8/7 Weekend Condo: Busy RULES, Happy Weekend L&LL!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Michelle and Mannie (GA), Aug 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Good Morning Afternoon LL!! :coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee: (YUM! Vanessa outdid herself this morning: PRIMO!) HAPPY SUNDAY to everyone!

LL! It's is I, Vanessa, president and CEO of The Coffee Cat! Life is GOOD! Bug and Lola, Co-CEO's of Paw Prints Pizza are open, and ready for business! They are running a Weekend Special: BBQ Pizzas! Lots of kitteh treats in them pies, tuna, chicken and shrimps! All on their signature catnip crust. It is mega good. They also have a dessert berry pie, lots of whip cream to holds it all together. So.... order early, and party hearty! I have been very busy this weekend too! My special for today is a coffee infused 4 berry and watermelon frappe. It is mega good, I swear! So..... Coffee time! :coffee::coffee::coffee: For today, I proudly offer Vanessa's special 10 hour energy coffee, and triple shot espressos, with beans from Starbucks Pike Place Market, their original blend, AND.... for all my Mocha fans: a VENTI Quad Blueberry infused white mocha/mocha blend with white chocolate chips melted within, swirled with a raspberry puree, topped with a strawberry infused whip garnished with caramelized berry sprinkles and white chocolate curls and a caramel drizzle.......SWEET! Vanessa's bakery is all stocked for today too: baguettes and croissants and donut holes, including my signature berry jams. I have a new one: watermelon! They too is mega goods. I made them myself! :cat:

[​IMG]

cat cheese.jpg
    LIVE! From Beechers Cheese Factory at the market... seems one of our kitties wanted to carry on the Mannie tradition and swim in the cheese vats.... :joyful::joyful::confused::eek::eek::eek:

I hope everyone has had a great week. We have been.... well, busy again! :eek::joyful::cool: As I say every week: I just can't imagine not being on the go. ;) It keeps us out of trouble, and makes for great times! Not to mention endless memories. :joyful::joyful::joyful: I often think back on the weeks happenings, and wonder how in the world did we do all that! I know I write this every week, but it really was the same this past week. We have had a week of adventure, and fun, and crazy as we all deal with summer, and sunny warm day. We have been swimming, and to parks, to beaches, and spray parks, and rivers, and had adventures at home too, including a sleepover on Wednesday night. It has been a good week... :):) :cool:

and (from last week) .... DH UPDATE! Oncology appt on Tuesday (7/26), along with a CT Scan looking to see if the cancer is gone, or has come back. I am happy to report that after several months of hell, he is at this point in time cancer free. YAY!!!! They will do another scan in three months to see if that will remain true. Wow, he is one of the lucky ones, and is very very grateful. :woot::woot::woot::woot::woot: He is doing better on his own PT, mainly focusing on walking, to get physical strength back, and ease up his breathing. Small daily kitten steps, but overall he is doing better post cancer post surgery. Recovery will take time, but for now, we can say cancer free, and are very happy about it. :woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::):cool:

Normalcy in Three MusketeerVille The kitties are all doing well, no one is fighting or growling or hissing, sharing of toys and those nanners abound, and life is good to be a cat. It is a cloudy morning here, with a couple of brief sun teasers. They say the thunder and lightning is a-comin', sometime kater this afternoon. :eek: This morning's sun was just enough to get kitty hopes up, and then.... back to bed. :smuggrin::rolleyes: They have been so so happy to have such warm sunny days this past week. Bug continues to sleep in those Mannie sun beams, Lola camps out by the opened but screened door, and Vanessa sleeps in her bed beneath the window. Happy kittehs! My son has been voer working in my yard,and when he is here he makes apoint of taking Lola outside for some supervised yard runs. In true Lola fashion she was impatient, leaped from his arms, onto the deck raining and jumped to the ground below. :eek::eek::eek:o_O:facepalm::joyful: ah Lola..... There really isn't too much new on the kitty home front. Vanessa continues to bring me kitty toys to play with and share, day an night. I continue to wake up to see that Vanessa had brought me nanners, always setting them all next to my head on my pillow. I opened my eyes to see nothing but those nanners. :woot::joyful: Thank you Vanessa!! :cool: I of course did my duty, and played with them. :joyful: Lola continues to escape... wow on it all. It is a daily occurrence now, at least two a day on most days. We are all getting very good, once again, at making sure she doesn't. Haha, we try, we failed more often than not. Ah Lola... what will we do with you? Yes, I know.... make you a catio! I will, I swear! A few weeks ago I did start the search for someone that can build me one.... :cat: I have found one local company that I like, so hope to be able to connect with them, have them give me an estimate. I just haven't had much time to pursue it. BAD BEAN! :eek::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :cool: Bug continues to be my laid back mellow kitty. Nothing ever seems to phase him. ;) He is so affectionate, comes by all the time to snuggle, purr and dish but a few head butts. Days have been warmer, not always sunny, but warmer. All three kitties have spent alot of it with noses plastered to the screens of open windows. Catching outdoor sniffs and an occasional breeze no doubt. It has been a good week for Lola, Bug and Vanessa. Normalcy rules in Three MusketeerVille! :cat::cat::cat:

P1260202.JPG
    Lola... day dreaming of the great outdoors.... PLEASE, she says! :joyful:

P1260374.JPG
    Bug... post scratching post annihilation... o_O:smuggrin:

P1460579.JPG
    Vanessa... chillin'!

Our adventures continue. It has indeed been a busy week.The weather has been fabulous! Warm at 70-75, sunny blue skies, all around just plain great. With weather like this our focus has been outdoors, to beaches and rivers and parks this week. next week we hope to return to our mountain lakes and rivers. They boys love those, so off we go! This week we were at Juanita Beach Park, the Sammamish River at Bothell Landing Park, and City Park with its Spray Park. Juanita Beach is always a favorite place for Nicholas and William. We spent the afternoon playing in the sand and the water. Both boys went swimming, open water style, and indulged in many civil engineering projects, constructing their own swimming holes, creeks and lakes. Such fun! We topped the evening off with a DQ food feast, before heading home for post beach baths and a sleepover night at Grammie's. Thursday afternoon we were on the Sammamish River, next to the Bothell landing park. It has been a very long time since we have been there, sure was great to be back. The playground there is great, there are hundreds of ducks that call that river section home, and well... the river itself is fun! more civil engineering projects for Nicholas and William. We also found hundreds of small 1" long fish in that river. They so love to wade on out, have those fish swim around their legs. What a cool experience! Friday afternoon was City Park day. They have really nice playground equipment there, and a great spray park. It was 80+ out that afternoon, so off to a spray park we went. Neither Nicholas or William could get enough of the water park, ever so much fun! Of course nobody wanted to leave.... :rolleyes::smuggrin: It goes without saying that we all appreciate the city park visits. We wrapped up the weeks with an evening swimming session for both boys at the Snohomish Aquatic Center. It has indeed been very busy, I was beat by each Friday evening, and I wouldn't change any of it for the world. What a great week it has been. :woot::woot::woot: It has been so fun! It has indeed been a good week for the boys, and their Grammie! :joyful::joyful::joyful:

P1550427.JPG
    William and Nicholas: "open water" swimming! Juanita Beach Park :cool::woot:

P1550828.JPG
    William and Nicholas: Chillin' in the grasses... Sammamish River

P1560067.JPG
    William and Nicholas: Squirt Gun Fun at Edmonds City Spray Park

AWESOME WEEK in the pool!
    Nicholas & William have been swimming together this week, before lessons for Nicholas, on a M-F schedule. I hope he will be able to make most of his lessons, but as it was last summer, there are once again issues with the other DGP's that they spend M-Tu with, they don't support the pool, and lessons, and won't bring them. so.... family drama! What can I say. It is is an issue, but we will do what we can, when they are with me, to keep doing what Nicholas, and William, love to do. We start a new session for Nicholas this coming week, so once again we shall see what they decide to do. AND (!!!) William is now also registered for swim classes, signed him up last week. he is excited, it will be fun to have him in lessons too. Congrats to our little fishie!! Nicholas and William continue do well together in the pool. It can get a little crazy, but really is alot of fun for all, even me. On Friday night, after the Snohomish Pool Swim, the traditional Friday Night Burger Feast is still on! Nicholas and I have been doing that for the longest time. It was awesome that William was there to join us. :cool::cool::cool::joyful: SWIMMING RULES!!! As always, we are grateful for our time in the pool. It has all enabled to boys to explore another aspect of growing up, one they really enjoy. It has just become the norm for us, we go each week, and just never tire of it. It proves to be such fun for both boys, and their excitement with it all has not wavered.
    GO NICHOLAS! GO WILLIAM !! [​IMG][​IMG]

P1070876.JPG
    William: Down Under, Snohomish Aquatic Center

P1080014.JPG
    Nicholas: Down Under: Snohomish Aquatic Center

P1220645.JPG
    Nicholas & William: Working the Slides at Lynnwood Recreation Center

For my own personal time, I continue to hike the local trails here when I can, mainly at Meadowdale and Picnic Point. As always, it is great to have such good places to go to when time permits. I cannot be more grateful. This past week there was no hike for me, weather was awful on the day I had free. I did manage to take a short drive in between rains, to visit Osprey Park, so I could see if I thought it would be a good one for Nicholas and William. It is on HWY 2, in Sultan, a short drive from home. I loved the place, and will have to take them there. :cool: Monday while in Seattle, I also took sometime to walk through our Pike Place Market, just to see what was new there. It is a wonderful place in DT Seattle, where local farmers and crafts folks can come and sell their wares. Busy ruled that day. I think every known tourist to man was at the market that Monday.... o_O:rolleyes: :):):):joyful::joyful::joyful::cool::cool::cool:

Have a great Weekend everyone! It is rather low-key here... I spent Caturday catching on home duties, and managed a local beach walks. Today I hiked the local woods to the beach trail, which was nice. It has been a while since I have been able to go there early on a Sunday. Such a nice quiet time! Dinner out tonight with my son and his fiance. Her parents are coming too, so FUN WILL RULE! :smuggrin::joyful::):):)

KITTIES!! Remember: BLUE, think GREEN :cat::cat::cat:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
    Ann & Maggie11 (GA) likes this.
  2. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

It is so sweet that Vanessa brings you nanners! Lola....crazy girl!! Stay inside where it is safe until MamaBean gets the catio built!! Nice that Bug is so mellow to help balance Lola out!

The boys look great...love the shot of them in the grass! Now you've got two energizer fishies...is anyone eyeing up the Olympics yet :)??

Prayers continue that DH stays cancer free...that is such wonderful news!

3. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

@Amy&TrixieCat - hi Amy! I love those nanners presents. They are there every morning now. This morning there were three. :joyful: that is so well said about mellow Bug balancing out wild and crazy Lola. Vanessa just watches all, she has become the matriarch. Thx on the boys.i love that grass shot. They had such fun in that river, the grasses were an added bonus. Yupp on two energizer fishes!!! William had his first swim class today. He LOVED it, had so much fun. :) :) :) Following in big brothers footsteps. Many thanks on DH . We so hope that is the case. Survival rate for this type of cancers is in the 25-30% range. He is so grateful he was one of the lucky ones, and thanks his lucky stars daily.

4. Tiger(GA) and Ruth

Tiger(GA) and Ruth Well-Known Member

Thank you Vanessa for that fabulous cupa coffee this morning!! You are the best kitteh barista-Elsa and Mannie are smiling with approval!!! Auntie Ruth :joyful::joyful:

Such good news on DH's oncologist visit!! :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:Sending continuing vines and prayers for continuing healing and recovery--what a warrior he is!!!

Love all the pictures of the boys and kitties!! Hope this heat and humidity isn't putting a damper on your activities-I have to walk in the evenings nowadays-- I wana jump in the river myself; it'stoo darned hot during the day. :rolleyes: Have a great week!!!

5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Great report for your DH. I'm glad the kitties are doing well. I love the cheese factory picture you posted. That brings back memories. I'm glad the boys are doing well. How neat on the fish swimming around them.

6. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Michelle,
    I loved reading your condo this week. The news about your DH is so encouraging. We continue to send him lots of healing vines for a strong recovery.
    Are the boys watching the Olympics? Some fantastic swim races there to inspire them! It's great that they got in some swimming at the beach. And the pool shots are terrific.
    Lola, you'll get your catio soon! Bug, I think you need a new scratching post! Vanessa, Kitteh Barista, I don't know what we would have done without all the wonderful coffee and espresso that you delivered to our family reunion. THANK YOU!

Michelle, I hope your weather cools off and that you will have some nice walks/hikes this week. You are certainly busy. How are the boys' swim lessons going? I'm sure William is thrilled to be taking lessons just like his big brother.

Thanks for all your visits to Rusty's condo. He's doing OK.

Hugs and scritches,

7. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Howdy everyone!!! I hope your week is moving along well. :joyful:

@Tiger(GA) and Ruth - Hi Ruth:coffee:
    :coffee::coffee: Vanessa, our resident Batista thanks you :cat: she does live her job! Many thanks on DH. He is so grateful that things are going as well as they are. Paws crossed it stays that way! Thanks too on the pics!we have been handling the warm temps well. We just head to the river, or beach, anything that is wet. :cool::joyful: The cool of the rivers has been a blessing! I hear we are due to reach 90 this Friday. :eek:

@carfurby - Hi Carla :coffee:
    :coffee::coffee: lol on the cheese factory pic. I was looking for something to post in that spot, first one I saw was that cheese factory.i think Ann of Ann and Tess added the kitty to the car. Such awesome Mannie and furkids memories. How he lived to "take the kittens" to the market. Such great memories. Thx on the boys, they love the fish, even more fun when they are in the river with them. :cool:

@Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) - Hi Ella :coffee::coffee::coffee: ah thx on the condo :) many thx on DH. Yes in the boys and the Olympics, esp swimming. When the can that is. Most is in after their bedtime, but their mom and dad will show them races etc on reply. The races this year have been exciting. William has started lessons, first one this past Monday- his dgp actually took him! :) William LOVED class too. :cool: Lola agreed with you! She wants her catio!!! I have got to get it done! Lol on Bug's scratching post. I did get him a new one :rolleyes::smuggrin: that was sorely needed. Vanessa is beaming with pride, we was so adamant that the :coffee: for your reunion was perfect. We have cooled, alot. Down into the 60's the past few days. Enough so that rains and thunderstorms showed in the mountains, so I had to find alternate hiking spots! We are however due for more warm even hot weather by Thursday. Water rivers and outdoors then for me and the boys! I am so glad all is well with Rusty. I know I've missed a few condos... speaking of, best find yours for today! :):):)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.