8/28 - Shakespeare

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by dmartini4, Aug 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmartini4

dmartini4 Well-Known Member

Morning Everyone,
    Hope all is well out there is LL.
    Sorry again for our being so absent
    If I am not working on I trying to catch up on life! (chores!)
    Shakes last week was not giving me great numbers, I ran home last Friday at
    noon to check on him.
    His amps was 213
    +6 460
    PMPS was 323(around there..)
    to me that was an inverted curve so I dropped to 2.5 and he came down that night
    and had a wonderful
    day on Saturday, so I will hold the 2.5 for now.
    I had to move his time for now to later so I can not post his AMPS as I will be shooting and running out
    the door to work.
    Hope all stays well and everyone has a great day with great numbers!

2. Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor

Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor Well-Known Member

Hi Denise, nice to see a condo from you and Shakespeare!

Here is Shakespeare's 20th August Condo for you.

Just keep updating us whenever you can - we love to see how Shakes is doing, and of course how YOU are!

Good luck with the 2.5u dose! A few thoughts on that, if you'll permit me to share:

It's possible that what you saw on the 24th was a result of a lower dip that you just didn't catch via testing (rather than an inverted curve). Keep in mind that inverted curves - just to keep it interesting :lol: - can be sign for too *little* insulin (not only too *much* insulin). The lovely blues you saw after reducing to 2.5u may also be due to the residual effects of the well-filled shed. I hope that makes sense to you. If it doesn't just let me know and I'll try to explain.

If that is the case (that Shakes wasn't trying to ask for a reduction), you may not see the improvement you're hoping for on the 2.5u dose. So if that happens, don't get too discouraged, and just go ahead and take him back up to 2.75u and see if he'll give you some more of thos nice blue BGs! Just post any time you want some feedback, ok?

[​IMG]

Thanks for visiting Karre's Caturday condo! (Sorry about the spider pics - any *other* animals pics you'd like me to post from my African adventures? To make upo for the icky ones :mrgreen:)
    Hugs,
    Jane

3. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

I can see how hectic things are for you - you have jumped into tomorrow already :lol:

Hope you're having a great day and get some time to relax a bit soon :smile:

4. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

I didn't even notice the date ;-)

Good Morning, Denise.
    Its always nice to see a Shakespeare condo.
    Good luck with the dose. I hope you have a lovely day, but don't work too hard.

5. donnahc

donnahc Well-Known Member

Hey Denise:
    Nice to see you here. I understand crazy busy. We have it too and it’s hard to keep up sometimes. One step at a time, we’ll get there!
    (((((hugs)))))
    :YMHUG:

6. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

Hope Shakespeare has a good day for you lets see some blue for your Bean :D

7. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

Hi guys .. We understand life get's hectic so we are always happy to see a condo when you have the time to post! I hope this dose brings out nice numbers for shakespeare .. have a great day guys!

8. Grayson & Lu

Grayson & Lu Well-Known Member

Hey Denise -

The change to Lev seems to have "done him good" - far fewer red preshots than before! What a nice change, huh? I've gotten to the point that I'm a little bummed at pinks! Imagine that!!!

Hope things settle in some in your world. Seems like there's always something going on... but we'll get through it all! Grayson sends his best!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.