? 8/29 Nelson amps 99, +3 108, +4 82, +5 68, +6 46, +6.5 86

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Nelson and Taz, Aug 29, 2020.

1. Nelson and Taz

Nelson and Taz Member

Hi guys.
    First, can you guys check my spreadsheet, I can't see today's numbers on the US version only on the world version that I use and it's the 30th here.
    Second, we are getting more blue numbers but he is still asking for a reduction. Chris mentioned yesterday missing a dose or a one off reduced dose to let the depot drain a little if he went low last night but he waited until this morning instead lol.
    I've been so impressed with all the green I don't want him to go high again. I guess it's impossible to predict what will happen. What do you all think?
    Thanks Taz

thebigfuzz likes this.
  2. Nelson and Taz

Nelson and Taz Member

Is this just the same bouncy effect you get when you increase?

3. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

He does need that reduction. JMHO.

Nelson and Taz likes this.
  4. thebigfuzz

thebigfuzz Well-Known Member

I'll leave the advice on the one time reduced dose to drain the depot to more experienced eyes - but it does sound reasonable. Nelson did earn another reduction outside of that today too.

Very happy to see Nelson doing so well!

5. Nelson and Taz

Nelson and Taz Member

Thank you. You know he cries for food when he hits 2.6mmol, like clock work, so I trust Cosmo might do the same and go feed himself if he gets low. They're intuitive little buggers

thebigfuzz likes this.
  6. tiffmaxee

With the depot drained are you going to go back up in the morning? I would see what’s up in the morning.

7. Nelson and Taz

Nelson and Taz Member

I'm thinking of missing tonight's shot ( that's 2.5 hours away) or giving him 1 unit and because he earnt another reduction today I'd give 2.75 units tomorrow morning. How's that sound to you?

8. tiffmaxee

Back to back reductions usually are successful. The higher depot is in play. I wouldn’t reduce to 2.75. I can see shooting 1unit to drain the depot. I would not go down to 2.75. See where you are at shot time.

9. Nelson and Taz

Nelson and Taz Member

Ok so I've given Nelson 1 unit tonight. Not sure what dose to give in morning. I'm a tad exhausted.

10. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

FYI - the one time reduced dose thing is more for cats on larger doses, and thus larger depots. The larger depot influences 4-6 cycles after a reduction. Thus the 3.5 unit depot would have been influencing yesterday and today. Not sure he even should go as low as 3.0 units.

Here is the link to yesterday's post: https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...-95-6-52-7-88-pmps-68-scary-territory.234270/
    We ask that you include those links so we can easily go back and see what was said before.

11. Nelson and Taz

Nelson and Taz Member

Ok but doesn't that contradict the earned reductions? I really want to do what is best for him but how long do we keep letting him go under 50?
    Tia

12. Nelson and Taz

Nelson and Taz Member

@Wendy&Neko I think this is what I asked in the previous post that you included and thank you for bringing it back to my attention that a shot 2-3 days ago is still influencing today's play. I also mentioned how we don't really know what his body wants and it's more dangerous than going up. I'm still unsure what dose to give tomorrow but we are seeing blues and higher than before but still pale green. The 3 units hasn't been in play long enough to know it's effect, yes?
    So have I understood where you are coming from?

13. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

During the AM on the 29th at 3.25 units - the 3.5 unit depot was mostly controlling what happened during the cycle. He had already showed you 3.5 units was too much. The 3.5 depot could also have been influencing the cycle on the 30th. The 3.25 unit dose was not given a chance to show what it can do. You can try 3.0 units if you want. If you do, be patient because the much reduced dose last night will mean you have to wait for the depot to rebuild again.

By the way, if the spreadsheet continues to not show the US data for the next day, let us know. If you know spreadsheets I can help you do it, or maybe help you anyway with that.

14. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

your kitty looks like my Dre:cat:
    I used to dose Dre aggressively but he dropped into hypo territory too many times and at his age it was really hard on him and me. Trust your gut you know him best:bighug:

15. Nelson and Taz

Nelson and Taz Member

Oh wow they are so similar.
    I'm lucky my boy handles the lows well. He becomes a little unsettled and screams at me until I feed him. I can't go anywhere when he's like this though. I'm a complete shut in at the moment lol
    The things we do.

16. tiffmaxee

So many days you are up most of the night and testing all day. Take care of yourself. I was afraid to leave before +5-7 during the day and didn’t get to stop before +7-8 but you have me beat.