? 9/15 Kozmo, Dosing advice please?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Annie & Kozmo, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Annie & Kozmo

Annie & Kozmo Member

Previous.

Hi everyone, it’s been a while! :)

Kozmo’s doing well - so well that he earned another dose reduction yesterday.

I’m due to have surgery in just over a week and a half (29 Sept) - Neil and I will be away for two nights and the lady from our usual cattery is happy to look after Kozzie with his insulin, pre-shot BG testing, pain meds and dietary requirements. He will be left unattended overnight with food in his auto-feeder. We have no other options for cat sitters.

We’re wondering what to do in relation to his insulin dosing. He’s great at feeding his lows - but we know that’s not always guaranteed. We feel he’s heading into remission and we don’t want to mess it up!

2. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Hi Annie!
    Haven't seen you in a while! Looks like Kozzie has been doing beautifully.
    I don't offer dosing advice, but a suggestion that you edit your thread title to add the question mark "?" prefix to it, just to help draw more eyes that way. The forum has become a much busier place lately, so much easier for condos to fall to the bottom and disappear from view.
    The experts will no doubt be able to help you come up with a plan for an appropriate dose while you and Neil are away from Kozzie, though it may be a bit early still to settle on an exact vacation dose. Kozzie still has some time to decide this current dose isn't working for him. ;)
    Nice to see you, I hope all goes well with the surgery. :bighug:

Annie & Kozmo likes this.
  3. Annie & Kozmo

Annie & Kozmo Member

:)
    Hi Lyla, lovely to see you too! Butters SS looks great :)

Thanks for the “?” advice. I’ve used it in the past for low pre shots but wasn’t sure whether to use it for a general question. I’ll pop it on and see what happens ;)

I think you’re right about the dosing advice being a little early - Kozzie might yet give us a run for our money before then but we had no idea what to expect when we’re not around to closely monitor him.

:bighug:

Butters & Lyla likes this.
  4. Annie & Kozmo

Annie & Kozmo Member

I don’t my mind if this post gets lost in the forum, I’ll ask again later next week when the time is closer.

Butters & Lyla likes this.
  5. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

That's a great idea. So much can happen between now and then. When you post again, we can tag the experts in to comment. Right now, they'd likely just tell you to ask when it gets closer to the time, like maybe four days prior or so. You'd want to start the "away" dose probably a couple of days in advance so Kozzie's depot can adjust.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
  6. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Kozmo was getting some good numbers...why the reduction today?

7. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Can you post again in a week asking about a petsitter dose? A lot can change in a week and we'll better be able to suggest what to do with that info closer to the date.