8/5 Neko PMPS 308 +3 321 +4 250 - at Fort Collins

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Wendy&Neko, Aug 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Yesterday http://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=76438 was a nice day following the green the night before, then the night was when she started her delayed bounce.

8/4 Recap
    AMPS 271 +5 194
    PMPS 284 +3 410

The highlight of the morning before we left was that we had a BM in BM (Billings Montana). Neko was a champ again in the car today. She spent the morning trying out various spots in the car and the afternoon was mostly spent snoozing in her carrier (with the door open). We made a morning pit stop at Little Big Horn Battlefield (it was just off the highway and DH is a history battle buff). As soon as Neko figured we had stopped for a while, she whipped into the back trunk and used the LB :D

Neko has been very affectionate in the hotel (all of them) and actually quite playful. Last night she didn't sleep well, so neither did I. She wanted to sleep on my lap which makes it hard for me to sleep.

The rooms at the Homewood Suites are quite nice and a good place to spend several days. We've done the run to CSU to confirm how to get there and how long it will take. Tomorrow morning Neko gets 1/2 dose of insulin and she can't eat anything after midnight tonight, so she'll be getting an extra large dinner tonight. :D I sure hope she doesn't have anything interesting planned for tonight. :roll:

@Tracy - Neko's been quite quiet in the car. A surprise cause normally she serenades me when we go to the vet. It's 35 degrees C here today so yes it's warm. At least to this west coaster. I haven't found the Petco yet, but I found a Pet natural food store on the way in that I'm going to check out to see if I can get a couple days raw food for her - she prefers it.

@Lu-Ann, thanks for following. I'll say hello to the gang for you.

2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Re: 8/5 Neko AMPS 365 +5 222 PMPS 308 - at Fort Collins

It's great to hear you've arrived safe and sound. Good luck tomorrow!

3. Pip & Rupert

Pip & Rupert Well-Known Member

Good luck tomorrow! great to hear the updates and that the trip went well!!! I think Rupert is missing Neko, he's up on the red floor searching!! doh!!!

4. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update, Wendy. Paws crossed and we'll be thinking of you.
    Liz

5. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

i had a lightbulb moment a few minutes ago that you must be on your way to ft collins - and look, you're already here.

punkin & i will be cheering you guys on! i'm sure it will all go well - and hopefully, neko will let you sleep at night. :YMHUG:

6. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Wishing you guys the best! ! We will bethinking of you - so glad that you made it safely. I love it that Neko is such a good travel re. :D

7. Tracy & Leo

Tracy & Leo Well-Known Member

Woohoo for making it to Fort Collins!! And yay for staying at the homewood suites, I noticed a ton of cats and dogs there and it's nice to stay somewhere that welcomes kitties, plus ya just can't beat the complimentary breaky and supper too.

Good luck on Neko's first day. Lu and I waited all day for Leo and Grayson, from 8 until 530. It was a long day, hopefully you and DH will be brave enough to leave the hospital to go and sightsee.....I know I wasn't :oops:

Have a good night and eat lots and lots of fuds tonight Neko!!

8. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Re: 8/5 Neko PMPS 308 +3 321 - at Fort Collins

+3 321 Looks like Neko might be rising, just as well since I can't carb her past +4 tonight.

@Sienne - thanks, it's all very exciting but at least I'm a bit nervous too.

@Pip - another horsie viewing day for us, but Montana is prettier. Neko might be searching for Rupert yet.

@Liz - thanks for looking in. Hope the medical appointment goes well in your house too.

@Julie - three long days but we made it. I think we'll be doing three instead of two going back. Too hard on all of us. So far it looks like I won't have to sleep test tonight. Yeah!

@Michelle - traffic was pretty light once we got out of Washington state! Today was lots of LONG STRAIGHT roads. You could see where you were going way in advance. It made for easy driving. And Neko did her part too. What a trooper.

@Tracy - our first appointment isn't until 9:30 tomorrow and then 8AM the days following. We'll try to do other things while we are waiting. Neko has so far had about 1/3 of her breakfast early and will get another 1/3 just before midnight. She's OK with that. :D

9. Grayson & Lu

Grayson & Lu Well-Known Member

By now you're probably close to getting her back. And she'll be terribly groggy - hopefully she didn't get a dose of jumping beans like Grayson did! flip_cat If you've made it through the first day, the hardest part is over! It was for me, at least! Not only a long day, but the questions of "Did you really see a tumor" when everything up to that point was purely a leap of faith and some indicators.

Wishing you all the best while there. I'm so happy that you were able to take the bull by the horns and suddenly be there. It took me 2 months to get to a point where I could go!

The Petco is on College St, just a few blocks north of the vet school. It will be on the west side of the street. I also found the store you mentioned. That's where I bought a REAL litter box (cardboard tray w/ trash bag liner for the airport!). They didn't carry FF. Likewise, if you go past a Target, they've got FF for $.55 - but the Petco was really convenient for me!

Keep us updated - anxious to hear Neko's progress (and tumor size, as you know it's a competition!) :lol: :lol:

10. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Sending Day 1 SRT vines your way!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.