8/24 Kitty's last BG 104

Discussion in 'Honeymooners / OTJ' started by Kathy and Kitty, Aug 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

Not super. :YMSIGH: He had barfed twice that morning, though. Food issues.

I'd been trying to get him to all Evo95%, but he just wasn't with the program. We went to FF, then I had second thoughts and added a little Evo after several days... and voila, barfus. I'm sure that's why the blue. Right??

Now I truly won't breathe during the next test!

2. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm sure Kitty is okay. It's just the change in food and barfing, and 104 bg is still not bad. Every kitty on OTJ has a higher bg every once in a while. Maggie has had a high bg since being OTJ, and it's because I tested too soon after eating. How long did you wait after Kitty ate to test?

3. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

Thanks, Ann. I'm happy to get reassurance! It's hard to say when he had eaten -- he ate that morning, but he barfed too.

I'm sure it's the barfing. Gotta be. Yes, sir. :roll:

Of course, the only way to know is to re-test -- and I'm too nervous! Will test again at the end of the week.

4. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad you feel relieved. It's exactly what happened with Maggie when I got a higher than normal bg. I had lost track of when I fed her. When I did a test a few hours later after she ate, her bg was normal; so I breathed a sigh of relief. Have a nice day

5. drjsiems

drjsiems Member

Kathy and Kitty,

104 is still a good number. I have always been told, though, that the best time to get the best number (to tell that the pancreas is working by the insulin kicking in) is about 3 or 4 hours after eating a significant amount of food). Accordingly, when I test Jake it is always very close to the same time each time and has been resulting in somewhere in the 50s or 60s. I use OneTouch Ultra mini because I believe it to be pretty accurate and reliable. Whenever I test Jake, I always do a back up on the Alphatrak (since I still have some of those strips). There typically is only a 10 to 15 point difference between the meters with the OneTouch being a bit lower. But I think that the AlphaTrak tends to run a little high according to some anecdotal reporting. What I am saying is that when I run out of those strips, I will feel very comfortable just using the OneTouch. I made the change of meters because of the difficulty in getting the AlphaTrak strips. There has been much controversy over the accuracy of home meters - I find the OneTouch Ultra Mini to be pretty accurate - just for everyone's information.

Judy & Jake

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.