~~9/11 Harley PMPS 340, +2.5 343

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Harley and Pattie, Sep 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harley and Pattie

Harley and Pattie Well-Known Member

Have nothing to say today. Reviewing Harley's ss, he has never had so many reds and this cannot be good. Don't know what to do and am trying to wrap my head around the suggestion of increasing his insulin.

Pattie

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=24599

2. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Re: ~~9/11 Harley 369

harley is simply bouncing from the green. his body isn't used to such low numbers. if you look at his ss, he hasn't been green since july. the high numbers are to be expected. it's been over 72 hours since the last green. let's see where he goes today. you may be pleasantly surprised...

3. Harley and Pattie

I know Jill, can you tell I am tired. I test and pray as the number counts down and then become disappointed when I see high stuff. Sorry, don't mean to ***** but this has been a long, hard road which I am sure many have gone before me.

Pattie

4. Jill & Alex (GA)

(((pattie)))
    it's very, very hard not to get attached to the numbers. i find it almost impossible so i understand. it makes it harder when you're dealing with a cat on a high dose because it takes a longer amount of time to get to that dose... more ups and downs. what you're feeling is natural, but we can't "hurry up" the process much more than what you're doing. kwim?

i do think an increase is needed. let's see how today goes. tonight might be the time to add some onto the dose...

5. Harley and Pattie

Since I am not at home at all today, tonight would be much better to increase. I am also home all day tomorrow.

Pattie

6. mybuddybinks

mybuddybinks Well-Known Member

hoping for good numbers and some good rest for you tonight, pattie.

celi
    & binks

7. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

Hang in there Patty the bouncing is so hard to get used to for us Beans Do Lou is a bouncy boy he is just now (anti-jinx) starting to slow down on bouncing but we have been on insulin since Nov of last year (not always lantus) but just wanted to let you know that it can just take such a long time for the cats body to adjust when it starts to hit those lower numbers give Harley time it will happen for you (((((hugs)))) for support I know how frustrating it is

8. Jill & Alex (GA)

grab any spot checks you can today, k?
    depending on how things go, an increase tonight may be a good idea...

9. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

((Pattie))

It's sometimes hard to keep plugging away at treating FD. It's especially hard when you see some of the kitties who spend 3 weeks here and are OTJ. I know I would stare at Gabby's SS and wonder what I was doing wrong. You know you are doing everything you can. If anyone here thought you were on the wrong track, we'd say something. Some kitties are just more of a challenge. In addition, you have a steroid on board. That will always make managing diabetes a little more complicated and it may take more insulin.

10. Harley and Pattie

I know you are right in this but today just seems more frustrating. Maybe it is because it is the weekend, I have to go to something I don't want to and it is taking me away from being at home.

+3 314

Pattie

11. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: ~~9/11 Harley 369, +3 314

Good luck with that today Pattie...I hope it works out for you...
    I hate doing things I really don't want to do.
    Good that he is making his way down now...

12. Harley and Pattie

Re: ~~9/11 Harley 369, +3 314

ok, I hope I did right. Got home and tested at +11.25 268, now he is 340 (bounce??) and I shot 7.5. Help me with what I do to stop the bounce. Should I feed a little LC at +4 and +8 or just something at +6?

AMPS 369
    +3 314
    +4 284
    +11.25 268
    PMPS 369

Pattie

13. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Re: ~~9/11 Harley PMPS 340 - shot 7.5 Right?

I'm glad you increased Harley's dose. He has plenty of room for the increase.

Unfortunately food won't stop the bounce, the only thing that will stop bounces is time (the time it takes Harley to get used to the low numbers). The insulin increase will help too, because it gives him more insulin to hopefully help keep those high numbers from being quite so high. Just feed him normally, he will be ok.

Yes, Harley is getting red, but he is also getting more blue and even some green. :smile:

14. mybuddybinks

mybuddybinks Well-Known Member

Hey, girl...we are sending all the positive thoughts we have for you and harley to have an easier time with this!

celi & binks

15. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

(((Pattie))) I hope this dose increase will give Harley some blues and greens soon. And I also hope his body gets used to the lower numbers and will bounce less and less. You are giving Harley the best care possible. He is lucky to have you for his momma bean.

16. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Good job...hoping that this dose will help him see what he is missing....he should be feeling better in the lower numbers and maybe he will really want to find his way back there!

17. Harley and Pattie

Harley is only 343 at +2.5. Usually he would be 380's. I plan to keep testing all night or at least until I fall asleep.

Pattie

18. Jill & Alex (GA)

glad you went ahead with the increase. c'mon, harley! let's see what you can do with it!

19. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Pattie, I'm not an advice giver, just wanted to let you know I care, and understand being discouraged at times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.