9/16 Oberon +9 174, +12 145, AMPS (+12.33) 143, +1 204, +2 227, +4 288, +7 333, PMPS 402, +2 407, +5

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Lisa & Oberon, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Lisa & Oberon

Lisa & Oberon Well-Known Member

2. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Well isn't this exciting! This is a beautiful preshot number.
    What's your day looking like? Will you be able to monitor him? Do you have lots of test strips, MC/HC food and karo?
    ETA: This is what you want to be thinking about, especially if his number is falling at +12.33.

3. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

Lisa & Oberon likes this.
  4. Lisa & Oberon

I'm here all day if necessary; hoping to go out for a couple of hours midday but I could skip that if I had to. I have all the stuff I need, I think. (My highest carb food is 12% but I also have honey.)

ETA: Based on past patterns I expect him to bounce right back up soon, but he might surprise me.

JaxBenji likes this.
  5. Butters & Lyla

Okay, I've managed with honey and MC myself though it just takes more work if he does drop because the honey wears off faster. Do buy some different %carb foods, though. I have: 13, 15, 17, 20 and 21%.

6. Butters & Lyla

I reviewed your spreadsheet. Looks like Oberon has been sliding down all night. When was the last time you gave him food?
    ETA: Just saw your edit. Yes, I'd expect he would bounce back up if he goes much lower, but how much lower will he go before that happens....:)

7. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm just popping in from work and can't stay on. As long as you can monitor, and have supplies, you should shoot your normal dose. This is what you've been waiting for. You can keep him safe if you need to and he may bounce back up.

Butters & Lyla likes this.
  8. Lisa & Oberon

143 at +12.33. He was fed at about 4 am (+9) but the food didn't get taken away. He just snuck a nibble between my +12 and +12.33 tests. I'm going to go for it and then check him at +1, unless I should check even sooner than that.

JaxBenji and Butters & Lyla like this.
  9. Butters & Lyla

Yay! That sounds like a great plan. I'm no Sue or Carla, but I'll still pop in to see how it's going. I can help you steer him if you want/need help if I'm the best you've got, lol. I've been through low numbers with Butters an awful lot lately.
    Checking at +1 is fine. And we'll see where we are at then.
    ETA: And once you shoot, you can change your title and add "shot lowest preshot # ever"

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
  10. Lisa & Oberon

Thanks!

11. Butters & Lyla

12. Lisa & Oberon

Yep, been rereading all the stickies. Breakfast and shower now, so I'm ready for the day if I need to spend the rest of it poking and feeding him.

13. Lisa & Oberon

204 at +1. Already bouncing. I'll check again at +2 just to be sure.

14. Butters & Lyla

Good idea. We can't say for sure yet. Are you keeping track of what you're feeding him? It could be a food bump.

15. Lisa & Oberon

I haven't been keeping careful track of amounts, but he got fed an hour ago. (He's still getting his usual ~2% FF classic pate.) I'll start recording that.

16. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Sorry that I wasn't here...but it sounds like you were able to get some helpful advice.

Oberon may finally be getting enough insulin! Yeah! I hope he doesn't bounce for long...but he's certainly not used to these nice blues.

Looking back I would have said definitely to shoot...since he needs the juice and finally is showing some progress...

Good for you for taking a deep breath and shooting! You've got a good plan for today - let's see how long it takes him to clear that bounce.

17. Lisa & Oberon

227 at +2; still coming up but not as fast as previous bounces. I'm hoping we're getting closer to a good dose!

18. Lisa & Oberon

402 before the evening shot; hoping he clears this bounce more quickly. Starting the 5th cycle at this dose. Does he still count as being "new" to numbers under 200? If so I should hold this dose for a few more cycles, but if not he'll get an increase tomorrow evening.

19. LindyNova

LindyNova Well-Known Member

I am by no means an expert, but, yes--he is still new to #s under 200. If I was in your shoes, I would probably hold for a few more cycles.....just for curiosity's sake. Like...when will the bounce clear?...will he go back to blues? :)

I hope someone else chimes in.