9/13 Alice AMPS 114 +3.35 47 +4.3 77 +5.5 43 +6.4 111 +8.6 104, PMPS 229* +3.5 145

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by AliceMeowliss (GA), Sep 13, 2020.

1. AliceMeowliss (GA)

AliceMeowliss (GA) Well-Known Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...5-2-4-239-4-5-187-peeing-blood-er-vet.235141/

yesterday was too eventful.

however both last night and today, Alice is chirpy, cheerful, purry, cuddling and laying on my chest a lot..
    Her fur looks and feels clean
    Her eyes are bright
    I think she has just barely plumped up a little, too. She feels a little more solid than she did last week.

hind legs are still a tad weak, but she can jump onto the bed not just half jump then climb, like she was doing for a bit.

she hit a little hypo and I gave a couple drops syrup. I had just fed her again but her meals are small right now with all the water mixed in.

Since she evacuated what seemed the antiretroviral off her bowels last night :p I wonder how long I’ll be waiting for her next bowel movement.

I am beyond exhausted today. Oof.

910A678A-9178-4A53-BD3B-7B4987ECDC25.jpeg

2. Panic

Panic Well-Known Member

Hang in there! I'm sure Alice appreciates you going above and beyond for her. :bighug: will be watching for updates.

AliceMeowliss (GA) likes this.
  3. AliceMeowliss (GA)

Ordering some Now Foods D-Mannose for her.

gave Cerenia, some Cosequin

4. AliceMeowliss (GA)

Urine results from last night:

Ketones 15??

Attached Files:

5. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Lots of vines for dear Alice. Lots of :bighug::bighug::bighug:s for you.

6. AliceMeowliss (GA)

Since I know people all over the west coast may have to evacuate, I wanted to share this thing I just saw, it’s an awesome idea.

8F7C7015-A362-4380-970E-D1723A7DCB94.jpeg

7. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Alice's picture looks a little brighter today. I hope things continue to improve for her.

We don't have to evacuate, but there is no way I want to go outside. The air is nasty out here. :( On the up side, the cloth mask I made for COVID is supposed to be the best kind for protection from smoke. :rolleyes:

8. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

She is so precious , I hope she feels better :bighug::cat:

9. Tom & Thomas (GA)

Tom & Thomas (GA) Member

Always happy to see Alice perking up again. And looking so good.

Hope you can get yourself some rest and restoration, Cassandra.

10. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Glad to hear she’s doing better Cassandra sending prayers and vibes to her as she continues to feel better and yes get some rest, she looks really good

11. AliceMeowliss (GA)

I have friends in northern CA worrying about all the community cats around them and trying to create a bit of shelter for them. Poor animals have to be in it. :( Heard from family in Portland that it’s bad even indoors.

At least for this round of fires you have the mask! *Insert weird 2020 bitter chuckle here*

12. AliceMeowliss (GA)

Alice cropped up with a 43 later. I gave a lot more syrup than the first time and got a good sized meal into her.
    (I know by protocol I should have tested within 20-30 minutes after that but I think I waited a few extra because of the food and also because I have adhd and got distracted after her next test alarm went off :facepalm: of course if I hadn’t gotten much food into her my anxiety would have had me hovering like a helicopter.)

two hypos above 40 in one cycle still only counts as one hypo towards dose decrease for long term diabetics, right? It’s three cycles, not three individual times?

hope I phrased my question intelligibly. My brain is mush. Last night’s stress is today’s pain and fatigue flare, with brain fog cherries on top! :p

I need to do fluids with her next snack. Can I just say I really dislike doing subq fluids? I dislike it.
    I’ll do fluids and food at last call snack before preshot fasting, then antibiotic during fasting.

Her purebites beef liver arrived. I crumbled a just speck of it onto her food and she was very pleased.

I had a suggestion to get d-mannose for her bladder/urinary health, a small bottle of that has been ordered and will be here Tuesday.

next supply I need is a probiotic. One that isn’t fortiflora or Imuquin.

oh I also have 1/8 tsp miralax I measured out PM 9/11 that I am very slowly doling out (for fear of negative effects on hydration). She got the tiniest tiniest speck of that this evening too.

A pull at the scruff indicates she is still dehydrated. Every meal has been made into a watery soup.

13. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

If you find she's hard to get up and keep up, in spite of carbs, she could be telling you she really needs a reduction. If not that case, the count of three 40-49's is on separate days.

14. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

That cute little face is everything! She's such a sweetheart and she has the best momma bean. She does look like she is doing better.
    I hope you can find some time to rest today. :bighug:

15. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Alice continues to improve. I hope you feel better soon and can get some rest. Sending prayers.

16. AliceMeowliss (GA)

Thanks that’s what I thought I remembered. We just started this increase. And she seemed to need it. But she has a raging infection and is getting subq fluids and I don’t know how all that is affecting her BGLs. Maybe a fat 0.5 would be better. Hmm.

in other news she got into a snack thirty minutes before preshot testing, which I am about to do. I forgot to pick up the dregs of her last feeding, she lately has t eaten unless I’ve put it in front of her.
    Maybe all that bowel action last night has freed up some space for her to be hungrier again. :facepalm:

Si am cat mom likes this.
  17. AliceMeowliss (GA)

229 with a small food influence.

I guess I’ll shoot the 0.75u. She seems hungry tonight. :)

18. AliceMeowliss (GA)

I think getting the pure bites freeze dried beef liver was a really good idea because she is much more food motivated now :D

Si am cat mom likes this.
  19. AliceMeowliss (GA)

She isn’t looking very bright eyed tonight. :\
    She is urinating.
    She got up to eat out of her own interest, this has been very infrequent this month, until today. The liver is A+. She hasn’t had a good treat in her food pantry since we cut off poultry and fish. I’m crumbling less than a 1/8 of a piece on each bowl of soup, the smell is enough.

Oh, she had about 80mL LRS (last of bag 1) this evening. She had Mirataz. She had potassium gel supplement. She continues to have aluminum hydroxide with each meal. Cerenia was given a couple hours prior to antibiotic. The dropper that came with the Clavamox for her is absolutely insufferable. Fills with bubbles, can’t get dose measured out right very easily. Ugh. But she got oral dose 1 of that this evening. I think we are on track for the night, as long as I do a couple more checks and a few little feeds.

This bean is very, very tired, today.

I think Alice looks like she feels like crud tonight. She’s not jumping up on the bed with me. Sigh. Not sure how to help her feel better.

Sonia & Leo likes this.