8/8 Neko PMPS 392 +3 317 - CSU day 3

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Wendy&Neko, Aug 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Yesterday http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=76618 Neko started yellow then camped out at red once the CSU visit started. She started going slowly down in the evening. She was also Ms. Scaredy Kat most of the time back at the hotel, but did finally come out from behind the bed just before we went to bed and spent a good part of the night on the bed with us.

Today was the second SRT treatment and we were back early. Neko only spent 4 hours at CSU and we were told that things went well again. Dr. Timian did an exam and couldn't find anything wrong, so the behaviour changes we saw yesterday afternoon were just stress on top of the effects of multiple days of anaesthesia. We are still waiting official results of the CT scans but have the unofficial word that her organs are fine. Tomorrow is meeting day and I expect to be overwhelmed with information from everyone there.

I am not doing BG testing today until PMPS. Neko was at 408 this morning and I compounded things by screwing up and doing a fur shot. That on top of the vet visit stress - no worries today about low BG!

@Lu - thanks for visiting last night. We hit the pet shop in old town today and I got some bonita flakes. They are a hit so far! Good luck on your vet visit. Let us know how it went and what works!

2. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 8/8 Neko AMPS 408 - CSU day 3

Hi Wendy,
    It sounds like Neko's treatment is going well. Keep up the good work, Neko. It's good that she is finally getting settled in and that the strange hotel room is losing some of it's strangeness. Best of luck and lot of SRT vines for the remainder of Neko's treatment. We are all thinking of you.

Hugs,

Ella & Rusty

p.s. Edward and I bought a Concept2 rowing machine and it was delivered today. It's neat!

3. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Well, drat on the fur shot. She'll get back on track. Paws crossed here. Does she get radiation again tomorrow?
    Liz

ETA: Zener reminded me to post his message:
    Neko, I'm getting the ropes. Mannie and Tess will help too and we'll pull you down nice and slow. ~Z

4. Grayson & Lu

Grayson & Lu Well-Known Member

That was a nice little shop! And the folks there very helpful. Maybe the Bonitos will be worth coming out from under the bed!

Don't feel bad about the fur shot... I spent nearly 1.5 weeks getting Grayson to a mtn time schedule... then I fell asleep and missed the shot time, shooting late, and totally screwing up his BGs by the time he was ready to go "under". So as Leo was going low and getting dextrose, Grayson was high and getting R. There are some things that happen, despite good intentions and well-laid plans!

5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Re: 8/8 Neko PMPS 392 - CSU day 3

AMPS 408 followed by a fur shot of way less than half a dose, and 4 hours at CSU leads to: ta da...
    PMPS 392

That was completely unexpected. I was expected at least red and possibly black. I did feed her a small snack at +9.5 and maybe her pancreas kicked in. Go shed! I remember Julie once saying that when you get to larger doses with an acrocat, you can skip a shot without much effect.

@Ella - Neko is finally in the same hotel for 3 days and nights now, it must be a relief after the 3 day journey and different hotels on the way down. It's a fairly quiet room and places to hide! Just 1 day left! The Concept 2 are nice machines. We are looking at getting one, but used. A lot of people get them then don't use them much so you can get deals on them, we hope. I'd much rather have a machine at home instead of going to the local rec centre.

@Liz - one more day of radiation. Hopefully she'll be up to it tomorrow and we won't have to delay a day. So far so good tonight.

@Lu - I think I pretty much missed the shot today, and she is lower than this morning! Go figure. The time change is hard, especially if your shot time is also out of whack for when you need to show up at CSU. Going back on schedule will be easier for me because it just means being later and when we are on the road the schedule is upset anyway.

Zener - Slow is good, I'm still feeling a little woozy from whatever they did to me today.

6. MelanieAndRacci

MelanieAndRacci Well-Known Member

Hi Wendy,

I hope tomorrow is a better day for you and Neko. It sounds like it was a rough one today. ;-) It sounds like it's almost over now.

Traveling is hard on cats. I remember the first motel we stayed at with Calli. She crawled into the box spring on the bed! By the second motel she was an old hat at it though. Racci has never done motels. She's always visited homes when we traveled so it was more comfortable. My girls got really used to traveling. I bet Neko does really well the next time too.

Have a good day tomorrow.

Melanie & Racci

7. Grayson & Lu

Grayson & Lu Well-Known Member

They say the anesthesia lowers the BG. It must, as Grayson's last blue was mid-SRT. Go figure! You're in the "short rows"... seems like Neko has done very well through all the NEW things and places and people. Wishing you another good day!

We hung out Friday so we had a little down time before our travel day. Don't know if that's an option, but it certainly was less stressful on me! Will you be heading out later today? Tomorrow? or Saturday? I can only imagine how anxious all of you are to be home, but you don't want to rush it either. I know Leo had a few minor issues - his scratchy throat for one. Hopefully today will be uneventful... a "normal" day of SRT is a good day! ;-)

8. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Wendy - wishing you guys well on today's adventure. Hope all goes well. I hope for a normal uneventful day. Good luck, and have a safe journey home. :D

9. Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor

Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor Well-Known Member

Thanks for keeping us all updated while you were at CSU! Fingers crossed for a good completion and a safe trip home!
    Jane

10. Doug N Libby

Doug N Libby Well-Known Member

Hey, Wendy -

I've been out of the loop, but it sounds like things are going well with Neko. Sorry about the fur shot - I'm a PRO at those!

I hope today went well and you got lots of information that will help you to help Neko.

Take care -

Libby (& Hershey, too!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.