8/6 Maggie's at the Bridge

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Ann & Maggie11 (GA), Aug 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

8/5 Maggie

Some very sad news, and I'm at a loss for the right words. Maggie passed away at home yesterday early evening. As a good friend said to me, Mags took the decision out of my hands, wanting to be in her own home and near me. I was able to stroke and comfort her. Yesterday she just did not look or feel good. I had a talk with Maggie and told her it's okay to leave, I'm okay, and I don't want you to suffer. She took my words to heart. I've spent these last several days staying very close to Mags since taking a turn for the worse last Friday. This happened so fast yesterday. Her little body was so tired with all that was happening. She was also fighting an infection. No more shots, pills or pokes, Maggie. Now you can run free chasing butterflies, having parties, and we will meet again.

Maggie was and is an amazing kitty. She's amazing in just the way she found her way to my apartment some 14 years ago. Maggie is at peace now and pain free and waiting at the Bridge for her friends and big bro to help her cross over. No more shots, pokes, pills or syringe feeding. Now you can run free chasing butterflies with your big bro, Mikey, and friends.

Thanks for all the support of love, hugs, healing vines, poo vines, , firm it up poo vines, you name it vines. Also, many thanks to Detective Poo and Chiev Inspector Crapdash for their diligent reporting in on Mags. :D I could have not done this without all of your support. You are an amazing group, and I intend on visiting and offering support. I'll check back later.

2. Melissa & Tarragon

Melissa & Tarragon Well-Known Member

Oh my Ann. ((((HUGS)))) Fly free sweet sweet Maggie and land softly. Big tears falling in Tulsa. Maggie loved you and knew that you did everything you could for her. You were a great bean Ann. Maggie did it on her terms and wanted to be at home with you. She is now at the bridge and all of the GA's are welcoming her and will take care of her. We are all here for you Ann.

Attached Files:

3. Cleo & Jane (GA)

Cleo & Jane (GA) Well-Known Member

((((Ann)))) I am glad Maggie got to spend her last hours with love around her in the comfort of her home. Hugs to you. Jane & Cleo

4. KarensPoe

KarensPoe Member

:cry:

I am soooo very very sorry to hear this. Mags was a trooper...and her bean was amazing too. I am glad to hear that her passing was peaceful as you loved her and held her as she made her way to the Bridge.

Many many hugs and prayers to you. :YMHUG: wings_cat

5. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Angela & Blackie & 3 Others Well-Known Member

{{{{{{{{{{ANN}}}}}}}}}} I'm so very sorry to hear about this sad news. You did everything you could for Miss Maggie, and I know that she appreciated it very much. She will continue to live on through your memories of her. You, and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. {{{{{{{{{{ANN}}}}}}}}}}

6. ecurie

ecurie Well-Known Member

(((((Ann))))) i am so very sorry for your heart. You were so loving to tell Mags it was ok for her to leave her little body. She will always be with you in her perfect body. Fly Free and High sweet Maggie. Land softly and play.
    [​IMG]
    You are in my prayers every second. I send you all my love . mary

7. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

(((((Ann)))))

My eyes are filled with tears. I have no words that are even close to adequate. My thoughts are with you. Cats know and Maggie didn't want to leave until you let her know you'd be OK. She is the best of girls.

Fly free Maggie and land softly. There are many who we dearly love who will be at the Bridge to play with you until the time you are reunited with the one you love best.

[​IMG]

I love this fable of why we choose tears. I hope it brings some comfort.

8. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Sorry Ann.....cant talk now :cry:

9. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Our hearts are very heavy with hearing this news today, but we were all so very fortunate to be able to share in the joy of sweet little Maggie. You taught us the true meaning of the word "bean". Our prayers are with you, now and always.

10. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Michelle & Scrabble (GA) Well-Known Member

I am typing through tears. We have been friends since our kitties came on the board around the same time 3 years ago. Scrabble will be waiting for Maggie to cross along with so many others. I am happy that Maggie felt ok to leave and that she took the decision out of your hands. You went above and beyond for your sweet girl and she knew that! My heart breaks for your loss and I will pray for comfort for you to heal. Please know I am here for you and I have a great shoulder to cry on :). Take care and big hugs!! Fly free sweet Maggie you will be missed!!

11. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

((((ANN))))

the tears will flow here today, for sure. I am so very sorry.... there simply are not words. My prayers are with you, now and always.

I am glad though that Maggie went at the time of her choosing, he will, her choice. Somehow there is peace and comfort in that. I cannot think of a better bean that you. You have given so selflessly for her, always the best of care, and love. I admire you for your devotion to one fine kitty. We will all miss her. I will hope there s comfort for you in all the memories. She will never be far, always tucked away in a corner of your heart. Forever in all of our hearts.

Fly free Maggie, and land softly at the Bridge. Mannie will be there, waiting to great you.

Attached Files:

12. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

Ann, I am so very sorry to hear this. I am glad that Maggie was able to go on her own time and at her own home with you near her. Hugs.....
    Fly free, Maggie....many are at the bridge to great you so you are not alone.

13. Lkldcatlady

Lkldcatlady Well-Known Member

Ann, I'm so sorry for your loss, but I'm so happy that Maggie was able to go in the comfort of her home and with her mom by her side.

14. Tracy & Leo

Tracy & Leo Well-Known Member

((((((Ann)))))) I am so sorry to hear about Maggie. She was such a special girl, and always brought me joy to read her condos, because she was so docile and kind hearted. Maggie waited until she knew you would be ok and it was her choosing to leave. My heart aches for you and tears are flowing.

Fly free sweet Mags and land softly at the bridge. wings_cat

Tracy & Leo

15. macal

macal Member

So sorry it was Maggie's time to go. You added years to her life and gave her a wonderful caring home. She came to the right doorstep rb_icon

16. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Ann, I'm so sorry. I'm glad Maggie was able to be with you in her last moments surrounded by your love. She is free now and doesn't have to feel bad any more. Fly free sweet Maggie. :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: Sending hugs and prayers to you Ann.

17. Josie & Ripley (GA)

Josie & Ripley (GA) Well-Known Member

((((((Ann))))))
    I am so sorry. :cry:
    Maggie is so lucky to have had you as her mama ~ she chose you for a reason.

I'm thinking about you, Ann, and holding you in my heart.
    Fly free, sweetest Maggie. You are so very missed, and loved forever.

18. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

(((Ann)))
    I am so very sorry for your sudden loss. You were so in tune with your beloved Maggie. She knew that she was safe and loved and that it was OK for her to rest. I hope that your memories of happier times will give you strength and comfort in the days ahead. With my deepest condolences,
    Linda

19. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

((((((((((((((Ann))))))))))))))))) I am so sorry to hear of your loss of Maggie

Fly Free Maggie wings_cat rb_icon

20. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

:cry: I'm so sad to see this ..I wish I had knew the words to say to take away your pain .. Instead, I will just wrap you in a big hug (((Ann))) Fly Free Little One ..

21. Lauren&Tommy (GA)

Lauren&Tommy (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh Ann, I'm so very sorry to see this :cry: You were always a wonderful bean to Maggie! She is whole again and free from pain! Prayers and healing vines for your heart ((Ann)). Fly free beautiful girl and land oh so softly!

22. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh no! I am so very sorry. Fly free sweet girl. You are much loved and will be sorely missed.

Ann Bean!

No! No! No! This isn't fair! I was just teaching Mags how to fly my jet! She was getting real good at it too! She could fly real fast and swoop and sweep and dip and twirl. She laughed and told me that flying is way cool and she loved it up in the sky, being oh so high in the clouds and sunbeams and able to look down on everyone.

I am so sad that I lost my copilot, but she told me that she doesn't need a jet to soar high and wide, she can do it all on her own and I didn't know what she meant by that. Now I do. So, when you see a kitty flying high in the sky and you aren't sure who it is, listen for her to giggle cause that will be Miss Mags copilot extraordinaire!

Signed Maui the Magnificent, missing her copilot

23. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Dear ((((((Ann)))))),
    My heart fell when I saw Maggie's candle this morning. Such a wonderful kitty, and so attuned to her wonderful mamabean. I know how much you will miss her. Here in LL we grieve, but there is joy at the Bridge, because a dear friend has arrived. So many of Maggie's pals are surrounding her right now with love. There will be a scrumptious banquet tonight to welcome her., Chefs Mannie and Stu will create some of her favorite dishes and all our GAs will be there. Look to the heavens tonight: that warm glow is in honor of your special girl.
    Farewell Maggie. Fly free and send a message to your mamabean that all will be well until you meet again. Stay close by in your very special place in her heart.

In loving sympathy,

Ella & Edward, Rusty, and Stu (GA)

24. Pam & Hoot

Pam & Hoot Well-Known Member

(((((((Ann)))))))

I am soooo sorry to hear about Maggie :cry: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG:
    But so very glad she chose her own destiny...to be at home with you, the best Bean ever!!
    Fly Free Sweet Mags wings_cat You will be in GREAT company at the Bridge rb_icon

25. mariko

mariko Well-Known Member

(((((Ann)))))
    I am so very sorry for your loss of your sweet girl Maggie.
    She was a special kitty.
    I can't find words to say right now, so I am crying with you.
    I'm holding you in my heart. Fly free, Maggie.

26. TheBowHuntress

TheBowHuntress Well-Known Member

((((Ann)))) My heart is breaking for you, Ann. I'm so sorry and I didn't know she was so ill. What a sweet Maggie to take the decision into her own paws. She's watching you now and there with you. You're in my prayers <3

27. Tena and Curry(GA)

Tena and Curry(GA) Well-Known Member

(((Ann)))

My heart is heavy and tears are freely flowwing for "our" dear, dear Maggie. I feel like she was one of my own. You and Maggie taught me so much over the past few years. And I'll never all the posts related to "poo vines". I'll smile when I think of our little "Pooh Bear"...sweet, sweet Maggie. She was so very lucky to have found you....it was a match made in Heaven....she was meant to be with you. You were incredible as you juggled all her medical issues and you did it with grace, humility and a ton of love.

Many hugs for you, Ann, as you grief the loss of sweet Maggie. I'll will keep ya in my thoughts and prayers.

Lots of love,
    Tena

28. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

(((((Ann))))) Chief Inspector Crapdash and Detective Poo send our deepest condolences. We will surely miss the Mags on our daily rounds. We knew her time was coming but it's always too soon. Boy howdy, was she ever a lucky kitty to have you for her bean. She got the best care ever. Every kitty should be so lucky. Sending big hugs and thinking of you.
    Liz, Anne, Zener and Tillie

29. MJ+Donovan

MJ+Donovan Well-Known Member

lighting Butthead's candle for Maggie.... :cry:
    [​IMG]

My sweet Donovan also took the decision out of my hands.

hugs and prayers....

MJ

30. Frosty

Frosty Well-Known Member

Ann. I am so sorry for your loss. Maggie was such a special kitty and fought a hard battle to the end. Thankfully you were able to be with her and comfort her as she crossed the bridge. She is at piece now playing with her brother and friends. Maggie will be missed by everyone. She was such an inspiration to PF and many other kitties. You are a special person and Maggie and you were so fortunate to have each other.

You are in our Prayers Ann.

31. Tigger's Friend

Tigger's Friend Well-Known Member

Hi Ann,

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Maggie's at peace now & will be waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge. I'm glad you were able to be there to comfort her in her last days, I know that means alot to you, too.

32. terriy

terriy Member

I am so sorry for your loss. Deepest condolences to you. rb_icon

33. MelissaEbby

MelissaEbby Member

Ann, Words always escape me at these times, but just want to say sorry for your loss. You'll be in my thoughts.

34. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Just adding my condolences to the others. Only those of us who truly know the joy our animals bring us, also understand the pain of their loss. The hole in your heart seems to never want to heal. Maggie gave you the final gift she had to give, by crossing over on her own terms, so there will never been any questions in your heart of "was there anything else I could have done". As hard as it is to do right now, try to accept that final gift. She didn't want you to have to make any big decision that you'd question....she loved you and wanted you to be with her as she was released to the light.

I hope you'll take a few minutes to read this. I found it a few months ago and it touched me so deeply. I hope you find comfort in it too. The "official name" is The Loving Ones...I like this title better though.... You chose the tears

Fly free sweet Maggie, land gently, and visit your mommabean often wings_cat

35. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

((((ann))))) i'm so very sorry. fly free little maggie. til we meet again.

36. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

(((((((((((((((((((((Oh, Ann))))))))))))))))))))) This is way too soon! It took my breath away when I saw Maggie's candle this morning. You went through so much together and you did everything for her! I remember her bringing her favorite mouse pole toy for you to play w/ her. She will be sitting by the Bridge holding it, watching over you and waiting to play again.

Fly Free, gentle Miss Maggie! The pokes and the pain are over and you can play w/ all your GA friends or sit quietly at the end of the bar with Bear Man watching the silliness of the youngsters!

[​IMG]

37. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Big Long Hug, Ann.
    I am overwrought in sadness that it was her time. I am so sorry for the pain you are feeling. I know how very difficult it is. I am crying with you.
    Yet she is now free.
    Fly Free, Maggie.
    [​IMG]

38. mtncat58

mtncat58 Well-Known Member

Oh Ann, Heavy heart this morning hearing this of Mags, she will so be missed
    Fly Free Maggie
    BEYOND THE RAINBOW

As much as I loved the life we had and all the times we played,
    I was so very tired and knew my time on earth would fade

I saw a wondrous image then of a place that's trouble-free
    Where all of us can meet again to spend eternity.

I saw the most beautiful Rainbow, an on the other side
    Were meadows rich and beautiful - lush and green and wide
    And running through the meadows as far as the eye could see
    Were animals of every sort as healthy as could be
    My own tired, failing body was fresh and healed and new
    And I wanted to go run with them, but I had something left to do
    I needed to reach out to you, to tell you I'm alright
    That this place is truly wonderful, then a bright glow pierced the night
    "Twas the glow of many candles, shining bright and strong and bold
    And I knew then that it held your love in it's brilliant shades of gold.
    For although we may not be together in the way we used to be
    We are still connected by a cord no one can see
    So whenever you need to find me, we're never far apart
    If you look beyond the Rainbow and listen with your heart.

39. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

Ann,
    I'm so so sorry it was Maggie's time to cross. Thank you so much for sharing her with us. I'm so thankful she knew such a life full of love. I can already tell you KNOW she's not gone, you just have to hug her differently.

Run and play sweet girl, Mama will pick you up with her work on earth is finished....

BIG HUGE LOOOOOOONG HUG Ann,

40. Jamie & Jupiter

Jamie & Jupiter Well-Known Member

Ann, I am so sorry to hear this - but I am glad her crossing was peaceful at home with you. I am sending lots of comforting thoughts and prayers your way. Fly free sweet Maggie

41. Courtney and Kismet

Courtney and Kismet Well-Known Member

(((Ann))) I saw the sad news on fb and shed a tear for you. I am so sorry to hear this sad news, but grateful that you got to be at home with your baby girl. Sending love and prayers. Fly free, sweet Maggie wings_cat rb_icon

42. Onyx & Klepto

Onyx & Klepto Member

Ann, I am so very sorry for your loss. No matter how prepared you think you'll be when the day finally comes, it's still devasting and breaks your heart to unimaginable depths. I went through this 2 years ago myself, and I was also fortunate enough to have my baby take the decision out of my hands for me. I'm so glad you were there with her durning her last moments--and knowing she's now at peace--will bring you comfort in the days ahead.

Onyx and I are sending you lots of hugs!

:YMHUG:

43. Missy & Kitty

Missy & Kitty Member

I'm so sorry for your loss, Ann. :cry:

44. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

(((Ann))))

Mike, Gus, Gracie, Tobey, and me are so broken hearted for you. Your love for Maggie has always been so strong and true and you have done everything anyone could do. The day she found you was her lucky, lucky day and she lived a full, rich life with more love than she could ever have imagined. As you said....now she is free of all the poo issues, the pokes, the shots....she is just free.

We lit a Candle for Maggie.

[​IMG]

45. Linda for Weezer

Linda for Weezer Well-Known Member

Oh Ann, I'm so sorry to see this. Sweet Maggie was always special to Weezer and me. I hope they have found each other in the land beyond pain. Prayers for healing coming your way.

46. Tara & Buster

Tara & Buster Well-Known Member

So sorry it was time for her to go. I'm glad she was with you, at home. I hope she comes to visit you soon. Fly free, little Maggie. wings_cat

47. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

((((Ann)))) I am so sorry it was Maggie's time to go. You were the best of beans for her and she chose wisely when she picked your place to live. These last couple of days must have been hard for you so I'm glad Maggie helped your decision by doing things in her own time at her own place. :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

Fly free sweet Mags, land softly, may there be many butterflies to chase while you wait to join your bean again.
    [​IMG]

48. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Thank you everyone for all the kind words of support, poems, candles. :YMHUG: :YMHUG: They have really helped me more than you know. I love the fable of "why we choose tears," thanks so much. I am overwhelmed with your posts and tearing up with them, as you all knew Maggie's personality and how sweet and eager to please. She gave so much love to me. Maggie just had her final trip to the Vet. They all really loved her, too. The word spread quick, and I was able to talk with most of the Vet Techs and get lots of hugs. Maggie's regular Vet was also there and available, and we had a nice talk about Maggie. He answered some questions I had about her last days. I made arrangements for Maggie's cremation and an urn. It's similar to the one I have of her GA brother who passed away four years ago. It feels so empty here without her, and I know it will take time and adjusting. After I left the Vet, I almost automatically thought, "now what do I need from the pet store?" It was almost a daily stop or several times/week. I've gotten to know some of the employees there personally I made so many visits with choosing the right foods for Mags. They will start to wonder, "where is that crazy cat lady that's always buying cat food and returning it for other choices." :D

I left Maggie's carrier and blanket there, as I could not bring home an empty carrier. The vet said he would make sure someone special gets it. It was a cute and colorful soft carrier and all Maggie. Thanks again everyone. I'll try and eventually get to everyone's condo to thank you personally for your words of comfort and visits and poems and candles.

49. mtncat58

mtncat58 Well-Known Member

Feel so bad for you hard to fill emptiness for awhile
    [​IMG]

50. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Dear (((Ann))). I've been too cowardly to even come and try to express my sorrow today.
    Miss Maggie was so special, I feel like she was my own family. :cry:
    She was a very lucky little girl to have found your loving arms. It's no secret that I admired how well you cared for her needs.

Someone mentioned her pole toy....I always loved hearing how she brought that mousie into the bedroom at night. Indeed, she will be waiting for you at The Bridge, with that much loved toy, in her mouth.

I pray that soon, your thoughts of Mags will be happy ones, and memories will soon bring smiles, and not tears.

Susan, sends her deepest sympathy, as she knows Maggie through me.

Gentle Hug, Ann
    Barb

51. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Thanks Mtncat, that's so sweet. I started visit and thanking Beans but am so sleepy. Think I will take a short nap. I didn't get any sleep but will tonight.

52. GregFurBall

GregFurBall Well-Known Member

Oh Ann. My heart is broken for you as you have had to say good-bye to sweet sweet Maggie. I shouldn't read this at work as I'm crying for how painful this must be for you. She loved you and you were able to be with her until the end. And what a blessing her carrier and blankie will be to another special baby.

:YMHUG: Karen

53. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Requiem aeternum, Maggie.

{{hugs}}

54. Georgia and Simon (GA)

Georgia and Simon (GA) Well-Known Member

Ann,
    I have not been on FDMB in a very long time and I feel so bad that I have missed what you and Maggie have been going through. My heart is hurting so bad for you. I just can't believe that your sweet Maggie is gone. I know she was the light of your life and she loved you so much. You were destined to be her mama bean and take good care of her. I will always remember the "Maggie look" and how much she and Simon were alike in many ways. I also will always be grateful to you for your support of Simon and my sweet Cleo (GA).

My prayers are with you and I hope you are comforted knowing that Mags is free from pain and running free. Lots of love and hugs to you.
    Georgia

55. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry Ann. It was a surprise to see the candle and my heart skipped a beat. You loved your sweet Maggie and so did we.
    I understand so much about bringing home an empty carrier. I did the same with BigMac's and had to leave it.

Sending you my warm hugs. And a little photo for you. (((((((Ann)))))))

[​IMG]

56. Doreen and PeePee

Doreen and PeePee Member

So sorry, Ann, I am so glad she was in the comfort of her home. She had a wonderful life with such a caring mommabean.
    Fly free sweet Maggie. (((((Ann)))))

57. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

(((CD))) thank you so much for that beautiful photo of my Maggie. That was one of her looks that seemed like she knew what I was thinking.

58. Wendy&Tiggy(GA)

Wendy&Tiggy(GA) Well-Known Member

Sorry for your loss ((hugs))

Maybe one day you can open your home and heart to another little life - my mum always says getting another pet is a tribute to the last one as it shows how special the pet was and how much you enjoyed having her in your life, that you want another one to share it.

Wendy

59. arozeboom

arozeboom Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry Ann. You and Maggie were very lucky to have one another..

60. knolet

knolet Well-Known Member

(((Ann)))

My thoughts and prayers have been with you all day, I am so sorry. I will light a candle tonight for Miss Maggie, fly free sweet girl

Hugs,
    Kathie

"In the Candle's Glow"

Warm light coming from far below,
    Twinkling, sparkling is the candle's glow.
    All is well up on the ridge,
    The place we know as Rainbow Bridge.

Furbabies sleeping in heaven's light,
    Tended by candles in the night.
    Peaceful dreams be theirs to keep,
    As they slumber in this night so deep.

Hearts on earth that miss them so,
    Take comfort in the candle's glow.
    Watching for them in skies above,
    Bound eternally by a cord of love.

Laura Hickman

61. RG & Mali (GA)

RG & Mali (GA) Member

Ann, I am so sorry for your loss. You did all you could for your baby and she chose to be with you at the end. That is all we can hope for.
    Our thoughts and prayers are with you in your sorrow. May peace and comfort come to you.
    wings_cat
    Robert

62. Ann. I am so very sorry for the loss of you beautiful Maggie.
    May her memories comfort you! You were an awesome bean and took exceptional care of her!
    May she come to you and let you know she is ok.
    ((((Hugs))))

Jo

63. This "place" is a true miracle, but some days it can be the saddest place on earth. My heart goes out to you Ann, along with prayers for you in the days ahead.

I thought after reading your post first thing this morning about how you and Maggie were able to "exchange" gifts at the end. She gave you the "gift" of taking the decision that is the hardest one we make away from you. And you, Ann, you gave her the ultimate gift by telling her "it's okay to leave, I'm okay, and I don't want you to suffer." Those must be the hardest words for any of us to utter, completely removing our breaking hearts from the equation because the love we feel for "them" is so strong and takes precedence over what "we" want.

Her coming into your life was a miracle. Had that not happened, you would not have come here when you did. And think of how that would have made everyone here's life different. How many cats and caregivers have been blessed by the fact that Maggie became diabetic? Thousands, Ann. Thousands. Me and Bob are just two of them.

Even in your grief, you were able to give a gift to another kitty and another bean. That was a beautiful thing to do, and I wish I had thought of it last week. Bringing home an empty carrier was very difficult. I couldn't even unload it from the car, and it's still there. But I know where it needs to go now, and when I pick up Mullet's ashes next week, it'll get there.

Tonight is a New Moon. I think that's a good thing. Because tonight, the stars will be very visible, and I hope you are able to see the "new star" in the heavens tonight that will be Maggie, shining brightly for you to see.

Hugs,
    Carl

64. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

((((((((((((Ann)))))))))))
    I am so sorry for your loss.
    Know that Maggie knows how much you love her. tears. And she loves you too.
    She will be waiting for you to join her someday at The Bridge.
    [​IMG]

65. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

((( Ann )))

I'm so sorry to see that Maggie has gone ahead. Cherish the memories, they will comfort you in time.

66. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Thank you Carl so much for all you've said in your post on Maggie's crossing the Bridge. I'm in tears reading it, as it's so heartfelt. I am the one who is blessed, as all of you have helped me get thru today, one of the hardest. This is such an amazing group how we all come together when needed.
    She did truly give me the gift of making the decision for me after I told her it's okay to leave. I'll be looking for that new star in the heavens tonight.

I think that would be a great idea to donate the carrier when you pick up Mullet's ashes. I've found it helps and too difficult bring home an empty carrier. Thanks again.

67. Lisa & Leo

Lisa & Leo Well-Known Member

((((Dear Ann)))

I was so sad to hear about Miss Maggie passing, my heart just went so heavy this afternoon, thinking back on all the fun times the kittehs have had running around, partying, getting out to vacation in places I'll probably never see. Thinking of their adventures, and all of us beans in the background sharing and helping the little sugar babies ... it was so wonderful to have a great group of people bonding and making good fun out of such medical challenges. That really helped - having a family here who understands all the ups and downs. Maggie sure has a wonderful and amazing bean, and she sure was a sweet kitty. I am relieved to hear that she made the decision for you and gave you that gift of no mental anguish. I don't mean to me irreverent, and I know you won't take it as such, but I really want to write that Leo is saddened at losing his big sis, and hanging in the hammock, and Maggie helping him recover from his travel woes. Maggie is certainly a wonderful cat all around, and will be missed in so many ways.

((((hugs)))

Lisa & Leo

68. jan and Hep and sara (GA)

jan and Hep and sara (GA) Well-Known Member

Ann,
    I was so so sorry to hear about your sweet Maggie. I'm glad she was at home with you and you were able to stroke her. It's very hard to say good bye but you will meet again. Thinking of you Ann.

Fly Free Sweet One. You will be sorely missed. (((Ann)))

Attached Files:

69. Barbara and tuffy

Barbara and tuffy Well-Known Member

(((Ann))) I'm sorry is so insignificant at a time like this. Please know you are in our thoughts and prayers. Maggie, you will not be forgotten. You are now running free, whole and free from pain.

Look not where I was
    For I am not there
    My spirit is free
    I am everywhere

In the air that you breathe
    In the sounds that you hear
    Don't cry for me Mom
    My spirit is near

I'll watch for you
    From the other side
    I'll be the one running
    New friends by my side

Smile at my memory
    Remember in your heart
    This isn't the end
    It's a brand new start
    -----

Fly free Maggie, land softly wings_cat

70. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear it was Maggie's time to pass on to the rainbow bridge. It's always so hard to let go of one of our beloved cats.

Fly free little Maggie. You will be sorely missed.

A ring of candles in Maggie's memory.

Attached Files:

71. Rocket & his Mom

Rocket & his Mom Well-Known Member

Oh Ann,
    This is a post I was not expecting to see this morning....I saw it earlier and felt so lost for words....I know all too well the pain you have right now....it is a pain so fresh and raw for me even though it has been almost 10 months since I last held Rocket in my arms :(

I found this and I do not know the author....but thought of sharing this with you.....Angels On My Shoulders group on FB has this posted.....and it spoke to me lots just yesterday....I truly hope it helps you in some way...though I know nothing can take away the pain you feel.....

Weep not for me though I am gone
    Into that gentle night.
    Grieve if you will, but not for long
    Upon my soul's sweet flight.
    I am at peace, my soul's at rest
    There is no need for tears.
    For with your love I was so blessed
    For all those many years.
    There is no pain, I suffer not,
    The fear now all is gone.
    Put now these things out of your thoughts,
    In your memory I live on.
    Remember not my fight for breath
    Remember not the strife.
    Please do not dwell upon my death,
    But celebrate my life.

sending you a huge cyber hug....may you find some comfort in knowing you and Maggie are so much loved :YMHUG:

Fly Free Sweet Maggie wings_cat there are many handsome kitties waiting for you at the bridge....you are for sure going to break some kitties hearts! I told Rocket to look for you and show you around.....

I have lit a candle in memory of Maggie

72. Deborah & Shasta

Deborah & Shasta Well-Known Member

((Ann)) I am deeply saddened by the passing of Maggie. This hit like a ton of bricks. In last night's condo for Shasta, you said that you would keep us in your thoughts and prayers. Well, Ann and Maggie - Shasta and I are returning the favor and will keep you both close to our hearts while you mourn and heal.

Fly free, sweet Maggie girl. You are well loved by many around the world. Don't forget to keep watch over your mama bean from the Rainbow Bridge. Send her some signs every once in a while. She'll need those signs to ease the ache in her heart. Love you, sweet Maggie.

[​IMG]

73. RichNW & Rex

RichNW & Rex Well-Known Member

{{Ann}}

I will keep you and Maggie in my thoughts and prayers.
    I love the story of how Maggie found and picked you to care of her!

Fly free and high Maggie!!!

74. Elizabeth&Julia&Margaret(GA)

Elizabeth&Julia&Margaret(GA) Member

(((Ann)))

Somehow my words seem inadequate when reading the beautiful sentiments everyone has shared. I am so sorry for the loss of Maggie and my heart is aching for you. You will be in my thoughts and prayers, especially for comfort these coming days as you start to adjust to life without Maggie.

Grieve not, nor
    speak of me
    with tears, but laugh and
    talk of me as if I were
    beside you.
    I loved you so....
    Twas Heaven
    here with you.

-Isla Paschal Richardson

Fly free sweet Maggie. wings_cat

75. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

{{{{{Ann}}}}}

Our Dear friend ~ Sweet Maggie....fly free Sweetie...until we meet again...... wings_cat
    Please know that we are withyou across the miles and sharing in your sadness. May your memories of Maggie
    bring you peace ~ the love you shared was a wonderful thing. I am glad you were able to be with her in the end that
    way. Sending hugs to you Ann....

76. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Hi my friends,
    I am still slowly making my way around condos thanking everyone personally for reaching out to me with the loss of Maggie. Your beautiful sentiments, prayers, candles, poems, pics and words of comfort have meant the world to me and helped me get thru yesterday. I am truly overwhelmed with all the support and so grateful to all of you.

I am doing better today and just got home. I was "out and about" as I always liked to call it in my condos. I still get teary when I mention Maggie's crossing the Bridge. I thought I was holding it together better today but just saying her name today to someone at Petsmart made me almost lose it. I had to deposit a VPI reimbursement check at my credit union, and there was a PetsMart on the same street, so I stopped in to see the kitties at the Adoption Center. It's way too soon, but there was a six month old Siamese boy kitty that everyone was admiring, blue eyes, just beautiful. The person I mentioned Maggie's name to said "that's your kitty." My GA kitty was a talkative Siamese. Maggie took on his personality after he passed and kept up the vocal, especially at night dragging her mouse pole toy. I will alway look back on all the good memories of Mags, and the mouse pole toy is my favorite and also some of you mentioned it.

I had a dream about Maggie last night, and she was sporting a new green kini with ruffles to show off her figure. She told me and also wants everyone here to know that she is now pain free and is having fun doing her famous cliff dives any time her little heart desires. She wants everyone to not be so sad as her Mom is doing better, and she knows she will see her again. I do have more of a peace about it today. I found myself looking at my watch thinking I'd better get home to do fluids. I had a set time for certain things I did to care for Mags.

I want everyone to know I slept in - 1/2 hour longer! :D I guess that saying is true that you can't teach an old dog new tricks. I was on the Board and visited some condos. Probably some of you were just going to bed. Well, I'm done rattling on. I never was able to do a short condo. Thanks again everyone. I'll be around offering support on the Board. I've made so many wonderful friends here. :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

77. Doug N Libby

Doug N Libby Well-Known Member

Oh, Ann -

I am terribly sorry to hear you lost your sweet Maggie. Sweet of you to offer her reassurance that it was okay to leave. I think they look for that, sometimes. I know there's a huge hole in your heart, but pray comfort and peace for you in the days to come.

Hugs and tears -

Libby (& Hershey, too!)

78. milfordcollector

milfordcollector Member

Dear Ann.....(((HUGS))) I'm sorry to hear of your loss... Fly Free Sweet Maggie wings_cat and Land Softly Across the Rainbow Bridge rb_icon Sending heartfelt sympathies..........Cindy & Sabrina cat_pet_icon

79. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

((((((((((Ann))))))))))
    I'm so sorry... so, so sorry to hear of Maggie's passing. She was such a lucky kitty to have you to care for and love her.
    Many hugs and tears...

wings_cat
    Fly free dear sweet, Maggie...
    Until you meet again.

80. Karrie and Maverick

Karrie and Maverick Well-Known Member

(((((Ann)))))) I just heard and my heart is breaking for you. I will always remember your Maggie. She has a special spot in my heart.

I know that Maggie was meant to be yours and only yours. She will send you signs that she is okay. I will light a candle tonight for her.

Wish I could give you a real hug.

81. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

What a great dream. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Detective Poo isn't so sad now.
    Liz

82. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Oh, I can just see Maggie showing off in her beautiful green ruffles :mrgreen: !

It takes awhile...there is no set timeframe. I still get teary when I talk about Mario, and even Mr Kitty who crossed the bridge over 10 years ago. But, I can also talk about them with much joy and celebration. They really are always with us. Maggie's strong and bright spirit will carry you through.

83. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

That's such a wonderful dream. I'm glad it gave you some comfort. I can see Maggie in her green 'kini.

84. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

(((Ann)))

I am so sorry to hear that Maggie decided it was her time to cross.
    She was a very lucky girl to have had your love and care for so many years.
    You truly were a devoted mama bean to her and I know how that special bond exists when you are doing this crazy sugar dance.
    Many friends of hers are across the bridge, waiting to welcome her in their furry little arms.

Fly free sweet dear Maggie and safe and soft landings.

wings_cat Maggie

85. Ann,
    Thank you for the update on how you're doing. And it was nice, even though there are moments that make you cry or get choked up, I can "see" a couple of moments of "smiles" in your post. And so sweet that Maggie visited your dreams. That's a comfort and a blessing.

Hugs,
    Carl

86. Jennifer&Cain(GA)

Jennifer&Cain(GA) Member

So sorry to hear about your loss. Maggie was well loved. Very well loved.

Many hugs to you. :YMHUG:

That's a great dream. Maggie is giving you a gift.

87. asoolty

asoolty Well-Known Member

((((Ann))) I'm sorry I was just check on my friends at the forums and I like to take an look from time to time ! Then I saw this shocking news ;((( sorry I wasn't around much

I just wish Maggie a safe landing to the bridge I'm sure Noni is there waiting for her free of pain ;( we will always miss them they took a piece of our hearts and leave. I'm sure we will meet again.

May god give you strength .. Pain gets easier day after say

88. Sweeties-Mom

Sweeties-Mom Member

I'm so sorry the learn that Maggie has gone to the bridge in the days since I last posted a condo here. I love the visit she paid you in your dream - what a special kitty, and how lucky for you both when she found you at your apartment.

wings_cat
    I'm sure all of the GA kitties are loving having sweet Mags to play with now.

89. Patty & Champ

Patty & Champ Well-Known Member

I haven't been to the board all week so I just now saw this post. Geez, Ann, I'm so sorry for your loss. The whole time Champ and I have been here, so have you and Maggie. I know she's feeling really good right now, romping and having a blast, but keeping a close eye on you to make sure you're okay. You were the best mom ever. She never wanted for anything. She knew you loved her so much right to the end. God bless you!!
    \

90. Anne&Muffin (GA)

Anne&Muffin (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh Ann, I'm so very sorry for your loss. Fly free sweet Maggie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.