9/13 Cosmo AMPS 425+2 454, +5 340, +6 328, +9 347, PMPS 461, +2 337, +4 214, +6.5 304

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by thebigfuzz, Sep 13, 2020.

1. thebigfuzz

thebigfuzz Well-Known Member

Yesterday:
    https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/9-12-cosmo-amps-533-3-544-pmps-560-2-470-bounce.235174/

Cosmo bounced all day yesterday, which was disheartening to see all the black on his SS :blackeye:
    He has been on a slow slide overnight into, what’s for him, a not bad start to the day today.

Our coffee table leg broke yesterday, so we have a wide open space in our family room, so we put down a cozy blanket and the cats are enjoying their new space :) Nice to have Cosmo hanging out within pets reach!

An inside day again today - except for a short cat food trip - the forest fire smoke is really bad here-plus a looper moth invasion - it is really quite odd out there this week :confused:

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Someone I know went on the water yesterday, and got a smokey picture of hundreds of dead loopers floating on the water. o_O We stayed inside.

Come on down Cosmo.

3. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I’m stuck in as well and missing my gym that’s closed due to Covid. I hope the bounce clears soon. Is the new food helping the colon?

4. thebigfuzz

I’ll bet that is a bizarre photo :confused: I can’t tell if it is sunny, or cloudy today :(

I’ll tell him you said so! I feel like we are spinning in circles with the constant bouncing. The AMPS was promising for some blues today, I thought :)

5. thebigfuzz

He’s been continuing to do great megacolon wise with MD mixed in to his kibble :)

Sorry you are stuck inside too :(

I want to feel hopeful that he is clearing his bounces sooner than before, but his SS is a mess :blackeye: (sigh)

6. tiffmaxee

Hope you get it figured out soon. It’s not for lack of trying.

Butters & Lyla and thebigfuzz like this.
  7. thebigfuzz

:bighug:

I guess we either play more with his food, or wait him out at this dose since it still brings him close to 90? I wish there was such a thing as bounce sauce to lower his high end :blackeye:

Butters & Lyla likes this.
  8. tiffmaxee

I’d almost consider an increase and if necessary add more mc or hc but I am not confident in that suggestion. I now can’t seem to be able to tag others . It’s on my list with no thread tools and no emojis. You might tag Wendy, Sienne, or anyone else with lots of experience.

9. thebigfuzz

You lost your emotjis? Weird.

he is eating super HC anyways. The wet at Preshots is 29% and I would think the gastro kibble must be up there too, mixed with 18% MD kibble.

@Wendy&Neko what are your thoughts? Wait Cosmo out on this dose, play with his food some more or increase? I like this dose on his non bounce days...Thanks so much!

10. Wendy&Neko

I do like where Cosmo gets to on non bounce days, but the problem is it's like only 1 in 10 cycles. In the mean time with all those high numbers, he has glucose toxicity and his kidneys are having to work really hard. If you are up for it, I'd try an increase. Maybe save some of that 29% for a couple hours into the cycle, to slow him down when he starts those steep drops.

thebigfuzz likes this.
  11. thebigfuzz

We like where he goes on non bounce days too.

I think we are going to try:
    MD wet at preshots
    MD & gastro kibble mix during the day and night. Any extra food will be MD wet (eliminate extra kibble)

reserve the gastro wet for lower numbers/steering

we have psyllium fiber that we can sprinkle on his MD wet if he has any megacolon issues.

I think his numbers should go down without all the HC. Hopefully!

problem that has been emerging is that Cosmo is having a skin allergy to the gastro :( Chicken isn’t a good food for him, but ziwipeak was just too much for him to handle. The only food we ever found that he was not allergic to was performatin ultra kibble. No idea why?

12. Wendy&Neko

What protein was in the performatrin ultra kibble?

13. thebigfuzz

Turkey, chicken, duck and salmon, then a whole host of supplements and probiotics

14. thebigfuzz

It was gluten free...so maybe it’s the gluten?

15. thebigfuzz

He has reactions to FF turkey and giblets and FF chicken and liver

we also give him purebites freeze dried treats (currently ocean whitefish, but also chicken sometimes) we wondered if it was the freeze dry process at one point.

16. tiffmaxee

I kind of doubt it’s the freeze dried process. My bet is something in the ff.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
    thebigfuzz likes this.
  17. thebigfuzz

He hasn’t had FF in a long time. Aside from a brief 2 days in June, he hasn’t eaten it since December.

18. tiffmaxee

So better with current food. Got it.

19. thebigfuzz

Better, but we can see the skin allergy creeping in with gastro.

20. tiffmaxee

Dermatitis? EGC? My civvie has both.

21. thebigfuzz

You can kind of see where he has had a bald belly and bald spots on his legs in this pic. It is itchy for him and he overgrooms it. His toes look a little raw today too.

22. thebigfuzz

23. thebigfuzz

What is ECG?

24. tiffmaxee

Are there little red marks? EGC is eosinophilic granuloma complex she gets red sores in her lips.

25. tiffmaxee

Here's a picture of military dermatitis on her ear and EGC on her lip. 700EB123-0308-4FD6-B1DF-D8B405B439A7.jpeg

Attached Files:

26. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

I wish there was bounce sauce for him, too. His slide days look so good, and you're working so hard to get him into lower numbers more often. We need more of those Cosmo, please.
    Sorry I don't have anything to recommend for you. :bighug:

thebigfuzz likes this.
  27. thebigfuzz

Cosmo had a nice overnight, keeping DH up every few hrs since I have to work early this morning. Good job DH :p

What a difference carbs make. Lol. New food regime we started today is going well! At +4 DH fed some gastro wet (HC) to slow his drop a bit. Seemed to work, because +6.5 was up to 304.

:coffee:

28. Butters & Lyla

Yay! Way to go, Cosmo and DH.
    DH did a great job slowing his drop, especially considering it is a new food regime AND we all know how daring Cosmo can be. :eek:
    He has earned his :coffee: today. :)

thebigfuzz likes this.
  29. thebigfuzz

We swapped shifts and DH has gone to bed :cool:

It’s a nice morning and the boys are happily laying on their blanket beds. Of course they have fancy cat beds, but prefer their blankets :p

pic of our almost 2 year old Jasper :)

30. thebigfuzz

31. Butters & Lyla

He looks like a cat model!

32. thebigfuzz

I’ll tell him you said that! He is going to be a large cat, I think. He out grew Cosmo a long time ago. :facepalm:

Butters & Lyla likes this.