? 9/1 Tigger 285 AMPS 242 +6 263 +9 273 PMPS loss of appetite/little sluggish?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Breanna H, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Breanna H

Breanna H Member

Previous post
    Upped Tigger to 7.5u this AM.
    When I came down to do my usual routine, I noticed he still had food in his auto feeder. When I took the lid off, he only ate 1 of 3 snacks, which for him, is so unusual. He sleeps either next to or with his head on his feeder, waiting.
    I also had to convince him to eat some of his breakfast by putting chicken treats on it, which is also strange. He also has seemed more sluggish the past two days.

Does anyone think it could be related to the switch to levemir? Being a little sluggish and loss of appetite? Should I go back to lantus?

I've had such bad luck in my life recently, I'm only expecting the worst. Hopefully he's just having a little phase and it gets better. :(
    Hope everyone is having a better morning.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2020
  2. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

Hi! Just here to say hang in there and to bump up your post. Tigger is adorable!

Breanna H likes this.
  3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I've never heard of anyone commenting about Levemir making their cat feel sluggish or off their food. Not saying it's impossible, just not seen it. The other possibility is that his body is recognizing that this isn't enough insulin because of the dose reduction when you switched. I would stick with Levemir for now.

Breanna H likes this.