8/22 Newman AMPS 243 shot 2.0, 86 @ +4, 68 @ 4.5, 86 @+5

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Linda and Newman, Aug 22, 2022.

1. Linda and Newman

Linda and Newman Member

FrostD likes this.
  2. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

3. Linda and Newman

Linda and Newman Member

No, but I did give him a couple Temptations, something that he usually does not get.

He went under the bed. Do you think I should offer him some MC food or just his usual LC?

4. Suzanne & Darcy

I would have given some LC normally. But if I really thought that I would not be able to get a hold of him again, I would give MC

5. Linda and Newman

Linda and Newman Member

Test at +4.5 got 68. I gave him some HC

ETA: 86 @+5. I will test again at +5.5 if I can get a hold of him.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2022
    Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  6. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Well *I* am happy to see green but I'm sure youre not! I'd have done same thing. Guess he wants a reduction!

7. Suzanne & Darcy

I have to just wonder why he went so low today. I hope you can test again or at least get him to come out for some treats/ snacks. I can’t even imagine how nerve wracking that is when this happens and he goes out of reach! I’d probably be passing out the candy at this point. Lol!

8. Linda and Newman

Linda and Newman Member

As I entered on the SS, I decided to shoot 1.5 since he went so low today (68) and my inability to test overnight. I will get a test at bedtime.

I'm thinking about tomorrow as I have a special circumstance to consider and would like input.

Tomorrow a lady is coming to the house to do some cleaning for me. I have talked to her on the phone, but otherwise I do not know her. She likes cats and dogs. I will be able to get the fasting BG when we get up and the morning should be routine. She is expected here at 10:00 so I anticipate the cats to be scarce while she is here and I can't imagine that Newman will relax for me to test him. Not saying I won't try, but planning on failure.

Question, how do I figure what to shoot?

@FrostD
    @Suzanne & Darcy

9. Suzanne & Darcy

Depending on how he does tonight, I would consider shooting 1.5 tomorrow as well.

FrostD and Linda and Newman like this.
  10. Suzanne & Darcy

Hi Linda. Hadn't heard from you for a while and I just thought I would check in. I didn't think you were going to keep him at the 1.5 unit dose -- just on the day you had a cleaning lady come in? He's been running quite a bit higher on this 1.5 dose than we would like to see. Hope all else has been well for the remainder of the week. You've gotten a lot of good tests in the spreadsheet during the day.

11. Linda and Newman

Linda and Newman Member

I have been wondering if it was okay to increase but thinking I was supposed to stay with the 1.5, once I made the reduction to that, for at least 5 cycles.

I will increase with tomorrow's AM dose and plan to shoot 1.75.

Thanks for checking in.

12. Suzanne & Darcy

Hi. I’m sorry about this. No reason to hold that reduced dose. The reduced dose was because of a low preshot the first time, as I recall and the next day you had a stranger coming in - so I suggested a reduction for just that day when it was unlikely you would be able to test.

Linda and Newman likes this.
  13. Linda and Newman

Linda and Newman Member

Not to worry, my mistake. We will be back on track tomorrow.

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  14. Suzanne & Darcy

At least we can see that 1.5 is definitely too little insulin for him.

Linda and Newman likes this.