9/13 Bruno psam: 97 +4:56 +7:74 +11: 79 pspm: 106

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by aochoa, Sep 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aochoa

aochoa Member

After my bad food decision a week ago. I fed a new food that include pre-biotics and I thought it was great, until I read pre-biotics might have some kind of fructosamine. I took him a couple of days to clear his high numbers and we are back to normal and greens!!!

This days are crazy for me, working more than 12 hours a day so I skipped pm shot last night but he was ok today. Will have to skip pm shots again Monday and Tuesday.

Some levemir users suggested I can try to shot once a day as a pre-OTJ trial, since he is on so little insulin 0.1u I think next Monday and Tuesday will be crucial to see if he is ready to go on trial or not. Wish us luck and for my crazy schedule to become normal again :D

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Hi Ana - Bruno is looking amazing on Lev. :mrgreen: Too bad about the higher carb food - so hard to know without the lab analysis on the foods.

I think it would be best to dose twice a day if you can. The skip on the AM cycle of 10/09 looks like Bruno still needs a bit of insulin. The longer that you can give him that little bit of support (without him going below 50), the better for healing the pancreas. Another option is to try just a drop. Try counting how many drops are in your .1U measurement and see if you can do less than that.

3. aochoa

aochoa Member

Hi, Wendy. I agree on the 12/12 schedule. Even with so little insulin, I know he needs it, apparently we are facing a very lazy pancreas! :lol:

The problem is my work now. I have 2 events at night on Monday and Tuesday, they are my responsibility and there is no way I can miss them, which means I will be home 4 hours after shot time and I will not be able to shot a little earlier neither. And as flexible as Levemir is, at least more than lantus, I know shooting at +4 will mess up all our schedule.

The good part is that is only 2 days (maybe there will be a couple more days in the week)

As soon as my crazy work will settle down, we will get back to our schedule, hopefully with not a lot of damage.

We like Mr. Green! :mrgreen:

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Another option to skipping, if it works for you, is the 18 hours schedule. If you are home at +16 at night, wait until +18 to shoot. The next dose would be the next night 18 hours after that which would put you back on schedule. Might not work for 2 nights in a row though. Anyway, something to think about. Is there a schedule where you can do a dose more often than 24 hours? Or do the 18 hours schedule for one of the nights.

5. aochoa

aochoa Member

I haven't thought about the 18 hours cycle. Tuesday morning I will be able to shot later since I will start working around noon, but then Wednesday will need to go back to our schedule.

It is an option!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.