9/10 Moe: amps=102;+2=79;+6=151; pmps=145;+2=100;+4=95

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Erin and Moe (GA), Sep 10, 2020.

1. Erin and Moe (GA)

Erin and Moe (GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday: https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...-129-pmps-109-2-70-3-5-57-4-5-64-7-96.234981/

Good morning. Moe’s amps is 102. I decreased his dose this morning to 6.25. I know he hasn’t technically “earned” a decrease but given that he’s started dropping 50 or more points after his shot, I can’t risk a hypo while there is no one home to monitor him. Just trying to hold him steady for the next couple of weeks.

I hope everyone has a good day and kitties surf safely.

Sonia & Leo and Butters & Lyla like this.
  2. Erin and Moe (GA)

3. Erin and Moe (GA)

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Glad Moe is surfing safely.

5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Wise choice on the reduction to bring up those nadirs. If it is indeed the cabergoline working, or the tumour pressing pause, you do want to be cautious.

6. Erin and Moe (GA)

PMPS is 145. And I totally forgot that I was reducing his dose and shot 6.5 units just now. :banghead:

Oh well, I can keep an eye on him tonight.

Wendy, do you know what cabergoline actually does? Does it stop or reverse tumor growth? Or just treat symptoms? I’m wondering if he’ll lose the pot belly and mouth / tongue issues.

7. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Cabergoline slows output of IGF-1 and I think growth hormone too. A better description is found here. I think Paula mentioned improvement in Olive's breathing which would be the throat issues.