9/13 Moe: amps=460;+2=385;+4=296;+6=340;+8=331

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Erin and Moe (GA), Sep 13, 2020.

1. Erin and Moe (GA)

Erin and Moe (GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday: https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...-91-7-203-pmps-271-2-368.235139/#post-2632950
    Wow, AMPS is 460! After starting the day yesterday at 50, he just climbed steadily all day. I don’t know if he went super low overnight and this is an enormous bounce, or if there’s something else going on. His demeanor hasn’t changed, eating, drinking and using litter box as usual. He’s been a little growlier than normal for the last couple of days, so maybe something else is happening.

Anyway, I increased back to 6.25 units this morning. Hope he comes back down.

2. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Moe whatcha doing up there, possibly a bounce
    Have a great day Erin

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

It looks like a big bounce. I hope Moe comes back down soon.

4. Erin and Moe (GA)

I don’t like these numbers. He dipped briefly to 296 at +4; now back up to 340 at +6. :(

5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

If he's bouncing because he went low, increasing is not the solution.

When you say Moe is growlier, is it all the time? When doing something in particular? Any chance he got into a tussle with another kitty and has a sore?

6. Erin and Moe (GA)

I don’t think he got into a tussle with anyone. He seems to growl more when one of two other cats is nearby and I try to test him or pet him. That’s a new behaviors; he’s normally very tolerant of other cats. Right now he’s alone in the closet and very happy to have some petting; and was fine with testing today.

He’s due for a vet visit for bloodwork and a once-over. I want her to look in his mouth because he’s eating weirdly, and also check him for arthritis; he’s stiff in the front legs and tender in the hips/tail area.

7. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Sounds like you are seeing some changes due to the acro. It can cause widened jaw (teeth misaligned) or soft tissue growth on the gums. Neko got the latter. Arthritis is also common. Neko had it in her elbows and hip/saddle area too, even I could feel it. :( If you aren't giving anything for it, it might be time. Maybe Adequan to start? Eventually Neko had to go to buprenorphine every day for hers. And I later added acupuncture vet visits and I did daily acupressure as the vet showed me to do. Tag me if you do get that arthritis diagnosis, I had an even larger list of things I tried.

Erin and Moe (GA) likes this.