9/10: Nova-amps 89; +1.5 114; +5.5 87; pmps 76; +5.5 45; +6 47; +6.5 63; +7 78

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LindyNova, Sep 10, 2020.

1. LindyNova

LindyNova Well-Known Member

ETA: yesterday

Nova sure does like her late swims in the lagoon. I'm pretty sure I'm doing the right thing by holding the dose. :cool::D

Last edited: Sep 10, 2020
  2. LindyNova

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nova is looking good. :D She hasn't gone under 50 so she hasn't earned a decrease.

LindyNova likes this.
  4. LindyNova

Yep, I'm liking the #s, and she is happy, playful & purry as well. So, a decrease is out unless she drops.....so:

Increasing the dose:

when your cat starts to see nadirs under 100, hold the dose for at least 10 cycles before increasing.

I'm way past the 10 cycles.....looking at my spreadsheet, do I have room for an increase or do I wait for her to come up more?

5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Here's the link to yesterday's post.

Seeing a 50 on this dose doesn't leave much room for an increase. I'd be inclined to hold a bit longer and see if she can maintain those nadirs. But be prepared to increase if they drift up. The other option, since the 3.5 got you into the 30's, is to see if you can just fatten the dose a bit.

Si am cat mom and LindyNova like this.
  6. LindyNova

Thanks, Wendy....and thanks for reminding me about the link to yesterday's post (I'm a bit groggy these mornings--I rolled over at +9 today and fell back asleep :rolleyes:)---I added it to my original post for today.

I am prepared to increase when needed.....hard to fatten a quarter dose, but I can try if I see her nadirs rising.

7. LindyNova

Geeez Louise! I just mention an increase in passing.... and she showed me what she wanted!!! :eek::cat:

thebigfuzz likes this.
  8. thebigfuzz

thebigfuzz Well-Known Member

All good? I see you got a 47 at next test...did you do the LC/MC mix again, or something different? I’m up for a while to see if Cosmo wants to dropsie if you need anything

:bighug:

LindyNova likes this.
  9. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

She sure did! :D:cool:

LindyNova and thebigfuzz like this.
  10. LindyNova

So far so good....MC fed at +6....shes' waiting not-so-patiently for more. I have HC at the ready if she defies her current carb sensitivity. T-15 for next test.

Good thing I started a new book! Couldn't go back to sleep in an hour or so if I tried.:joyful:

Last edited: Sep 11, 2020
    thebigfuzz likes this.
  11. LindyNova

63@6.5, no more food...next test @ +7 :D

thebigfuzz likes this.
  12. thebigfuzz

Definitely responds well :):D:)

LindyNova likes this.
  13. LindyNova

For sure. :) she is still looking at me like, what?? I want more of that chunky gravy food!! Her MC is the 10% DM food left over from the vet. (and just got a lick on my ankle to boot!)

thebigfuzz likes this.
  14. thebigfuzz

I imagine it’s like when humans give up carbs...and then the first time in a while that you have bread, and pasta and bread LOL :woot:

LindyNova likes this.
  15. LindyNova

Been there, and need to do it again soon....I drooled at pasta dishes.:woot:

thebigfuzz likes this.
  16. LindyNova

78 @ +7. It's going on 2 am here, so I fed her a bit of 5% LC to hold her over before I get up at +/- 5:30. If I fall asleep quickly (fat chance) I know I won't be able to get up and test even with an alarm. Fingers crossed she surfs the lagoon for the rest of the nighttime....her favorite thing to do lately! We'll see what kind of a bounce she gets tomorrow. Hopefully just some higher blues.

Thanks for the company! @thebigfuzz :)

thebigfuzz likes this.