? 9/15 Thelonius 232 AMPS, 186+5.5, 245 PMPS, failed reduction?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Thelonius, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Thelonius

Thelonius Member

last thread.

It's been a bit since I posted, but I am really unsure on how to proceed. His dosage has been at 1 unit for a bit, but he barely seems to hit the green. I think he needs to be brought back up to 1.25

Should I stop giving him reductions when he gets below 50, and wait until he gets to 30? He doesn't seem to be taking to any dosage lower than 1.

TIA!

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Absolutely do not wait for 30 to reduce. Even long turns don’t want to go that low. It can land him at the ER with a symptomatic hypo.Read the TR protocol please. You can increase to 1.25 though.

3. Thelonius

Thelonius Member

The 30 was a bit of a typo, I meant 40. He's been under treatment for almost a year, and his symptoms were evident for about a month before his diagnosis, so he's borderline long-term. It just seems that he can't successfully reduce past this point with 50 being the cutoff.

4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Then it’s 3 times in the 40’s or one time under 40 to earn a reduction. Glad that was a typo.

Thelonius likes this.
  5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Or one week in normal BG numbers also works.