9/10 Butters AMPS 146/+2 185/+4.5 176/+ 7 117/+10 68/+11 85/PMPS 81/+1 131/+2.5 115/

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Butters & Lyla, Sep 10, 2020.

1. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Yesterday I shot a BCS (.875u) in the evening because of Butters dropping between +10 and PMPS, in spite of me feeding her a snack at +10. I stalled at PMPS and she continued to drop. I've read about that happening often enough, but I guess I needed to experience it for myself. Lesson learned!

Butters stayed at the beach overnight and is still at the beach this morning. She has been pouting loudly in front of the fridge because the continuous stream of MC and HC snacks was halted :mad::rolleyes:.

Not sure if I have even seen the effects from the reduced dose, yet. We'll see what happens today.

Have a lovely day/evening, all!

2. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

Maybe Butters is on her way back down :D She knows it's still your cat-cation! Hope you and Butters have a great day!

3. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Aww poor baby...maybe a little snack then, mama? Some LC or a treat?

Glad you had a good night! You did a great job last night and she's got a great number this morning. Maybe a little more time today in the lagoon Miss Butters? Might earn you a goodie or two :)

4. Butters & Lyla

Butters is overjoyed that someone feels sorry for her; clearly she's being starved.:D:D Lol. She got some LC, but it doesn't taste nearly as good as all of that carb-laden gravy.

It's not looking that way.:( 185 @+2. I ruined cat-cation 2020. Hopefully she gets back on track. Until then, I'll start working on my to-do list.

thebigfuzz likes this.
  5. JaxBenji

Oh no, it's not ruined! Remember, you are gathering data and experience :bighug: Plus, that to-do list has to get done at some point ;)

6. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

But of a food bump perhaps?

Butters & Lyla likes this.
  7. thebigfuzz

thebigfuzz Well-Known Member

Poor Butters :(

8. Butters & Lyla

LOL.

176 @+4.5
    Maybe a bounce in there, too?

9. LindyNova

LindyNova Well-Known Member

Yep, I would say a combo of both food bump & mini-bounce. Also, could be a bit of meter variance on the 50pmps. Looking at your SS, BG @ +1/2 are usually higher than preshot number except when you will have an active cycle--that's good data. You're doing a great job & soon you will know when you can shoot at that 50.

I'm curious as to why you took a reduction on 9/2 and not on 9/8....I have been told to take a reduction under 50 until Nova was at least a year in.....

10. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Yep. A bounce. Go do something fun.

11. Butters & Lyla

117 @+7
    I was actually on my way out to do just that. I may have to curtail my plans.

A number of factors played into that decision on 9/8:
    Her 47 was on a bounce breaking cycle, and I learned that reductions earned during these cycles often don't hold well.
    I didn't have to do too much to get her right back up above the 50. Normally I'll have to work very hard to keep her above 50 when she wants a reduction.
    I had already recently taken a reduction from the 1.75u to 1.5u (on 9/2), and then had to go back up to 1.75u eight cycles later. I believe I've had other times where she hasn't held a reduction. So she may be a cat that doesn't hold them well.

There was discussion with @Sue and Luci and @Wendy&Neko about whether to reduce or not when I got the 47. Ultimately, I decided to hold her dose and wait for her to really show me that she wants to reduce.

And thanks for the observation on my spreadsheet numbers, and encouragement! I'm always trying to figure out what the numbers are telling me, so having people with more experienced eyes say what they're seeing is very helpful. :)

12. LindyNova

LindyNova Well-Known Member

I like to help if I can..usually I stumble over my words o_O...we have been up and down in dosing many times kind of hoping to end that soon, and start with the 3 under 50. :)

Go have a bit of fun......that 117 does not seem too intimidating to me for today...she might be in the greens by pmps.

Butters & Lyla and Sue and Luci like this.
  13. Sue and Luci

@LindyNova and @Butters & Lyla - Both of you have a good grasp of what to do when...

The thing about all of this, is it's not an exact science. You've got to be willing to experiment a bit, learn what foods affect their blood sugars when they're falling...and to be able to monitor is important. So with a bit of up/down and increases and decreases the goal here is to get these kitties used to those lower numbers - whatever it takes - and sometimes it's a bit nerve wracking to be sure - but the longer kitty gets to stay in the lagoon and on the beach, the less bouncing will happen.

Butters looks like she's handling the lower numbers like a real champ! Nova is doing quite well also! It is a lot of work, but oh so worth it if you can fend off those bounces by testing/feeding the curve and helping them hold those sharks at bay while allowing them to surf along in those lovely lower numbers.

Now, if I could just convince Luci to come out and play with your kitties instead of with that darn lemon tree! I think it's the dangling lemons that seem to put a spell on her every morning and night..she's looking at them with her yellow eyes...must be something appealing about them to her...

Have a wonderful afternoon ladies!

14. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Not bad numbers today with the reduced shot last night. Butters will get back on track.

15. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Hi there Lyla I hope you got some rest today. Nice blues for Butter's
    I hope tonight will be an easy night for you :bighug::cat:

16. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

17. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

You are right, the impacts are often seen in later cycles. The depot got messed with. But Butters will get back on track soon enough.

18. Butters & Lyla

It will be interesting to see what the impact of that reduced dose actually looks like, and if I'm able to identify it.
    Given that the impacts of the BCS aren't seen for a while, if I had yesterday evening to do over I think I would have shot the full dose and not bothered stalling. Perhaps that would've made more sense. I can't change what I did, but I can know better for the future.

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.
  19. Butters & Lyla

68 @+10.
    Fed 1 tsp MC (13%) and 1 tsp LC as a snack.

20. Wendy&Neko

Every cycle is a do-over. You gathered data and learned something, so all good.
    I was kind of expecting that. :D Pull up Butters!

21. Sue and Luci

Seriously! There she goes again!!!

Ride it out Butters...stop making your mama work so hard!

I think she's reading over your shoulder? And is giving you another chance - a 'do-over' shall we say?

22. Butters & Lyla

Every day that Butters has good numbers does feel like an experiment of sorts. I had been calling it our own post FD-dx version of "Goldilocks and the Three Bears", in which Butters is Goldilocks, and the MC, LC and HC foods are the different types of porridge. I have to find the one that is "just right", except, the "just right" porridge type constantly changes hour by hour.
    But yeah maybe I should just call it an experiment. :D

23. JaxBenji

Another example why we need the laughing with tears emoji. Hope Butters is behaving for you :)

24. Wendy&Neko

The previous version of the board had a lot more emojis. I miss some of them.

JaxBenji and Diane Tyler's Mom like this.
  25. Butters & Lyla

I can think of a few I'd like to see.
    She seems to be rising:
    131 @ +1. Big food bump, perhaps? Or another bounce?

26. Butters & Lyla

115 @+2.5 I fed her 2.5 tsp LC because she needs food.

She has been so irritable today and very vocal. Hopefully it is a mood and tomorrow she is back to her lap-loving self.
    Also more active today than I've seen her in a long time: running between the front and back windows over and over.
    Will be doing regular spot checks overnight. Hoping for a green.