going on in your house for a while.

The best for introductions for the kitties would be a slow process. Whenever I brought a new kitty into the house, I put the new kitty in a crate in the middle of the family room for my old cat to smell and be curious about and they could sniff each other. I did that for about 4-5 days and then let the new cat out while I supervised. It always worked for me.

27. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

hugs and vines for all :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

28. Rachel & Chyna (GA)

Rachel & Chyna (GA) Well-Known Member

Good luck with the dog intro. I hope they all get along:). I'm sure they will make friends! I'm so sorry for all your heartache and that your dgm is doing poorly, Rhiannon. I'm glad you will be able to have your DD close again, I hope she will help recreate the bond of closeness and love. Prayers and hugs:bighug::bighug::bighug:

29. suki & crystal (GA)

suki & crystal (GA) Well-Known Member

Vines and prayers for your new relationship with your DD Rhiannon, been a long time coming. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

30. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

trying to help daughter....

dissolution of marriage with no children.....

seems to be only one form.... no joint property.... filing herself.....
    everything is getting separated already.....

any one have experience

Squalliesmom likes this.
  31. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

OH MY GOSH! What a STUNNING beauty Gypsy is! I've had to scroll back and just look at her while I grinned like a mad woman. I have an extra soft place for Shelties and the merle colors just make me drool.

32. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

I think a lot depends on what state she lives in. I know in my state you have to be separated - defined as living apart - for a year before you can be granted a divorce. Having no children and no joint property helps simplify things, especially if it's uncontested. If he contests it or she plans on asking for alimony that could make it more difficult, make it lengthier.

33. Suzi_S

Suzi_S Well-Known Member

No legal advice but I remember I was a huge hellion to my mom. For many years. It was really after my son was grown and out of the house we formed a super close relationship.

34. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Is an annulment possible?

35. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

This link may help to familiarize you with the process for divorce in New Mexico.

36. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

My son and his ex-wife did there divorce on line for a reasonable amount and their situation was the same, no property and no children.

37. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

we did look online.....
    no alimony... they are just walking away from each other....she's already taken her money from their joint account and removed herself from the account. They are working on the two car loans before filing the divorce paper work so that there is no financial overlaps....trying to make it as simple for the paperwork as possible.

Her former best friend ( currently in Missouri) is going to come be her roommate until at least December.....so she doesn't have to move right away.
    This one is like a second daughter ( we love Danae) so already my dd is acting like her pre-married self more and more. Sigh!!!

We are taking dd's old twin bed to the apartment for Danae and picking up Gypsy.....
    and having a nice lunch....

Oh... and my uncle's surgery was yesterday.... there were 3 tumors.... one larger than they expected and it was more entrenched into the muscle wall.....
    we might know by monday what kind of cancer it is.... the doctor thinks he got it all.....

38. carfurby (GA)

I hope things work out with divorce and go smoothly. Nice that Danae can stay with your DD. I'm glad they think they got all the tumors. I hope the cancer is gone. Sending prayers.

39. Marilyn and Polly

Marilyn and Polly Well-Known Member

Gypsy is beautiful. I'm sure the cats will quickly discover she's a wimp! Unless she tried to herd them!

All sorts of vines, Rhiannon, during this time of change.
    Unconditional love. What a lucky woman your daughter is. And someday, she'll know it.

Marilyn and Polly

40. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

home....
    gypsy remembers everything... as expected.... other dog, Luna happy to have her....
    phantom is stalking her from the couch top and table tops extremely curious....
    maia hisses and stays out of the way....
    amale had met her before...

and Keora ( the cautious) is staying in the bedroom as expected..... she'll figure out that Gypsy doesn't care....
    as long as they don't beat up on her.....

41. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm sure I remember when you had Gypsy before. I remember her photo. Was she the one who stole the mince from the counter?

42. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

she has stolen food off the counter.....got a raw steak once....
    and while she was with my dd.... one of the cats has stolen raw steak too....
    i have to thaw it out in a safer place now....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.