? 9/10 Henri AMPS 392 can anyone explain to me whats happening on my spreadsheet & TR

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Katie_Waz, Sep 10, 2020.

1. Katie_Waz

Katie_Waz Member

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OG2DE6K4Qn7i8E1vlvwgISq4hp_Pv9_8b-80OdX7zts/edit?usp=sharing

Hello all, I am new here. Can anyone explain to me what's happening in this spreadsheet? She has been doing so well for the past 4 weeks or so and this morning (after being in the blue early early morning)he AMPS was almost up to 400. Should I be concerned? Her mood is a little cranky and it was a struggle to get 66 calories into her for breakfast before work. Just wondering what your thoughts were.

Also, I think I understand the basics of TR but where to I find the specifics about dosing guidelines and feeding in relation to them?

2. LindyNova

LindyNova Well-Known Member

I am bumping your post----I hope you hear from someone who has experience with Henri's complications. But from what I do see, it looks like she is reacting to the insulin and then her body says...woah hold on there!...and bounces back to where it's comfortable.

tiffmaxee likes this.
  3. Katie_Waz

Katie_Waz Member

Ok...thanks! I wasn't sure bc her numbers had been so good for a few days.

What is bumping the post?

4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Hi. She’s getting into lower numbers than she is used to and then she bounces back up. Bounces can take six cycles to clear. It’s normal.

When someone isn’t getting responses another person will write something, even just bounce, so the post draws more attention by going to the top of the board.

LindyNova and Katie_Waz like this.
  5. Katie_Waz

Katie_Waz Member

Ah...ok

Thanks!

She did have a low drop last week i think? I didn't realize the bounce could last so long...i figured it was over lol

Thanks for explaining the post thing! Im so technologically illiterate lol

6. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

She bounced after 9/7 and then again after she saw more blue. So two bounces. As they get used to lower bg many cats recover faster and faster. If I’m right about two bounces the recovery didn’t take too long. He bounced earlier from the greens so that makes at least three times.

Katie_Waz likes this.
  7. LindyNova

Katie_Waz likes this.
  8. Katie_Waz

Katie_Waz Member

Thanks for the explanation! I didn't realize all of those were bounces!

LindyNova likes this.
  9. Katie_Waz

Katie_Waz Member

LindyNova likes this.
  10. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

With as much as you're able to test, I'd encourage you to consider the Tight Regulation Protocol for dosing. Please let us know if you have questions about either dosing method.

Katie_Waz likes this.
  11. Katie_Waz

Katie_Waz Member

I read abut about the tight regulation but I don't really understand what I have to do in order to follow it. I think id prefer that though.

12. LindyNova

The main thing in following the TR protocol is that reductions are taken at lower numbers and in fewer cycles. Increases are are more frequent as well. Meaning you don't hold a dose for too long..usually 3-6 CYCLES at most 10. You are testing enough, you feed wet food only, not too much to change. You will get a lot of expert help with the dosing (not from me tho--not comfortable with that yet) Post frequently with your test #s and the experienced folks will guide you through it. :)

My advice is to read and read more...and re-read again when in doubt. You'll get comfortable with the protocol over time and hopefully used to the healing green numbers when they are more frequent.

Katie_Waz likes this.
  13. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Hi Katie, Often the board is crowded with new posts...by the minute and without a date, etc. the ones with just plain old questions - even though they may be important - often fall to the bottom of the board...which appears what happened to your post today.

If you could please, edit your title today and format it like this: 9/10 Henri AMPS 345 -
    can anyone explain to me whats heppening on my spreadsheet & TR

So it has the date, cats name and AMPS numbers...it'll help it stay in with today's posts...

You can edit your title today by clicking on the link that's just a little to the right of your title...and then change it accordingly..

Here's an explanation about why we ask. PSA - Please read Thank you

Katie_Waz likes this.
  14. Katie_Waz

Katie_Waz Member

Thank you! I didnt realize. Ill edit it in a bit...still at work !md it's hard from my phone lol

15. Katie_Waz

Katie_Waz Member

There's so much i want to read but I feel like I haven't slept since all this happened and I have no energy :-(

hopefully I'll be able to get a good 4 hours in a clip and feel refreshed

thanks for the info!
    Thank you

LindyNova likes this.
  16. LindyNova

I know the feeling all too well. Take care! :bighug:(and give yourself a break now and again when you see those pinks & yellows --I'm sure Henri would like a pokie break now and again too--you have to take care of yourself in order to take care of Henri)

Sue and Luci likes this.
  17. Katie_Waz

Katie_Waz Member

very true. I was getting a little more sleep during the pink and yellow but I'm new to the blue and while I know the numbers are good numbers...they scare me a bit bc of the one night she dropped so quickly into the green. My goal today Is getting her to eat enough. I think I can figure out a schedule where my husband can help test her and I can get some solid sleep. I'm so lucky she doesnt even flinch 90% of the time when we test her or give her insulin. but she sure does get cranky with me if she gets food in her fir that I have to pick out lol

Life with cats lol

Sue and Luci and LindyNova like this.