8/5 Mary AMPS 370, +7 300, PMPS 264, +4 299

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Lisa & Mary, Aug 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lisa & Mary

Lisa & Mary Member

Mary sends smoochies to everyone!

2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Re: 8/5 Mary AMPS 370

I'm glad you raised Mary's dose. It looks like you're due to get a ketone reading. I'd try to get readings once a day while her numbers are elevated. It's precautionary. It's way easier to intervene if you catch ketones early than if a hospitalization is needed.

3. Lisa & Mary

Lisa & Mary Member

I'm getting keytone readings every time she uses the litter box while I'm there but that isn't every day. I did get one last night and it was negative so that was good.

Mary is very sweet and cuddly and enjoying her weekend getting up late snuggling at the moment. She sends smoochies to everyone!

4. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

I'm glad Mary is enjoying her weekend snuggling ;-)
    Work that new juice Mary.

I could not tell what you raised the dose to or when, as there is no link to yesterday's condo and your ss stops at 07/31.

Here's the link to your condo from yesterday: http://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=76395

5. Lisa & Mary

Lisa & Mary Member

Oops I didn't realise I was so behind on Mary's spreadsheet but its up to date now.

After a morning of snuggling Mary did some sun bathing in her bed in the windowsill and played with her catnip toys.

6. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Thanks.

It looks like she is ready for an increase. With the DKA not too long ago, and a little inappetance recently, I think you should consider upping her dose a bit. What do you think?

7. Lisa & Mary

Lisa & Mary Member

Re: 8/5 Mary AMPS 370, +7 300, PMPS 264

She's got a great appetite, it's just that I'm transitioning her to raw food and when I made up the second batch I used chopped chicken thigh that she wasn't sure about. Once I mixed in half FF she is back to gobbling it down again so I'll gradually reduce the amount of FF .

I'll increase her dose to 2u tomorrow but am getting concerned I may be overdosing her as her glucose levels are no better than when she was on a half unit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.