8/29 Kitty tested 93 -- phew

Discussion in 'Honeymooners / OTJ' started by Kathy and Kitty, Aug 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

Last test was 104. I was a little worried! VERY VERY happy to see a two-digit result today.

The WCR is not great. I removed the Evo from his diet, because he just didn't like it. But the minute he went back on all FF, he started walking more slowly, played less. Maybe there's some additive in the new FF formula (new as of last year).

He's rejected Wellness, Cowboy Cookout, Sohisticat -- and I don't think 9 Lives is an improvement in his diet. So we'll give By Nature a try.

2. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Kathy,
    My Maggie stopped eating the Salmon FF after they changed the label. I wondered, too, what they added to it. Good luck with the Nature brand. Maggie likes the Chopped Grill Sophisticat, but if I forget to add some chicken dust, I get this look/stare from her until I add it.

3. Kathy and Kitty

This morning I got a dirty look in return for the By Nature! I'll persist.

But also... I was reminded in another condo that Evo makes a beef flavor. Kitty used to love beef, but when FF changed their formula, Tender Beef raised his numbers. People commnted about beef being a problm more generally, and I began offering only chicken.

Since the goal is to give Kitty a better food brand, I may pick up Evo beef. Maybe that strategy will both improve the quality and the deliciousness of his diet! :mrgreen: I will report back on this great experiment. :D

4. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Good luck with Kitty and the Evo brand. We will be waiting to hear the verdict from Kitty! Did Kitty not like any of the Sophisticat flavors?

5. Kathy and Kitty

He didn't like Sophisticat. Or Wellness. Or Cowboy Cookout. :roll:

And I got a small barf in response to a little bit of By Nature. cat(2)_steam

I've just bought some Wellness beef + chicken.

I fed him some old-formula FF after his barf (on hand thanks to Amy & Six), and he loved it. So he's just being particular.

And now I need to figure out how to introduce the Dasuquin, which arrived today! one thing at a time, I think.

6. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

I
    Hi Kathy,
    I was going to ask where you found the old FF, but now I see you saved it, as I understand. I have a lot of FF my cat wouldn't eat; I think I will just save it for a while.

7. housecats4

housecats4 Well-Known Member

What the heck did they do to FF put the price up and load it with crap our cats will not eat ?????Kath

8. Kathy and Kitty

Kath -- I don't know if you were feeding FF before the Switch (the one they claim didn't happen), when they changed the label. The food is so different -- the consistency, the smell. I hate that I can't get him to eat something better for him.

You know how everyone here talks about dry food as having "kitty crack"? My bet is that they put the same thing into the soft food, to make the cats gets addicted. :roll:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.