9/08 Jax PMPS 62,+1 68,+2 77,+3 67,+4 69,+5 76,+6 96,+8 139

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by JaxBenji, Sep 8, 2020.

1. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Shot a 55 last night and Jax did great. I survived with Elise and peanut butter M&Ms!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day :bighug:

2. thebigfuzz

thebigfuzz Well-Known Member

Have a good day Susanne!

JaxBenji likes this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice job last night. I hope Jax surfs safely today.

JaxBenji likes this.
  4. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

You did amazing last night! I wonder what he has in store for you today? Hopefully another visit to the lagoon.

JaxBenji likes this.
  5. JaxBenji

Chocolate. Chocolate. Chocolate. ;)

Butters & Lyla and tiffmaxee like this.
  6. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

He’s already on the move. He likes the pj parties!

JaxBenji likes this.
  7. JaxBenji

Thanks again Elise! And yup already on the move - he may hit green during the day. And it seems like a lot of kitties party at night :cat:

8. JaxBenji

Hi - Jax is dropping again for PMPS. We are at +10 and he's at 83. I gave a t of MC 15% and a t of his usual 2%.

Yesterday, he dropped to 55 for PMPS and we managed fine but he was in the 80s at +11 (rather than +10).

Any advice on how to proceed?
    @tiffmaxee @Wendy&Neko

9. JaxBenji

@Sue and Luci I think I see you online - do you have words of wisdom?

I pretty sure Jax will be pretty low again at preshot. If >50, shoot again and monitor? If <50, I'll give some HC but then do I shoot at all?

10. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Looks like you're one of the lucky ones whose cat likes to have nadir at PMPS...

As long as you're up for it, and Jax is above 50 you can shoot....then keep an eye on him, just like last night. Plenty of MC/HC and test strips on hand. Karo is needed for any fancy diving routines...

You ok with that?

JaxBenji likes this.
  11. JaxBenji

Okay thanks for looking :) Yup we are good on food and I went to walmart today for more test strips so all stocked up! I have Karo and honey too. I'll just wait and see what his pre-shot will be. If less than 50, I'll give a t of HC and post (well I'll post either way but clearly i'm nervous about <50 :)).

Butters & Lyla likes this.
  12. Sue and Luci

I hear ya...looks like your buddy Jax likes to save all the fun stuff for later in the day...I understand that a lot of kitties on Levimer will do that...but so far not Luci...she doesn't read any of the darn rules about how this is supposed to work...

You've got a good plan! And you know what the no-shoot number is.

If it's above 50 say out loud - shoot low to stay low...:D:D

JaxBenji likes this.
  13. JaxBenji

I channeled you last night for sure! At least I've done a 55 now. It DOES get easier.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  14. Sue and Luci

Yes, it does...I crave those green AM/PM pre-shots...and Luci deprive me of that just about daily...Lucky you!

It's a bit nerve wracking...but you did a wonderful job last night - hope that you continue to have this experience! It means Jax is spending more time in that healing lagoon!

JaxBenji likes this.
  15. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

You might want to read that sticky note on shooting lower numbers. If below 50 at preshot (but above 40), try a short stall first to see if Jax comes up. If not, then try LC. It's the end of the cycle and the insulin should be wearing off so you shouldn't need as many carbs. And if you give HC, then you've got a lot longer wait until you can see if it's safe to shoot. Neko used to wake me up with numbers in the 40's way too often. :rolleyes: She always came up with a 15 minutes stall.

JaxBenji likes this.
  16. JaxBenji

PMPS 62 - gave his 2.25 units and gave a similar appetizer as last night *2t MC (15%), 2T LC. I'll test in 30 from PMPS to see which way we are going :)

Thank you! I've read the sticky that but he seems to go down especially between AMPS+10 and PMPS and then the first 3 hours of the PM cycle. I really don't think he'd come up...but I guess I won't know until it happens :) Do you happen to know why Jax likes greens at PMPS? I mean I'm glad he's getting them, I just didn't know if there was an explanation (I like data and reason :) both of which kitties challenge lol).

Thank you Sue! I am having to constantly remind myself how good these numbers are and how other kitties wish for them. I hope Luci is listening - I admire your love for her :bighug:

17. JaxBenji

Should be a good night. My anxiety likes the 60s right now better than 50s.

+0.5 68 *I kind goofed and wasn't going to feed but fed anyway (habit I think) - just 2t LC. And for PMPS his appetizer 2t MC and 2t LC (not 2T LC)-just keeping track for myself :)

18. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

My girl liked to nadir late, especially on Levemir when it was often at preshot, or as late as a few hours later. When cats are breaking bounces they nadir later. Looks like Jax has some nice numbers at night, a little mini bounce (I called them bouncette's) during the day, then slide down to PMPS in time for more night time action.

JaxBenji likes this.
  19. JaxBenji

Thank you! This really resonated with me! I see it now and his little bounce from last night's trip to the lagoon but then he came down all day today. Got it!

20. tiffmaxee

I told you he likes pj parties. I never saw your tag. Wonder why.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
    JaxBenji likes this.
  21. JaxBenji

This party is not nearly as exciting as last night but that's okay - I'll take it! I didn't totally get that Jax was mini-bouncing down all day until Wendy said it but now I see it (& see that this is how he operates right now). And I did the snack right at +10 (not 11 lol) - though maybe I'll try a little less MC next time.

Question - He's still rising (+2 77) - he hasn't had any food since +1 except for a 100% freeze dried chicken treat at +2. I'll test at +3 and assuming he's still rising, I'll just give the rest of his dinner and rest. Am I on the right track (it would be 2 hours w/out food except for that treat)?

Also about the tag - I had a missed tag a few days ago (never got an alert) - I went and un-checked and re-checked my settings to see if that helped and I did get a tag the next time someone mentioned me. Maybe try that? Or maybe the board was just being wonky.

22. tiffmaxee

The two hour thing is really about when the bg has been low and close to hypo numbers and you are trying to get them back up. You want to make sure the bg will stay up without food. Otherwise if you think he’s reached nadir and at a safe level you can stop testing at any point. You don’t need two hours without food. Some set an auto feeder to give a snack around +5 and go to sleep. Does that make sense?

JaxBenji likes this.
  23. tiffmaxee

I meant to see go to sleep before +5.

24. JaxBenji

Oh gotcha - yes that makes sense. I think his snacks of MC helped him stay up a little bit though he's still having a green good run. I'm pretty sure his nadir was PMPS

And my auto feeder is coming - on a truck somewhere - so until then I am the auto feeder :) I think I'll get a +6 and check on him.

Oh yeah totally got it - I think I'll do a +6 since I'm the auto feeder.

Hope you had a wonderful day!

tiffmaxee and Butters & Lyla like this.
  25. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

"Professional Auto Feeder" has a nice ring to it. Put it on the resume.
    Safe surfing for Jax, tonight. And hopefully some sleep for you.

26. JaxBenji

+3 67 *2t LC

Apparently Jax wanted to remind me he will do what he wants. So he'll keep surfing. I'll test again in an hour :)

Haha - "Professional Auto Feeder - Must pay in blood".

tiffmaxee likes this.
  27. tiffmaxee

That’s why I always like a +3 or with Max it was more like +2.5. I never learned anything from a +1. Any m&m’s left?

JaxBenji likes this.
  28. JaxBenji

I ate them all :banghead: but I did have a cup of ice cream! It's okay on the m&m front - having last night's experience makes this one much easier! live and learn and keep remembering the darn cat is in charge :cat:

tiffmaxee likes this.
  29. JaxBenji

+4 69 *2t LC

Surf away, Jax :D will test in another hour.

30. tiffmaxee

No rest for you yet.

JaxBenji likes this.
  31. JaxBenji

+5 76 *2t LC

Andddd, I'll test in another hour. Last time he got to the 70s, it must have been the MC catching up.

32. tiffmaxee

Another beautiful cycle. Jax,it’s okay to surf during the day. Just saying.

JaxBenji likes this.
  33. JaxBenji

+6 96 *2t LC

Squeezed in one more green. I think I'll test in 2 hours at +8.

A great cycle! Another PJ party in the books ;)

34. JaxBenji

Well that was a fun run :D at +8, he's up to 139.

35. tiffmaxee

You could have stopped at +6.