? 9/16; Henri PMPS 97, +1 94, 89@ +1.5, +2 77, 97@2.5, +3 98, 100@3.5, +4 116, 127@4.5, +5 118, 120@5

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Katie_Waz, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Katie_Waz

Katie_Waz Member

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

You don't need to link the spreadsheet - it's in your signature. Just one less step to do when you start a new daily post. :)

I hope she comes up a little for you before PMPS. Nice to that bounce broken.

3. Katie_Waz

Katie_Waz Member

Ah...Ok, I didn't realize...thanks!

How can you tell that the bounce is broken? last time she ranged from red to blue all in 1 cycle.

4. Wendy&Neko

She's over the high numbers and back to greens/blues. Plus when they break a bounce, the numbers tend to slide down all cycle.

5. Katie_Waz

Katie_Waz Member

ah...very interesting

her numbers are still dropping, a half hour before shoot time. 90@11.5

6. Katie_Waz

Katie_Waz Member

Her numbers are still dropping. 90@11.5

when it comes to stalling, I'm not sure exactly what that entails.
    I think I want to see that her numbers are on their way up without the influence of food before I shoot? How long is acceptable to stall for and at what point do i jump in there and use food to affect her numbers

7. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

If you stall, you dint feed, and retest in 20 minutes to see if the bg is coming up on its own which often happens at the end of the cycle. The reason you don’t feed is that you want to make sure the result is not food influenced.

Katie_Waz likes this.
  8. Katie_Waz

Katie_Waz Member

She's still dropping 83@11.75

Can anyone walk me through this "stall" thing?

9. Katie_Waz

Katie_Waz Member

so if her shot time is at 7pm, I wouldn't feed and i would test again at 7:20, and again at 7:40...how long is it acceptable to do this?
    Do I just keep doing this until she reaches 50 and then use food as an intervention to bring her back up?

10. Wendy&Neko

There is nothing with shooting a dropping number, if you are prepared for it. The danger with stalling is that without food they'll continue to fall without food in them. A stall involved, not feeding, and waiting and retesting.

Katie_Waz likes this.
  11. tiffmaxee

Here’s the thing. She’s clearing a bounce and will likely keep going down without food. You can shoot on time but you could need to be up for hours, you can skip, or shoot a 1/4 or 1/2 dose.

Katie_Waz likes this.
  12. tiffmaxee

Wendy and I cross posted. Lol.

13. Katie_Waz

Katie_Waz Member

I can be home with her to test her as often as she needs. right now she's in the 80's. I thought I wasn't supposed to shoot anything under 150?

I guess I'm not really understanding what comes next

14. Katie_Waz

Katie_Waz Member

So her dose is .75 U right now. What should I shoot. it's between .25 and .5

15. tiffmaxee

It’s up to you as to whether you shoot your lowest preshot. Shoot low to stay low is what generally happens.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
  16. Katie_Waz

Katie_Waz Member

I'm prepared to shoot at a low dose but what should I shoot and should I shoot at normal time

17. Katie_Waz

Katie_Waz Member

and then with shooting low, I still won't use HC food unless she drops below 50

18. tiffmaxee

You can shoot the full dose at your normal time. Or yO
    u can shoot a reduced dose but there’s no guarantee she still won’t drop either way.
    Correct unless you want to abort the cycle and bring her up quickly. The longer you wait the lower she will be most likely.

Katie_Waz likes this.
  19. Katie_Waz

Katie_Waz Member

OK, she went back up to 97 now and it's 5 min to shot time. Should I shoot her regular dose then?

20. Katie_Waz

Katie_Waz Member

She just went back up to 97. If I do a stall, what number am I stalling until bc it seems like she is on her way back up now.
    and when I reach that number should I resume her normal .75 U?

21. tiffmaxee

If you do it I will stay with you. You would start by feeding and shooting and then getting a +1 and +2.

22. tiffmaxee

Don’t wait if you are going to shoot the .75. Just shoot on time and feed her.

23. tiffmaxee

Look at JaxBenj’s spreadsheet to see what might happen.

24. tiffmaxee

What have you decided?

25. Katie_Waz

Katie_Waz Member

OK, So I gave her the full .75 unit dose (about 5 min late) and she's eating LC food right now

26. tiffmaxee

I’ll be back to check on you in an hour. Keep your spreadsheet and title updated.

27. Katie_Waz

Katie_Waz Member

K. will do

Thank you for your help!

28. tiffmaxee

Your welcome. Please do look at how Susanne has been steering Jax with food. She writes everything down. It will be helpful for you.

Katie_Waz likes this.
  29. Katie_Waz

Katie_Waz Member

How do I find her spreadsheet?

30. tiffmaxee

Katie_Waz likes this.
  31. Katie_Waz

Katie_Waz Member

Thanks! I'll check it out!
    Henri is up. her +0.6 is 94 and that's with her normal LC meal.
    Should I feed her what she normally eats...(amount wise) at this meal?

32. tiffmaxee

Yes. Just don’t overfeed her in case you need to guide her with food. Maybe a little less than usual.

33. tiffmaxee

Question. Was she at 94 one hour after insulin? Put the number in the +1 box on your spreadsheet.

34. Katie_Waz

Katie_Waz Member

yes, at .6 and and at 1. I never took my cursor out of the box so it hadn't saved yet. I'll make sure I stay light on the food...thank you!

35. tiffmaxee

He didn’t get a food bump so he’s going to keep you busy I think. Next test is +2.

Katie_Waz likes this.
  36. Wendy&Neko

Glad you shot! Our saying here is shoot low to stay low.:D I'm glad Elise was around to help
    Just a point of clarification. For people following TR, below 150 for the first few times, we ask that you do not feed and post for help if you want it.

Katie_Waz likes this.
  37. Katie_Waz

Katie_Waz Member

definitely, yeah I wasn't really sure what to do. I didn't realize there were 2 options. Up until this point I had only ever heard of stalling. I'm feeding her small amounts every 20-30 min. her +1 dropped down to 77.

Is there anyway to tell what kind of a day tomorrow will be? I'm considering calling out to work in the morning. My husband wont be home until the afternoon bc of a few appointments he has

38. tiffmaxee

Next time you feed Her give mc. It’s early in the cycle.

Katie_Waz likes this.
  39. Katie_Waz

Katie_Waz Member

her +1 was a drop to 77

40. tiffmaxee

There’s no way at this point to predict what will happen tonight let alone tomorrow.

Katie_Waz likes this.
  41. tiffmaxee

It says +1 is 94 above???

42. Katie_Waz

Katie_Waz Member

I figured lol I'll go look for the MC food now

43. Katie_Waz

Katie_Waz Member

her +1 94 is just a little lower than her PMPS of 97 but there were some tests in between that were up and down.

Should I limit the amount of MC food I give? I have one that is 13%

PMPS 97
    +0.3 83
    +0.6 94
    +1 94
    +1.5 89
    +2 22

44. tiffmaxee

We don’t want her dropping much more so early. I’d give a couple teaspoons of 13%. Lc is 10% and under so it’s not too high.

Katie_Waz likes this.
  45. Katie_Waz

Katie_Waz Member

she's now 97 at 2.5 I haven't done the MC food yet bc I had just fed her, If she's down again at +3 I'll do some MC food..how much should I do. it's 13%

46. Katie_Waz

Katie_Waz Member

ah..ok, I didn't realize. I'll have to try to pick up some 10% tomorrow

What is a good number to get her to and stabilized at this early in the cycle?

47. tiffmaxee

I’d love to see her stay around where she is now.

48. tiffmaxee

Don’t get too hung up on carb percents. Some cats are carb sensitive and others aren’t. We are relying on the manufacturer’s info. It’s not exact.

Katie_Waz likes this.
  49. Katie_Waz

Katie_Waz Member

very true. So being that the last 2 times she ate, she actually ate a much better amount, should I hold off on feeding, see what she is at +3, and as long as she doesn't go down anymore hold off on the food? She a=has still only had LC food bc the next time I would feed her would be in 15 min.
    I think (if I remember correctly) when I see increasing or stable numbers for 2 hours without the influence of food shes safe?

50. tiffmaxee

I think you will need to keep feeding her small amounts until possibly +5-7. You want to make sure he’s hit nadir and coming up enough. We are going to have to take this test by test.

Katie_Waz likes this.
  51. Wendy&Neko

There are more than two options. It's just that stalling is being suggested so much these days so that's why you've been hearing it. It's OK for the first time shooting green, for the purposes of gathering data. For next time:

Tight Regulation: Becoming Data Ready to Shoot / Handle Lower Pre-shot Numbers

Katie_Waz likes this.
  52. Katie_Waz

Katie_Waz Member

ok...will do
    I think I can stick to the LC food if she's sticking in the 90's then?

53. tiffmaxee

Yes.

Katie_Waz likes this.
  54. Katie_Waz

Katie_Waz Member

Thanks! I dont think I read this one yet...I'm going to print it out and ut it in my Henri binder lol

55. tiffmaxee

Looks like he might not need as close monitoring as I thought he might. Test again in an hour. Lc is perfect now.

Katie_Waz likes this.
  56. Katie_Waz

Katie_Waz Member

Thanks! I didn't get as much into her for this last feeding, (only 16 calories as opposed to low 20's). I think she's not as hungry bc of all the food. I'll keep an eye on her though. Ill give her a full hour in between trying to feed her instead of every 30 min. going to test her BG in about 15 min

57. Katie_Waz

Katie_Waz Member

she's up to 116. I'll not that she stopped food a half hour ago, so I'll monitor again at +5 and so long as she's going up on her own I won't feed her anymore. I want her to be hungry in case she drops again later.

Question, If tomorrow morning and tomorrow evening continue like this where I am using food to keep her from going too low, would we reduce her insulin again? I can monitor her nonstop tomorrow until about 1 in the afternoon. From 1-5, my husband should be able to check in on her once..maybe twice but he wouldn't be able to do it like I had to tonight

58. tiffmaxee

No. She only earns a reduction if she drops under 50. You want to keep her surfing normal numbers as much as possible so that she gets used to them.Thats the reason to guide her curve with food. Normal bg for a cat is roughly 50-80 or 100 on a human meter. That’s where the healing takes place. She’s doing really well.

Katie_Waz likes this.
  59. Katie_Waz

Katie_Waz Member

Ah...so that's why you shoot low to stay low

Makes sense. Oh good... this is exciting then!

tiffmaxee likes this.
  60. Katie_Waz

Katie_Waz Member

127 @4.5
    Does this mean I can take a nap? I need to eat something so I'll test again at midnight (+5) but then I was thinking I might be able to sleep for a couple hours? Maybe until +7 or +8?

61. tiffmaxee

I don’t think you need to worry about a big drop. If the +5 hasn’t gone down I think you can sleep until +11.5 so if you need to see if heading up at that point so you can shoot on time in the morning.

Katie_Waz likes this.
  62. Katie_Waz

Katie_Waz Member

Nice! I have a question.
    If we have another shoot low cycle, and they continue...will her body get used to it and it will be easier to keep her up at a good number? And everyday she'll stay in the good numbers without my having to feed her every 20 min

And if i wasn't going to be home to monitor her tonight, what would I have done as far as food and insulin goes

KittenTheCat likes this.
  63. Katie_Waz

Katie_Waz Member

her +5 went down from 127 (+4.5) to +5 118

did I jynx myself :/

64. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

the last time she ate was at +4 when she was 116?

65. Katie_Waz

Katie_Waz Member

She was done eating at +3.5
    Her +5.5 is 120

I'm having a problem accessing my spreadsheet but ill update the thread title

66. tiffmaxee

She’s surfing nicely. I hope you get rid of the pests so you can start using your auto feeder. I would get some sleep.