9/18 Alice AMPS 329 +3 345 +6.3 366 PMPS 418 +3 345 +8.25 169

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by AliceMeowliss (GA), Sep 18, 2020.

1. AliceMeowliss (GA)

AliceMeowliss (GA) Well-Known Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...5-43-4-76-4-5-104-5-132-7-112-9-5-178.235487/

Copied and pasted straight from my notes, I’m tired and brain dead and need to do things today. :\

“AM
    329 @ 11:02
    0.75 @ 11:03 +12.5
    But she flinched before I finished pushing down the plunger and I jerked back. Fur smells a bit like insulin, partial fur shot maybe?
    Got practically no food in her. Licks, maybe a nibble. Tried with everything.”

shot was 30 min late. I don’t even remember if the alarm didn’t go off or I just didn’t notice the time or what. Got a few small calories into her (she is almost interested in corn syrup... and I don’t care entirely as long as she has calories right now, she barely licked that either though, I brought the ziwi lamb back out too, heated, and not much success, mostly still licking and then turning her head at the food)

she IS getting up and drinking water for herself though.

Today’s first question:
    Ondansetron. what form do you use? What dose? Is it expensive? Do the coupons like goodrx ever work for the vet prescriptions?
    I am thinking *maybe* if she has a different nausea medicine it will help?

While editing in previous condo link, she had a good pee and is back to drinking her water. At least she isn’t laying down to give up I guess.

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

See the 13th post in the 9/17 condo for my answers on ondansetron.

AliceMeowliss (GA) likes this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Glad Alice is drinking. I hope she eats better for you. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

4. AliceMeowliss (GA)

thanks for directing to me previous comment. I’m so far beyond out of it exhausted.
    Would you be so kind as to point to specific probiotic available on amazon or something that is under $10-20? I will get it ordered. I still only have the Imuquin/fortiflora which are not ideal.

I can hardly think and I still have so much... I was supposed to start emptying a storage unit today. Oof.

Bright side!!!
    I bought one can of tiki after dark venison and beef liver pate. I got the ondansetron finally after calling multiple pharmacies and calling my vet repeatedly. And...
    She ate!!!!!!!
    I have honestly no clue how this food will sit with her but anything at this point but chicken-y friskies should help somehow. She’s never had venison or this brand.

I don’t know what else to say or update right now. Zzzz moments like this I wish I still drank coffee

5. AliceMeowliss (GA)

@thebigfuzz Alice ate a real food finally!!!!! Thanks for keeping me company last night. :)

carfurby (GA) and thebigfuzz like this.
  6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Renew ultimate flora or something similar is a good probiotic.

7. AliceMeowliss (GA)

Thank you. I’m at a point where I can’t think straight and just need to be told.

eta: this one? & how much to give per day? Half capsule? Whole?

Attached Files:

8. AliceMeowliss (GA)

I am so so tired I am worried I won’t be able to manage doing subq fluids tonight, safely. I hate this and feel like a bad kitty mama but I just can’t. I can barely stand or be stable and upright. I don’t want to hurt her. I did try to message someone for help/relief but didn’t hear back.

I’ll add more water to this new food. She is also making efforts to drink water on her own and has been at least doing that all day and last night. I’ll do fluids after I’ve had at least one cycle of sleep.

9. AliceMeowliss (GA)

1. Alice was angry about me grabbing her skin up again. Almost got hit.
    2. She is eating the tiki. I added some d-mannose and Cosequin plus lots of water and some phosphorous binder and left a bowl out for her to graze if she feels like it.
    3. Same dose, +11.7
    4. I wish she looked happier. :(
    5. Gonna try to get a nap. Then do subq early AM maybe.

10. AliceMeowliss (GA)

She is still eating some tiki. She was up out of her basket and chirpy and purry.
    I might sleep.......

11. AliceMeowliss (GA)

+8.25 was 169, and she was purry and happy. She did not eat on her own while I was sleeping. I’ve been wondering if she is always a little stuffy-nosed and not smelling things as well. Maybe a small humidifier in her room would help?

She cuddled me briefly. Not as long as I always would like but it’s good that she would get up on the bed and such. Positives. Amazing what food and fluids can do!