8/31 New food regimen for Kitty

Discussion in 'Honeymooners / OTJ' started by Kathy and Kitty, Aug 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

I started the Dasuquin today, and since I really want to make a transition away from FF, I decided to add in the new Wellness Beef + Chicken too. I figured, why not get all the new tastes in there at once? (Why? Because he may reject both of them! :lol: )

I'm adding lots of chicken dust. He seems to be willing to eat the food, as long as there's plenty of chicken dust.

We'll see how long this lasts. But he did play tonight. That's a good omen!

2. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Good luck Kathy with both the Dasuquin and Wellness. Let me know what Kitty thinks of the Wellness. Now don't forget the chicken dust or you will get "that look" :sad: from Kitty reminding you. :lol:

3. Kathy and Kitty

Thanks, Ann. The new regimen lasted about 8 hours, which is what it took for the Wellness to cause a big ol' barf session. :sad:

I probably shouldn't be scared off by that. I know that Wellness and Evo both have higher fat content, and they can upset tummies at first. But I just can't stand to feed him something he doesn't like or tha makes him unwell. The point is for him to enjoy his food and feel good. :YMSIGH:

I'm continuing the Dasuquin in his usual FF. Oh, and the chicken dust. LOTS of chicken dust!! :mrgreen:

To paraphrase Huey Lewis & The News: I want a new food. One that won't make him sick!

4. housecats4

housecats4 Well-Known Member

Heres getting a new food that is good for the tummy Hugss andels and healing green light coming to help Kath

5. Kathy and Kitty

I guess I should add that Kitty has thrown up on two different days with big hairballs. Ick. Poor kitty. :? But he has a lot of fur, and it is the end of the summer, so I guess he's shedding.

maybe I should prowl on health... when do you start giving hairball medicine? Or is it good that they cough them up?

6. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Hi Kathy,
    What a coincidence with throwing up hairballs! I was just feeding my neighbor's cat while she's in the hospital, and I found a long skinny hairball with barf on the floor. :eek: Her poor kitty must have had a time barfing it up! Let me know if you find a good hairball remedy. Her cat isn't diabetic, so she may be able to buy something at a pet store, but with sugar kitties, it's different. Health forum should have some ideas. Sorry to hear Kitty did not like the Wellness.

7. Kathy and Kitty

Kitty seemed to have so little energy this weekend. I was worried. I stopped the Dasuquin, and he seemed better within 12 hours.

He'll be seeing the vet next week. Maybe it's time for Adequan. :YMSIGH:

8. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

I'm sorry to hear Kitty was out of sync over the weekend. It does sound like it was the Dasuquin. Is this for arthritis? My GA kitty was taking Cosequin. Is that a similar med to the Dasuquin or Adequan? I hope Kitty gets a good Vet report.

9. Kathy and Kitty

Thanks, Ann. Yes, Dasuquin is supposed to be the newer and better upgrade of Cosequin. Kitty tolerated Cosequin (meaning, he ate the food, but he let me know he'd prefer it straight!), but it didn't seem to do a lot of good.

Adequan is a serious arthritis med. My vet didn't want to give it, because she has only used it in dogs. But my little guy needs some help here. I had such high hopes for the Dasuquin. :?

10. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

I hope your Vet lets Kitty try the Adequan. Is your Vet worried about its side effects or just the fact she hasn't used it in cats? I hope Kitty soon gets some help. I know it must be hard to see him not feeling well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.