8/7 kit AMPS 253,+2.5 293,PMPS 210,+2.75 250 18 hour cycle uses

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by JOJI and Kit, Aug 7, 2020.

1. JOJI and Kit

JOJI and Kit Well-Known Member

yesterday
    https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...84-7-78-8-5-77-9-5-70-pmps-82-2-5-210.233265/

thanks again to team kit for support and kindness yesterday.
    kit rode some reasonable greens in the am cycle.
    and now we bounce. it's been quite awhile since we've seen numbers this high.

what's next, kit?

day 62 in kit's switch to lantus/relion from prozinc/alphatrak2
    day 3 of her decrease to 4U
    day 43 of TR

have a great day everybody,
    ^jw

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Hi. Big bounce I see. Pokey break for you.

JOJI and Kit likes this.
  3. Susan & Claudio

Susan & Claudio Member

Remember, what goes up must come down. Just hope not too far down.

tiffmaxee and JOJI and Kit like this.
  4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Kit clears the bounce today.

JOJI and Kit likes this.
  5. JOJI and Kit

we've seen mention of an 18 hour cycle usually in relation to a schedule conflict/difficulty with getting to a particular shot time.

we've got a single day coming up in a week or so when nobody will be able to monitor kit from AM shot to PM shot.
    given her sneaky ways, we're wondering how to handle that and if 18 hour cycle was appropriate. if yes, any stickies or info on it?

if no, other thoughts?

6. Briere Fur Mom

Briere Fur Mom Well-Known Member

I've employed this system twice in the past. I was CORRECTED for not employing it properly. I used it to avoid shooting a green cause I wussed out. That is not how it is intended to be used. It is to drain large dose depots. @Marje and Gracie will correct me if I'm wrong or only partially right;)

JOJI and Kit likes this.
  7. tiffmaxee

What time would you be leaving? I used it once when I couldn’t monitor. I skipped the morning and shot 6 hours late. Then I skipped the evening shot and shoot at my normal morning time.Do the two shots were 18 yours apart. Sometimes it’s just easier to skip a shot.

Briere Fur Mom and JOJI and Kit like this.
  8. JOJI and Kit

normal shot time is 6:50am/6:50pm

on the day in consideration
    i can get an AM shot and AM+2.5. but if that +2.5 is telling me that the cycle is going to be active then i'm stuck.
    joji would be back for the PM shot.

so with the current plan, nobody would be here at AM+6 and be able to then monitor.

so if we went this way, then our skipped shot would be the AM of the day that nobody is here to monitor. yes?

eta, but likely take a BG at the regular AM shot time bc, well, why not? ;)

9. tiffmaxee

Yes. I shot at 6. So I skipped the morning and shot at 12, skipped the evening and shot at my regular time because I didn’t get home until very late at night and Max was at 60 that morning. If you will be gone all day I’d just skip a shot.

JOJI and Kit likes this.
  10. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

I would say no as a recommendation because, as Briere said, it’s not why we use an 18-hour shot schedule. Think of it like this, if you just skip, you can shoot at your regular time at next shot or you can even shoot early if you get home early. It’s not hard to get back on schedule if you shoot early. So, at most, you are just off her normal schedule by 12 hours (i.e. one skipped shot).

But if you do an 18-hour schedule, she’s going to get two shots in 36 hours as opposed to two shots in 24 hours. So you will be off her regular schedule for three cycles.

The 18-hour schedules are good for things like being away from home at regular shot times for more than just one cycle.. For instance, we had one member who had a family reunion over a few days. Instead of skipping shots the entire time, she was able to get back home every 18 hours to shoot.

Make sense?

JOJI and Kit likes this.