9/11 Makoto AMPS 105, +4 85, +6 70, +8 111 PMPS 200

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Si am cat mom, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Si am cat mom

Si am cat mom Well-Known Member

Happy Friday :)
    Thinking about a full reduction...those 70s that he's been hitting during the day cycles are borderline too low and do seem to make him quite hungry. He got some MC food today with the +6...and then wanted more food.
    I think the side of his chest injections have much faster absorption, so I'm trying to catch some mid day test (I am usually sleeping during the day since I'm on overnights at the hospital).
    I'll shoot for flat 100s until my assignment is up and we head back home in a few weeks.

Safe surfing to all the kitties.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Not sure if it is the dental or the higher dose (or both) but his numbers are really looking better these days. Not so many pinks and yellows! :)

Si am cat mom likes this.
  3. Si am cat mom

I think moving our injections sites around put us in the greens. As soon as we started shooting on the side of his chest- we got much better duration and flatter cycles. I think I'll have to go down to 1.25 soon. I've had to prop him up with MC food still...

4. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Interesting...I didn't think the injection site made a difference!

5. Si am cat mom

Definitely does...certain areas have more blood vessels and capillaries to carry the insulin faster. Also, if you inject into or near the scruff area and then the cat starts to develop scar tissue, it can delay insulin delivery or cause fluctuations in duration. The injection site post talks a bit about delivery and why rotating is so important. Our internists told me about better options too since I can't use his flank area

Bandit's Mom likes this.