9/16 Cosmo AMPS 436, +3 416, +5 460, PMPS 535 dose increase day

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by thebigfuzz, Sep 16, 2020.

1. thebigfuzz

thebigfuzz Well-Known Member

Yesterday:
    https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/9-15-cosmo-amps-542-pmps-500-2-362-3-317-9-398.235377/

Cosmo dropped out of his bounce last night, but didn’t drop under 300 from what we could tell. I can always tell when he is either rising sharply or dropping fast now - he grumbles and sighs :confused: it must be hard on his little body.

Glad to see him in the 300’s overnight, I’m sure he will have a good day energy and walking wise today. I fed him some MD wet at +3 last night and left a little out to try to slow his drop, which seemed to work, except he halted in the pinks and didn’t quite reach yellow.

The new food regimen is going well with still daily nice soft, formed large poops! I was worried about that once we swapped gastro wet for MD.

Day off today and a dose increase to 3 units. Hope it goes well!!!

Butters & Lyla likes this.
  2. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

It's tricky knowing what to feed and when to feed without messing up their numbers, especially with a food change. But so great that his poops are still good with the new food regimen. That must be a relief to both you and Cosmo.
    Can't wait to see what he does with this dose.

thebigfuzz likes this.
  3. thebigfuzz

A flat kind of day for Cosmo on his new dose. He is happy and as active as an arthritic kitty can be :p Neuropathy looks better and he is higher on his paws.

We haven’t given CBD or cartophen since June when he was struggling with megacolon. I guess we should start a little pain management? Could bring his #’s down a bit too? I heard some people give bupe for pain? I am a little reluctant to go that route.

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I can't see there'd be an issue with cartrophen. And yes, pain can influence the numbers. Neko got bupe, she had pretty severe arthritis due to her acromegaly. Some people give gabapentin as an option.

thebigfuzz likes this.
  5. thebigfuzz

I guess Cosmo is bouncing or some NDW today. Hope he comes down tomorrow :) He is happy and hungry!

Thanks @Wendy&Neko Appreciate you checking in :bighug: