8/7 Cassie AMPS 212 +3 250 +7 233 PMPS 364 +3 293

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Abby and Cassie, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Abby and Cassie

Abby and Cassie Member

Previous post

Good morning everyone! Update on Cassie's little bout of sickness yesterday. After she finished eating and laid on my bed for a bit, she acted fine the rest of the night. I kept dreaming something was wrong of course, and then I'd wake in a panic to see her staring at me like, "come on you woke me up!" She ate her food this AMPS just fine, and no puke all night or morning. I think like @Briere Fur Mom said it's probably constipation. I gave a tsp of pumpkin to help. :)

Briere Fur Mom likes this.
  2. Briere Fur Mom

Briere Fur Mom Well-Known Member

Oh Cassie where did all the green go? Sometimes "disturbances" in the force such as constipation can make #s rise. I'm glad he's feeling better. Nothing like a sick/ or what you think is a sick cat to make you lose sleep.:(
    I'd increase his dose(.25u) if he doesn't show you anymore green. Before you do though, be sure to get a midcycle overnight :rolleyes: test to ensure he's not diving to deep into that darn lagoon. Unless of course you decide to increase him tonight:p I use to get a lil willy nilly about increases at night. Even though you usually don't see any action the cycle you increase, I was still a bit more aware:nailbiting:
    I hope Cassie shapes up and get those #s back in the safe end of the lagoon.
    Have a wonderful day Abby!

Sue and Luci and Abby and Cassie like this.
  3. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

All this talk about dose changes...Cassie will make a run for the lagoon. You know they're telepathic and do things just to show us who's in charge.

btw, is Cassie a girl or a boy? I'm so confused! :p

4. Abby and Cassie

Abby and Cassie Member

I'll make sure to get a mid cycle check tonight! I really miss those greens LOL. I'm not sure if I should increase tonight or tomorrow morning. Maybe wait until tomorrow and check mid-cycle tonight on 1.25? I hope Cassie proves us wrong and gives us a good number tonight!! Lol.

Boy, technically! But when we rescued "it" as a stray, we were convinced it was a girl. I think the cute pink ears and nose throw us off. We were shocked when the vet told us it was actually a neutered male! I tend to just refer to Cassie as a girl still due to habit and I can't "see" it as a boy, LOL.

I think someone abandoned him, and I wonder if maybe because he got diagnosed with diabetes. Because it wasn't too long after that he started showing the physical symptoms of diabetes, the awkward gait, bad fur, drinking lots of water, etc. Took us awhile to be able to afford to get all the testing done and confirm it was diabetes. But it just makes my heart hurt to think he was abandoned by his former owners after the diabetes diagnosis.

5. Abby and Cassie

Abby and Cassie Member

"Cassie" is also short for Casperette. LOL

I almost named him/her Marie too, after my favorite character from Aristocats!

[​IMG]

Briere Fur Mom and Sue and Luci like this.
  6. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Well, he's adorable! Often @Bellasmom, Mr. Bella is mistaken for a girl too...it happens - LOL...:rolleyes:

I'm glad he found you! Someone to love him and take care of him.:kiss: Poo on those other people who abandoned him. They don't deserve him...:(

7. Abby and Cassie

Abby and Cassie Member

Gave 1.5 tonight. I figured that way the more active cycle might be tomorrow, and hopefully she'll have a calmer cycle tonight. I'll still test +6 tonight. :)