9/10 Lucky AMPS 352 dose increase?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by allison snyder, Sep 10, 2020.

1. allison snyder

allison snyder Member

Should I increase dose by .25? Also, am I correct in that his numbers seem to be going up with the increases or is this normal until the right dose is found? Thanks

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

3. allison snyder

allison snyder Member

4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Not saved. Try again. I saw you wrote it was added though.

5. allison snyder

allison snyder Member

I added again and saved a few times.

6. allison snyder

allison snyder Member

Ok..If I wanted to change to the TR method, am I currently testing enough to do so? Also, do his numbers seem to be going up and staying higher, with the dose increases?

7. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

TR requires feeding all low carb wet food or raw - you are doing that. It also requires testing at least twice per cycle, the preshot plus one other. So if you want to switch, you need to make sure you get a before bed test each and every night, then you could switch to TR and increase immediately.

What you see as higher numbers, I see as bounces because Lucky is starting to see more blues, numbers he's not used to. Some of those higher mornings, there was just a PMPS test then no other the night before. I rather suspect he might have seen more blues those nights. The good news is that more blues are showing up. :) Until recently it was all pinks and yellows, so you are seeing progress.

8. allison snyder

allison snyder Member

Thank you for your response. I suspected, he has been dropping lower at night. I set my alarm last night to check at +6. Trying to find his overnight nadir and will try a different time tonight.

I can definitely do the before bed shot every night and will switch to TR. I have my emergency kit just in case.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  9. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I looks like Lucky is bouncing today from last night's blues. Not sure a +6 overnight will tell you much. If you get a +2 or a +3 tonight and a decent drop from PMPS, then you can set the alarm for +6. Otherwise, save it for another night. If the +2 is lower than the preshot - it's often an indicator of a more active cycle. Another thing to consider, not all cats nadir at +6. As he sees more lower numbers, it will become more evident when Lucky likes to nadir. I see a couple examples 9/3 AM and last night, where he nadired earlier.

allison snyder likes this.