9.16 macho amps 300 pmps 270

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Garciacat, Sep 16, 2021.

1. Garciacat

Garciacat Member

2. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

Aww, I'm sorry that Macho doesn't seem to be getting better, but you know, he would be doing way worse if you weren't taking such good care of him. :bighug:

Garciacat likes this.
  3. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

If he fools his previous ways he should show you blue tomorrow. If not you could try increasing on Saturday if you have more opportunities to test over the weekend.

Garciacat likes this.
  4. Garciacat

Garciacat Member

thank you. We will test him more sunday.

5. Garciacat

Garciacat Member

:(

6. tiffmaxee

You might need more tests if you increase but only if you see yellow or low.

7. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

He dropped quite a bit at PMPS+2 on 9/13. It's possible he went to mid-blues and bounced from there.
    But I agree with Elise, it looks like he needs the increase.

8. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

It does look like Macho needs to go back to 2.75U. If you take him back up on tomorrow/Saturday morning, you can keep an eye on him for the first 2 days of the increase.

Garciacat likes this.
  9. Garciacat

Garciacat Member

HI everyone,

@PerfumedCatMom @tiffmaxee @Bandit's Mom @Bron and Sheba (GA) @Chris & China (GA)

I will do a curve tomorrow.
    have you ever seen the food darwin's raw food?.
    https://www.darwinspet.com/cat-food/

I want to try this before we take him to the vet for sonogram and other test to see what its going on ( in case is something else).

Thank You

AL

Last edited: Sep 18, 2021
  10. tiffmaxee

Darwin’s is a good food. Another good one is Small Batch but you may not be able to get it.

11. Garciacat

Garciacat Member

I found (small batch) it in 5 petshops.
    I'm going to try that or other raw food before spending in more money in test.
    The glucosamine test is alone $200.00. Its that test necessary ?.

12. Garciacat

Garciacat Member

I also found this information.

If this good as petshop premade raw cat food ill ask my mom to help me do it.
    https://feline-nutrition.org/nutrition/making-raw-cat-food-for-do-it-yourselfers

13. tiffmaxee

The glucosamine test is not necessary since you test at home. It’s a waste of money.
    If you want to make your own it will be cheaper. Get EZ Complete. It has all vitamins and minerals in it. Then you buy ground chicken , turkey, or whatever protein you want and mix it in. You can get a sample from the company to try and see if he will like it. EZ COMPLETE can also be used with cooked food if you want. Let me fund tge link for you.

Garciacat likes this.
  14. tiffmaxee

15. Garciacat

Garciacat Member

Like ground organic meat from the supermarket ?
    i'm confused i buy the EZ AND ground meat too?.

16. tiffmaxee

Yes. You buy ground meat at the market. Then you buy EZ which is a powder that you mix in with the meat and you have a complete food. They will sell you a sample of the EZ to try and see if he will eat it. EZ is not a food. It’s a powder that has all the vitamins etc to combine with the meat to make a complete food.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2021
  17. Katherine&Ruby

I would start off with a prepared one you can buy in the store like Small Batch and see if he likes it. If he does, then try the EZ complete as Elise says. It's a powder that has all of the vitamins a cat needs. Ground organic meat from a GOOD store, like Whole Foods or Trader Joe's, would be cheaper with the EZ Complete in the long term. You can get chicken, turkey, pork or ground beef. The really really important thing, Al, is you read the label on the meat. It should not have more than 3-4% sodium. Buy two pounds of the meat, follow the directions on the EZ Complete bag, and Macho will love it. Both of my cats love eating it. But if this is too much for you and your parents will pay for Small Batch, that is ok too.

Garciacat likes this.
  18. Garciacat

Garciacat Member

I just want to try one more thing before my dad* spend money on the vet getting more test. Because is not normal that he still going up. Right now he is not going down and we increased the dose.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2021
    Katherine&Ruby likes this.
  19. Katherine&Ruby

Ths is a good idea. There may be something in the food that is bothering him. Good luck with it!

Garciacat likes this.
  20. Garciacat

Garciacat Member

Or maybe he has something. Because we have tried different foods, ff classic pate and natural, primal dried food, tiki cat & stella and chewy and nothing.

Katherine&Ruby likes this.