8/5 Lucky AMPS 397

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by allison snyder, Aug 5, 2020.

1. allison snyder

allison snyder Member

Hi,

Lucky has been on Lantus for almost a week. I’ll be doing his curve tomorrow and I am home testing. After diagnosis, I found this wonderful board and changed his diet to FF pate for 2 weeks before starting insulin and checking BG as if he was already on insulin. His numbers were anywhere between low 200’s and highest at 318. Since, being on Lantus his numbers have not really come down and he had 2 PMPS close to 400. He is on 1 unit 2x a day. Fasting before shots. I’m pretty sure I’m shooting the insulin correctly, checking for any wet spots afterwards. Also, eating small meals throughout day and night. I’m wondering why his numbers have not come down after 6 days, they were better when not on insulin. He did have a blood panel to diagnose his diabetes. No, kidney disease, hypothyroidism etc...He just drank and peed a lot. I have a spreadsheet, I’m working on and will post after I do his curve tomorrow.

2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

If you can get your spreadsheet up and running we will be able to help you a lot. Without it we cant really help much as we need to see the BG data. If you are having trouble with the SS let us know and someone will help you with it