9/13 Butters PMPS 119/+2 128/+5 76/+7 77/+9 83/

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Butters & Lyla, Sep 13, 2020.

1. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Yesterday Overnight Butters visited the sharks, like so:
    86 @+2
    63 @+3 fed 2 tsp HC
    76 @+3.5 fed 1 tsp HC
    47 @+4 fed 2 tsp HC
    77 @+5 fed 1 tsp HC...and then surfed for the rest of the night and eventually went to the beach @+10.

This morning, I shaved her dose by .125u. New dose is 1.625u (2.44mm measured with calipers for my syringe type). Also, I think I am still waiting to see the impact on her numbers from the BCS I did seven cycles ago. Or maybe I missed it?

Have a lovely day/evening, all.

2. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

Yay Butters! She worked for that reduction :) Congrats! Hope you can take a nap today, Lyla (Butters, maybe a mini-bounce for mama to sleep?).

3. Butters & Lyla

Keep sending her that message please. :)

JaxBenji and jt and trouble (GA) like this.
  4. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Congrats on reduced!!!!

Butters & Lyla likes this.
  5. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Congrats on the reducie. The only thing I would have done differently was to not feed hc as soon as you did. Save it for under 50. I would have used lc or mc. The reduction would have been earned a little earlier in the cycle. We’re you trying to avoid a reduction?

6. Butters & Lyla

Not avoid it but I wanted her to really earn it. I'm on somewhat of a 3x below 50 plan and shaved reductions. Otherwise, she doesn't hold reductions well. @Sue and Luci and I had some discussion about this in a condo recently, too. @Wendy&Neko also weighed in.

Butters has finally been getting mainly green numbers lately and I'm pouring every ounce of energy I have into keeping her in greens. But I have been having to feed her curve with HC (21%) predominantly. Propping her up a lot to keep her from earning reductions, because I'm worried that reductions would send her straight back to higher numbers.

I don't know if there is a better way for her.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  7. thebigfuzz

thebigfuzz Well-Known Member

Oh my Butters, can we let mama sleep a little :bighug:

Congrats on the reduction!

8. Butters & Lyla

I am trying higher carb LC food now though....6% to 10%. Maybe that will help?

Sue and Luci and thebigfuzz like this.
  9. tiffmaxee

Very interesting that she needs hc. I also had to use 3 times under 50 starting around 7 months and shaved doses as well I just didn’t use hc. What % is your hc? It’s working as she looks great!

Sue and Luci and Butters & Lyla like this.
  10. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Congrats on the reducie. I hope Butters surfs safely today.

11. Butters & Lyla

I'm using 20% and 21%. My MC is 13%-15%.

Today I'm starting with a 10% LC and seeing if that makes any difference...maybe she won't drop as fast.

thebigfuzz likes this.
  12. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

There comes a point, when a cat's body seems to get it - and the last 5 days are sure different than the rest of that spreadsheet.:cool: When that happens, the healing is happening. The other thing that can go with that (time will tell), is some quicker changes in doses needed. That means you can get in a situation of an overfull depot if reductions are not taken when earned or if you fight really hard to prevent reductions. Since Butters is still a relatively newly diagnosed cat, her chances for healing are good. For safety's sake, you should not combine the technique of 3 times under 50 plus just shaving the dose when a reduction is earn. Pick one or the other.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
  13. Butters & Lyla

I misunderstood/misread from my previous condo that it was 3x under 50 OR shaving the dose when a reduction is earned. I will go with shaving the dose when a reduction is earned from a one time drop under 50. Thanks for clarifying that for me.

tiffmaxee likes this.
  14. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

You are right, maybe I wasn't clear, it is 3 times between 40 and 50 and a full 0.25 unit reduction or once under and a shaved dose. This is also for any lurkers, who might not go back and read your previous posts.

tiffmaxee and Butters & Lyla like this.
  15. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Afternoon Lyla, congrats on the reduction, Butters is looking so awesome
    I hope you can get some rest tonight :bighug::cat:

16. Butters & Lyla

I didn't mean to imply you were unclear.:) I misinterpreted! I hope she'll do better with the shaved reductions.

Normally Butters starts diving lower around +4.5 - +5, but she's been surfing in the 80s thusfar through +5. Maybe giving her the higher carb LC today is helping...or maybe the BCS is finally coming home to roost. lol. Regardless, I'm still not leaving the house today.
    I had no idea I would be this good at being a helicopter parent.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
  17. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

She's looking terrific...and for what it's worth to you and those who are watching this miracle unfold, 13-15% is considered Medium Carb.

So when I suggest a bit of MC along with a spoonful of LC that's what I'm referring to...just since we're clarifying thing today.

You and Butters are doing a bang up job here!

I know it's tiring at this point...but I commend you for sacrificing your weekends - and from the sound of it your weekdays AND your staycation too...to get her numbers really looking great.

It's not always fun, but the payoff can be your reward...it's just gonna take a lot of hovering and some sleepless nights. If you get too exhausted you can always reduce and feed her some higher carb food. Caregivers can get burned out too.

tiffmaxee likes this.
  18. tiffmaxee

So mc was given rather than hc. That makes more sense to me. Sometimes a little higher carbs but not as high as hc allows for a nice surf.

Butters & Lyla and Sue and Luci like this.
  19. Butters & Lyla

I was having to give HC 21% to get her to surf. Occasionally, I would use the odd tsp of MC but it was mostly HC.

ETA: I'm referring to yesterday's cycles being more HC heavy. Previous cycles I did use more of a mix of MC and HC to get her to surf.

20. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

21. Butters & Lyla

Seems to be going the wrong way now!
    119 @+10.

22. thebigfuzz

Maybe she is trying to let you sleep tonight :p

23. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

If you squint, the low 100s turn green :D But the day looks really nice even with the low blues! It was a very healing cycle!

24. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Pretty nice day there Butters! Don't go crazy now at the end of the cycle today...but maybe let mama sleep tonight?

Have a good evening Lyla!

tiffmaxee and Butters & Lyla like this.
  25. Butters & Lyla

Right answers! 128 @+2
    Seems she is feeling generous tonight and putting a short pause on catcation 2020 so I can get some zeds. :D

26. tiffmaxee

Shh! Don’t let her read this.

27. Butters & Lyla

Oh noooo. Where is the "no jinx".
    No jinx.

28. thebigfuzz

Shhhhh..... go to bed, go to bed! :nailbiting:

Butters & Lyla and tiffmaxee like this.
  29. tiffmaxee

Do t want to jinx things and have her bounce or drop. Just a superstition around here.

30. thebigfuzz

Butters looks like she had a nice safe evening :D

I hope you got a few naps in? :bighug: